British mother says my son would have died in Thailand without his girlfriend

webfact

There are also some good girls around thumbsup.gif

Quite a lot in fact ?

I married one 34 years ago in May. Never looked back. And her family (now my family), not a bum among them. I have done a lot for the family over the years (not all in a monetary sense), that all (in particular the kids) treat me with respect, as I do them.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That depends on his contract. He may well have not had that sort of cover written into his contract.

No, it's a requirement for every legal employee in Thailand.

Guess he was working illegally without a work permit on a tourist VISA.

...lucky to be alive....too young for an aneurysm one would think

...there is another friend mentioned....barely...

....impressive amount of money collected...29,000 Pounds....???

....and residents or owners of an island.....

...genuine acts are few and far between.....

...let's hope this was one....

Why is every sentence in every post book-ended with...

article-1208107-007A022200000258-197_468

?

(Sorry Mods, Someone had to ask smile.png )

"Why is every sentence in every post book-ended with... ?"

I am sure you know that is known as Morse Code.

Its good to see a story like this coming out of Thailand.

There are so many negative reports these days that it turns people away

from holidaying here. The Tourism business is down & out and it will

take a long time to recover, if ever.

Tourism down and out ?...Never saw so many Chinese from Chiang Mai to Hua HJin......!!! Hotels & resorts are full....

Great story and outcome, but how can a bloke of 24 have any excuse for not being insured?

(& before the trolls jump on me I'm referring to the probs associated with age or pre existing conditions that apply to us oldies!)

As a teacher, I'm somewhat surprised he wasn't insured through the school.

Good to see a story where the Thai girl helps a foreigner to live than to die.

But just look at the pic... guy and girl around the same age.. both nice in the looks department.. bigger chance it was a real g/f instead one that was after money.

Nah...They all after money, make no beans about it. Havent seen a poor foreigner yet to come and score a high quality Thai girl. There is a time limit on how long you can suck milk before the cow kicks you. It all comes down to if you remain a dreamweaver or a dream maker.

That depends on his contract. He may well have not had that sort of cover written into his contract.

Cover including the cost of repatriation? My understanding is the employers liability is limited to basic treatment in a government hospital.

Cover including the cost of repatriation? My understanding is the employers liability is limited to basic treatment in a government hospital.

It is covered by the semi-private hospital you choose (from a list in your area) when you join the SS system as an employee.

No need for repatriation, they cover every medical event.

The never ending debate some of you participate in whethher true love can be found by foreigners in Thailand. The question should be: Is Thailand your paradise or your second chance? Paradise to me is that place that makes me happy doing absolutely NOTHING! Where, regardless my age or lack of good looks i can still be in the company of girls who, for whatever reasons, find me likeable. Paradise is not a place where i come to try and make another hell and right past failures. For me paradise is my escape from hell. I dont want a house in paradise a room will due. Not trying to have The American Dream in Thailand. Women make strange bedfellows. Who gives a crock if she loves you for your dick, pussy eatting skills or money as long as you THINK she loves you and makes your time in paradise memorable. My advice get a four-leaf-clover and ALWAYS...ALWAYS...and for those of you with vision and hearing impairments...I said ALWAYS start with "She loves me not"

I was riding in the back of a tuktuk late night in CM and we came around a bend and I saw an overturned tuktuk with some farangs I recognized standing around and the Thai driver sitting on a curb holding his head. I had never seen so much blood, huge pool on the street. I told my driver to stop and we took him to Chiangmai Ram hospital Casualty door about 1 minute away. I paid the driver and walked away. This all happened in a matter of seconds without me thinking about any reprecussions.

Later the guys told me I was stupid because I could have been unjustly blamed or fleeced somehow for the accident but they were glad I did the right thing.

Edited by arunsakda

According ti the latest "government reports" the tourism industry is thriving with record entries last month ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Great story and outcome, but how can a bloke of 24 have any excuse for not being insured?

(& before the trolls jump on me I'm referring to the probs associated with age or pre existing conditions that apply to us oldies!)

Many reasons, he was working here full time, not just one of the usual two week millionaires.

Good to see a story where the Thai girl helps a foreigner to live than to die.

But just look at the pic... guy and girl around the same age.. both nice in the looks department.. bigger chance it was a real g/f instead one that was after money.

Nah...They all after money, make no beans about it. Havent seen a poor foreigner yet to come and score a high quality Thai girl. There is a time limit on how long you can suck milk before the cow kicks you. It all comes down to if you remain a dreamweaver or a dream maker.[/quo

I have.

...lucky to be alive....too young for an aneurysm one would think

...there is another friend mentioned....barely...

....impressive amount of money collected...29,000 Pounds....???

....and residents or owners of an island.....

...genuine acts are few and far between.....

...let's hope this was one....

Why is every sentence in every post book-ended with...

article-1208107-007A022200000258-197_468

?

(Sorry Mods, Someone had to ask smile.png )

"Why is every sentence in every post book-ended with... ?"

I am sure you know that is known as Morse Code.

I scrolled back and checked your DOTS. As an ex radio operator i can tell you that your dots read I E S E E S so what were you trying to say ? Dit Da Dit Da Dit .... AR meaning end of message .

Edited by oldsailor35

According ti the latest "government reports" the tourism industry is thriving with record entries last month ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

If you believe in the numbers that the government puts out no doubt "You also believe in the tooth fairy"

If you believe in the numbers that the government puts out no doubt "You also believe in the tooth fairy"

What in the hell do you think the laughing smilies are about.........Duh !

I was riding in the back of a tuktuk late night in CM and we came around a bend and I saw an overturned tuktuk with some farangs I recognized standing around and the Thai driver sitting on a curb holding his head. I had never seen so much blood, huge pool on the street. I told my driver to stop and we took him to Chiangmai Ram hospital Casualty door about 1 minute away. I paid the driver and walked away. This all happened in a matter of seconds without me thinking about any reprecussions.

Later the guys told me I was stupid because I could have been unjustly blamed or fleeced somehow for the accident but they were glad I did the right thing.

Farang urban myth.

Great respect and good wishes for the girl.No doubt she has maximum jai dee.It is a feel good story.It could have been a different out come had the girl just Piised off.It proves that she is indeed one in a million.

I had a friend in Pattaya a couple of years ago.A very good looking man in his early thirties who had a sudden brain trauma.He was married to a Thai girl,they had two kids and he was a loyal husband.the problem was that the trauma left him with the same effects of a severe stroke.Now,he is totally house bound,he cannot do his job,he can hardly speak,or walk.

The wife,however, has turned cold towards him.She does not take care of him in any way.His financial affairs are now in the hands of a good friend.This friend has his ATM card and much to the wifes annoyance she is getting a limited allowance.She leaves him alone and goes out leaving the two kids alone with him.he has a nurse that comes in on a daily basis and tends to his day to day needs.he refuses to go home to the UK and spends his time in a chair placed by a window.His family have pleaded with him to return home but he will not.He is lucky to have a group of friends that look after his affairs and his financial needs.They have warned his wife that if anything should happen to him,the money will be immediately cut off. it is only a matter of time until she finds herself another ferang who will take his place.What will happen to the kids then? His boss still pays him a wage(another nice guy)His money is paid into a bank account which is safe guarded by his friend.

This is a sad story,i know,but it proves that there are two ends to the spectrum.Oh! and if anyone is thinking that this friend is on the make,well this friend is his mate from primary school days,they came over here together and were best pals.he will recover slowly.but he will never be his old self in any way.

So this story gives me some faith in Thai womanhood.

KKD

Ahhh TVF, you never fail to disappoint, a good story about someone falling ill and being helped out by his Thai gf, friends and Thai people - and within a few posts we have talk about Thailand not caring about anyone, hospitals rifling your pockets before you are admitted (funnily that it has never happened to me, but hey!), he must be illegal with no work permit, he is just a scumbag teacher, all Thai girls will rip you off etc. etc..

Shouldn't be T.I.T should be T.I.T.V

Bunch of plonkers.

take a long time to recover, if

.[/quote

Good first line...

The rest is hogwash.

Absolute hogwash, arrivals up,up,up on last year, 15%. 30 million coming this year. I think he means his friend who owns his beer bar is suffering a downturn. But never let the facts get in the way

Note also the Thais airlifted the bloke 380 Kim's to hospital and then the Thai doctors saved his life in a three hour surgery. He was lucky to be in Thailand when this occurred. Great people these Thais.

I have a used car, I would like to sell to you...

Yeah, what have you got. I prefer V8s.

I reckon with you working in the "down and out" tourist industry, and with all the road carnage, and the terrible state of the economy, tourist shootings, and all the rest of the doom and gloom" you must be a very desperate seller. I can smell a bargain.

Any chance of throwing in some beer bar stools also if I buy it?

As they charge foreigners 10x-15x the Thai rate, I'm guessing 1 paying foreigner would cover the costs of at least 10 foreigners doing a runner.

Only in private hospitals.

Ambulance drivers always take foreigners to private hospitals, they get a 'finders fee'.

All these desperate appeals to pay big bills are always a scam on the foreigner.

Repair work in a government hospital could be paid easily by foreigners.

1.8Mbht in Phuket,

600GBP/night,

You gotta be joking,

I paid 400bht/night in a government hospital general ward inclusive of saline drip/antibiotics.

x-ray 100bht, ultrasound 250bht, blood tests 250bht.

Private room 1,000bht/night extra, if I wanted it.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

take a long time to recover, if

.[/quote

Good first line...

The rest is hogwash.

Absolute hogwash, arrivals up,up,up on last year, 15%. 30 million coming this year. I think he means his friend who owns his beer bar is suffering a downturn. But never let the facts get in the way

Note also the Thais airlifted the bloke 380 Kim's to hospital and then the Thai doctors saved his life in a three hour surgery. He was lucky to be in Thailand when this occurred. Great people these Thais.

I have a used car, I would like to sell to you...

Yeah, what have you got. I prefer V8s.

I reckon with you working in the "down and out" tourist industry, and with all the road carnage, and the terrible state of the economy, tourist shootings, and all the rest of the doom and gloom" you must be a very desperate seller. I can smell a bargain.

Any chance of throwing in some beer bar stools also if I buy it?

Are you the new public relations- guy for TAT?

With all your "Thais are the best!", "Thailand is the best!" "Everything in Thailand is so great!"

Must be nice, constantly living on cloud 9...and a pink, fluffy one on top!

Young blokes can get young Thai gfs. Sure. The girls love exotic farang. Same age. Student. Middle class. Nice and lovely! The misery is farm girls half the age of farang 'papa' found on barstool. LOL. Anyway. Looks like great couple. May the guy get better.

'Young man makes recovery from a serious condition thanks to his loving girlfriend and kind hearted donators'

TVF misery brigade "Yeah but did he have a WORK PERMIT?"

rolleyes.gif

That made me laugh…"the misery brigade"

However its true.