Best nightlife in Hang Dong

Chesterpot

Hello chaps and chapettes,

Considering moving to Hang Dong soon. Can people familiar with the area recommend some good places to go out there? Bars with free pool, sports bars etc. :)

Want to go check out some places this week. I understand it won't compare well to the city but just want to see what there is.

I see the Dog and Bone was finally euthanized. It is now the Thai Euro Bistro...gigglem.gif I think HD is still a plastic stool in front of 7-11 or mom/pop...like the good ole days. Last time I was at HD Market I think I saw 20 good lookers that were less than 20 years younger than me. Good pickens, for sure. One of the few places on the planet, where it is still good hitchhiking, because everyone knows the yellows don't run late, and the TukTuks are rubbish.

OK, I get the idea. smile.png

How about places nearby?

Yeah, drive into town. ;)

That said, there are some karaoke places scattered around.. like on the ring roads, and near the Royal Flora / Night Safari. Those can be reasonably entertaining. (Not a lot of karaoke actually goes on, it's mostly drinking, eating, and flirting with the hostess girls.)

BigC food court rocks!

Ouside BigC next to the car park,

quite an upmarket Jazz bar, but not expensive (hang Dong Road) Good food, Jazz band.

then a Thai rock bar (called Mae Sai) with dirt floors, (121 road) Good food, great Thai rock band.

They are both fun nights out, and if you're single, with a bit of game, you can pick girls up.

Then past Hang Dong, in what used to be the CarreFore supermarket car park (now BigC Extra),

a large country and western style restaurant/bar with live music most nights.

(I assume it's still open, not been in a while)

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I don't think we can have a thread about Hang Dong without mentioning "The Game;" a world class sports bar....with free tea refills, and a kid's menu. Catering to the new upper middle class of Hang Dong's highly sophisticated, soi dog infested, moo baans.

BigC food court rocks!

Ouside BigC next to the car park,

quite an upmarket Jazz bar, but not expensive (hang Dong Road) Good food, Jazz band.

then a Thai rock bar (called Mae Sai) with dirt floors, (121 road) Good food, great Thai rock band.

They are both fun nights out, and if you're single, with a bit of game, you can pick girls up.

Then past Hang Dong, in what used to be the CarreFore supermarket car park (now BigC Extra),

a large country and western style restaurant/bar with live music most nights.

(I assume it's still open, not been in a while)

Thanks for the tips. :)

Is there anything you know about around there with pool?

Edited by Chesterpot

I don't think we can have a thread about Hang Dong without mentioning "The Game;" a world class sports bar....with free tea refills, and a kid's menu. Catering to the new upper middle class of Hang Dong's highly sophisticated, soi dog infested, moo baans.

I found that on Google but seems it closed down in December. Shame because it was supposed to have good pool tables or so I heard.

Yumee Pizza and Papa Rock for music ,both have fb pages.

Pool you may be out of luck.

Pappa Rock has multiple days/nights of the week with bands.....

Yummy has Wednesday nights & the first SunDAY of the month with open stage.....

Yummy is more of a mixed bag - can be pretty good - or just the opposite....

PR seems to have a more polished approach....

Food wise the edge would go to PR for portions with a GREAT hamburger along with good pizza but only one size but tasty - they make their own breads and crusts & friendly owners.....YP - food OK but they can be skimpy on

the pizza ingredients.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Hilarious, that just about sums it up. There is so lack of life there that the residents are known as the lost civilization.

When I lived out that way there were plenty of places to go (I named 3) ....... but talented and young Thai bands.

I guess you guys all want a bar with loads of old white guys drinking in it .... and failed western musicians endlessly trying to play western 70s rock music.

Hilarious, that just about sums it up. There is so lack of life there that the residents are known as the lost civilization.

When I lived out that way there were plenty of places to go (I named 3) ....... but talented and young Thai bands.

I guess you guys all want a bar with loads of old white guys drinking in it .... and failed western musicians endlessly trying to play western 70s rock music.

There used to be what I call a night restaurant not far from the police station with cheap Thai food, beers, a male Thai singer and the traditional coloured fairy lights hanging outside.

10 years ago, went in there one evening with my girlfriend. The male singer was trying to sing the Roy Orbison classic, Crying. Instead of singing crying, crying, crying, over you, he couldn’t pronounce the RRs and sang, clying, clying, clying, over you. It was just like what happened in an episode of Only Falls of Horses I once watched only this was for real. Then I decided to use the men’s room. Failed to see the sharp end of a nail protruding from inside the wooden table, as I stood up the nail caught my trousers and ripped them down from the knee almost down to my ankle.

When we got home after 15 minutes my girlfriend dived into the toilet, she had the s**ts and was throwing up all night. In that restaurant I ordered a chicken dish and my girlfriend had the tam tim fish. I put it down to the fish was off. Needless to say that was the first and last time we went in there.

The Game is long gone, still got the sign saying reopening 25th November. The bar outside the old Carrefour / Big c has gone too. Thai Euro has a pool table, and another bar same road before you get to Ban Wangtan. The Buck Bar just as you get into Sanpatong has music/food/beer. The road from Sanpatong to Bangkat has about half a dozen Thai bars in the first couple of kms, one with a pool table, although not a good 1. I heard there was a farang bar in Sanpatong, but never found it and the place is not that big.

Stretching the definition of Hang dong (a lot).

Long Do on Canal Rd (drinks)

Papa Rocks (music and hearty eats)

Yummy for occasional music

Say Hi Canal Rd for hostess chats (little to no english).

Multiple more royal flora Rd or Down on middle ring towards global house.. 10s of em and kinda fun exploring.

Forget the name but just in front of Big C is 2 or 3 bars worth a drop in.. Occasional music and less occasional coyotees..,

Then lots of Thai beer garden places.. Like out towards Kad Farang other side of the road open air space thats got football on screens and friendly.

Afternoon Beers with a great craft beer selection at the village on the Nong Kwai side of Samoeng Rd. Great spot if you like quality ales.

L'enrome for hoegarden specials and eats.. more foodie but if your with mates..

But yeah.. into town for a night out really.

There used to be what I call a night restaurant not far from the police station with cheap Thai food, beers, a male Thai singer and the traditional coloured fairy lights hanging outside.

10 years ago, went in there one evening with my girlfriend. The male singer was trying to sing the Roy Orbison classic, Crying. Instead of singing crying, crying, crying, over you, he couldn’t pronounce the RRs and sang, clying, clying, clying, over you. It was just like what happened in an episode of Only Falls of Horses I once watched only this was for real. Then I decided to use the men’s room. Failed to see the sharp end of a nail protruding from inside the wooden table, as I stood up the nail caught my trousers and ripped them down from the knee almost down to my ankle.

When we got home after 15 minutes my girlfriend dived into the toilet, she had the s**ts and was throwing up all night. In that restaurant I ordered a chicken dish and my girlfriend had the tam tim fish. I put it down to the fish was off. Needless to say that was the first and last time we went in there.

It would be more newsworthy if they didn't sing "clying, clying, clying."

There's some nightlife in Hang Dong :

https://www.facebook.com/search/104890352880376/places-in/354275401259620/places/intersect

And to find the pool/snooker tables in CM there was a previous thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/625303-decent-pool-tables-any-bars-have-them-in-cm/

It won't be too difficult if you're looking especially for 3/4 tables...

Afternoon Beers with a great craft beer selection at the village on the Nong Kwai side of Samoeng Rd. Great spot if you like quality ales.

Can you give some details of this place, please? Is it called the village???