Heads Up Aussie 309 temp to 100 permanent

Called immi in Aus a few weeks ago as temp visa 309 now going on for 3 years since issue and supposedly was to be re-assessed in 2 years and issue of 100 permanent if all ok.

They said no one answered from the "old" address.

Crazy reply as I've lived at the "second stage address" for 25 years.

Seems they still sent the application or whatever back to Thailand address though mum didn't mention anything about any paperwork.

So, I had to fill out and send in an "update" of current address.

I can imagine the confusion when they receive it and wonder what the *** I'm on about.

THEN I try to start filling out a 100 application online.

After "registering" I start but get to page 4 and hit "next"...... big red line comes up........ Data confirmation error...go back and check spelling and details.

I do this maybe 10 times, even to the point where I hit the caps lock thinking it might be required but no.....

Call immi first day....5 hours waiting but get the answer " you are now number 40 in line".

WOW...... so call again next day.......9:30am on the dot but still I get to be number 40 in line.

This time though I get a chance to get a call-back....excellent..... 1 hour call back turns into 2 but no problem.

Describe the problem...." oh, yes, you need a NEW ID number from that shown on your wife's present visa letter.

We issue a new number when details are transferred from Thailand to Australia" was the reply.

I ask why they didn't just send me an email with that info or give me a call or something.

God knows they have every bit of info from both of us since we took a dump at first day primary school.

But, you guessed it, "yes, what you do is call our office like you just did". ...................................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmclap2.gif

One thing though, they do TRY...........(everyone's b********* patience) smile.png

Edited by bluejets