Prison visit effect on future visa application

blueyeshk

If it is a Thai no reall reason to visit.

If one of your countryment there is not real reason you should not however when you do make sure your immigration status is fine and do not bring items for him other than the approved and a small amount of money.

You're way overthinking, I visited a guy from our village in prision for weed transport. There was about 10 of us visiting. I don't think my name was even written down. We're listed as being in a group, and we waited our turn in visiting room.

Why did I visit? I knew the young guy before prision and he was a solid guy. And I drove the kid's mother to see her son.

Every thai has a relative who has had a brush with the law so in itself it is not a problem.

I do know a friend whose visa was not in order when he visited and did not get to come home. It is important to obey the rules on what to give to.

It`s like having unprotected sex with a girl you`ve just met. Maybe all right but you can not be sure.

I wouldn`t do it, prefer to stay a Universe apart from those people that are problematic and can only cause more problems.

Edited by cyberfarang

I did it as a backpacker. There were even signs up on a noticeboard suggesting who to visit. I ignored that and found a list of inmates online and chose who to visit by myself. Went along with a female backpacker whom I'd just met.

Certainly no issues with visas and such afterwards. Triple entry tourist visas all the way.

It`s like having unprotected sex with a girl you`ve just met. Maybe all right but you can not be sure.

I wouldn`t do it, prefer to stay a Universe apart from those people that are problematic and can only cause more problems.

Don't count out a prison cell, a begging bowl can come as well