PM Prayut says US President Obama understands Thai political situation

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course Obama understands the political situation here....pretty clear he expects elections soon.

It's not "pretty clear" to me what Obama "understands" re. elections. And how would you know?

I think Obama probably "wants" elections soon ... but I don't know what he "expects" them.

Yes as a American who left the USA because my fellow country men voted not once but twice for this moron I can assure the ultra left wing Marxist Communist "understands" the PM. In this case I hope the PM told the anti Christ to <deleted> off. Maybe Thailand can invade the US and liberate everyone so I can return. smile.png

You sound like just the kind of American that most are likely happy left the US. Childish, degenerate highschool comments.

Barack Obama, ASEAN Summit, Rancho Mirage, California…addressing the ridiculous subject of LM without mentioning any specific country:

"Across the region, we’ll continue to stand with citizens and civil society and defend their freedom of speech, of assembly and of the press. No one, including those in political opposition, should ever be detained or imprisoned simply for speaking their mind. That only stymies progress, only makes it harder for countries to truly thrive and prosper."

Echoing the speech given by the US Ambassador to Thailand recently.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2016/02/16/remarks-president-obama-us-asean-press-conference

Edited by tkramer

Yes as a American who left the USA because my fellow country men voted not once but twice for this moron I can assure the ultra left wing Marxist Communist "understands" the PM. In this case I hope the PM told the anti Christ to <deleted> off. Maybe Thailand can invade the US and liberate everyone so I can return. smile.png

You sound like just the kind of American that most are likely happy left the US. Childish, degenerate highschool comments.

Yes I agree, it's pretty clear this guy has absolutely no idea what an ultra left wing marxist communist is, and that's probably due to his poor US education.

I've seen this a lot during my life, the standard of high school education in the USA is abysmal, most of them don't know the difference between Australia and Austria and it's not until they go to college they learn anything about the rest of the world.

Even then it's limited to a US-centric view of other countries, i.e. "with us" or "agin us".

it's a worry.

Except from Obama's speech:

Third, I made it clear that the United States will continue to stand with those across Southeast Asia who are working to advance rule of law, good governance, accountable institutions and the universal human rights of all people. We continue to encourage a return to civilian rule in Thailand. We will sustain our engagement with the people of Myanmar as a new president is selected, and as they work to implement the ceasefire agreement and move forward with national reconciliation.

Across the region, we’ll continue to stand with citizens and civil society and defend their freedom of speech, of assembly and of the press. No one, including those in political opposition, should ever be detained or imprisoned simply for speaking their mind. That only stymies progress, only makes it harder for countries to truly thrive and prosper.

CALIFORNIA, 17 February 2016 (NNT) – The President of the United States has declared before the leaders of ASEAN that the US will continue to encourage Thailand to return to a fully civilian government.

This is a tad sugar coated and does not convey the somewhat reprimanding tone. Also, when Obama greeted the country heads the little general was either not brought onto the set for the customary handshake and photo-op or he was edited out of news footage shown on Fox News.

Edited by arrowsdawdle

Blimey! The way you seem to measure politics I fear you would class Benito Mussolini as a Social Democrat...

Blimey! The way you seem to measure politics I fear you would class Benito Mussolini as a Social Democrat...

Where do you think the fascist party came from? Look it up.

I'm afraid the silence from Obama is only because the problems and illegalities of having a non-elected gov't here is at the very bottom of a very very long list of priorities. Thailand means nothing to the US in scale of what's happening in the world. Thais have to learn that Thailand is only the center of the Universe to Thais.

At least Thailand means more to the U.S. (and Americans) than Malaysia. Of this I assure you 100%.

Obama has done only good things for the U.S. (my country too), and could have done much more without an obstructionist Republican-controlled congress and majority conservative Supreme Court. The President is not a king.

CALIFORNIA, 17 February 2016 (NNT) – The President of the United States has declared before the leaders of ASEAN that the US will continue to encourage Thailand to return to a fully civilian government.

This is a tad sugar coated and does not convey the somewhat reprimanding tone. Also, when Obama greeted the country heads the little general was either not brought onto the set for the customary handshake and photo-op or he was edited out of news footage shown on Fox News.

Screw Fox News. Non-Americans have the notion we have only Fox and CNN. There are also the three major network news slots, ABC, NBC and CBS, plus MSNBC and CNBC. Fox is just for people who are glued to Nascar and Duck Dynasty.

With his superior English language skills, the PM may have misinterpreted a comment that Obama understood what he said.

Thais just can't break the ridiculous habit of reporting what someone else said as if it carried the same weight as the person him/herself saying it. This kind of double-speak means absolutely nothing. In fact, it is worse than nothing.

Yes I agree, it's pretty clear this guy has absolutely no idea what an ultra left wing marxist communist is, and that's probably due to his poor US education.

I've seen this a lot during my life, the standard of high school education in the USA is abysmal, most of them don't know the difference between Australia and Austria and it's not until they go to college they learn anything about the rest of the world.

Even then it's limited to a US-centric view of other countries, i.e. "with us" or "agin us".

it's a worry.

My family in the U.S. lives approximately 4,100 miles from London. What exactly makes you think my father should wake up in the morning and think about your country (that he defended while in military service)? Or where your country is for that matter? We get this from Canadians as well. Nothing against the Canadians, my mother's sister and her family live there and I have a number of great friends there. But what makes you think we need to know anything about you, your problems or where you live? The high school education I received was just fine, although it did not teach me to meddle in other people's affairs, and prepared me for university just fine as well. It seems egotistical, narcissistic and vain to believe that people must be stupid, or ignorant if you prefer, because they don't know much about YOU! You do seem to care a bit too much what Americans think of you, though.

I would argue, simply from the shear amount of positive engagement and cooperation around the world, that the American people care an inordinate amount about the rest of the world. It is a shame that some people from other parts of the world only seem to focus on negatives about Americans. Could there be some kind of subconscious jealousy, or are people from those other parts of the world simply stupid, or ignorant if you prefer? Perhaps it is their high school education? <deleted>?

Sure he understands, since he probably formulated the ground organizational structure and theme for the coup in the first place, all going according to schedule as planned and mapped out long ago, but what he can't understand is why he can or should understand what is not understandable to those who read the newspapers and believe what they are told to understand about what appears to be incomprehensible organized chaos. Who can understand this conundrum of incomparable discrepancies of understanding.

Edited by me313

With his superior English language skills, the PM may have misinterpreted a comment that Obama understood what he said.

Make up needed on the set please for big red smiley face, red hair and striped costume. Free hamburgers.

Unlike 'your fellow countrymen' who voted for a president who set of a never ending war in the Middle East and launched a spurious 'war on terror' which has lead to an unprecedented clamping down on the rights of everyone in every country in world including your own, TWICE bah.gif

it's a worry.

My family in the U.S. lives approximately 4,100 miles from London. What exactly makes you think my father should wake up in the morning and think about your country (that he defended while in military service)? Or where your country is for that matter? We get this from Canadians as well. Nothing against the Canadians, my mother's sister and her family live there and I have a number of great friends there. But what makes you think we need to know anything about you, your problems or where you live? The high school education I received was just fine, although it did not teach me to meddle in other people's affairs, and prepared me for university just fine as well. It seems egotistical, narcissistic and vain to believe that people must be stupid, or ignorant if you prefer, because they don't know much about YOU! You do seem to care a bit too much what Americans think of you, though.

I would argue, simply from the shear amount of positive engagement and cooperation around the world, that the American people care an inordinate amount about the rest of the world. It is a shame that some people from other parts of the world only seem to focus on negatives about Americans. Could there be some kind of subconscious jealousy, or are people from those other parts of the world simply stupid, or ignorant if you prefer? Perhaps it is their high school education? <deleted>?

Wow. Your entire post could have been written by a Thai huh.png

What Obama actually said is...

"We continue to encourage a return to civilian rule in Thailand," Obama said at a press conference at the end of the summit.

"I made it clear that the US will continue to stand with those across Southeast Asia who are working to advance the rule of law, good governance, accountable institutions and the universal human rights of all the people," he said at the press conference.

"Across the region we continue to stand with citizens and civil society to continue defending their freedom of speech and assembly and of the press. No one including those who are in political positions should be ever detained or in prison only for speaking their mind," he said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Obama-urges-return-to-civilian-rule-in-Thailand-30279560.html

Edited by thhMan

You and those who like your drivel post are all probably on an FBI nutter list.