Drowned To Life

GracelessFawn

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but hush....be warned....no alcohol for me :o

not kidding :D i think this thread needs to be closed now :D it could be viewed as alcohol advertising and that would be against the law :D

so those that wanna post here must do so before 3rd December :D that leaves 1.5 weekends (and 5 nights of weekdays) parties to report about :D:D

enjoy ppl.

I agree, it was actually the mention of Spam that set my stomach churning. I can't think of anything worse to eat first thing in the morning with a hangover. Or at any other time for that matter... :o

OK, let's get rid of the Spam.

What about cold pizza?

I love eating cold pizzas first thing in the morning, especially after a night of drinking!

I tend to agree regarding the cold pizza as it is the first thing that you see when you emerge mush headed and bleary-eyed from wherever you have been sleeping (like underneath the kitchen table).

but, there always has to be a story...once while working in the woods outside of Eugene, Oregon (once reputed to have the most pizza restaurants per capita in the US) we got to the landing at first light and there was the usual hacking, coughing and expectoration typical of hard working and hard drinking loggers while pulling on their cork boots and preparing to enter the afray...then the guy in front of the crummy opened his lunch box and extracted a cold slice of 'Shrimp Boat' pizza, thin crust with a 1 inch layer of canned shrimp as the topping...

people tumbled out of the crew bus retching and heaving at the sight and the smell...tough mofos that can handle almost anything, but (being typically and terminally hung over) they couldn't handle that...

unforgettable...

I tend to agree regarding the cold pizza as it is the first thing that you see when you emerge mush headed and bleary-eyed from wherever you have been sleeping (like underneath the kitchen table).

but, there always has to be a story...once while working in the woods outside of Eugene, Oregon (once reputed to have the most pizza restaurants per capita in the US) we got to the landing at first light and there was the usual hacking, coughing and expectoration typical of hard working and hard drinking loggers while pulling on their cork boots and preparing to enter the afray...then the guy in front of the crummy opened his lunch box and extracted a cold slice of 'Shrimp Boat' pizza, thin crust with a 1 inch layer of canned shrimp as the topping...

people tumbled out of the crew bus retching and heaving at the sight and the smell...tough mofos that can handle almost anything, but (being typically and terminally hung over) they couldn't handle that...

unforgettable...

Canned shrimp pizza? I ain't eating it (even if it's cold)! Yuck!

unforgettable...

:o:D

unforgettable...

well, you know...it's what they call 'cocktail shrimp'...like what they make prawn cocktails from in the UK...

all night at the bed (well til 2am) good fun. plus I didnt even get tipsy :D

i hate bangkok these days though....u start out your nights at some nice bars and clubs, but no matter what if u wanna keep partying u gotta choose one or the other sleazy bars after the 2am :o

unless u have a private party somewhere that is :D luv those :D

Been staying home with my fingers stuck in my keyboard lately. (I'm writing something special.)

Ah well, I'll probably shop for a dress on Saturday night for the school's Xmas party. We'll see...... Hmmmmmmmm

MiG,

Sounds like you're having fun ghurl. Keep partying. Cheers!

all night at the bed (well til 2am) good fun. plus I didnt even get tipsy :D

i hate bangkok these days though....u start out your nights at some nice bars and clubs, but no matter what if u wanna keep partying u gotta choose one or the other sleazy bars after the 2am :D

unless u have a private party somewhere that is :D luv those :D

tell me about it.... clubs close so early that by the time i just started having fun--they're turning on the lights and kicking you out... private parties are also cool. we (my ex-roommate and I) used to host a lot of them. It was a lot of fun, just chatting, chilling out with friends and new people, but also had a hard time kicking out people in our flat when we're so dead-beat and drunk :D

anyhow, don't really know where to party these days.. :o

hush and ex-roomy ---next time do a slumber party after the drinking session! that way you wont have to worry about kicking people out hehehe

and fawny..nah not too much party for me. staying home this week....well last night was just dinner, ending with choc fudge brownie and vanilla icecream mmmmmmmmm

maybe i need a chocolate thread :o

hush and ex-roomy ---next time do a slumber party after the drinking session! that way you wont have to worry about kicking people out hehehe

and fawny..nah not too much party for me. staying home this week....well last night was just dinner, ending with choc fudge brownie and vanilla icecream mmmmmmmmm

maybe i need a chocolate thread :o

Go for it MiG.

I think that a chocolate thread will be a hit!

Edited by GracelessFawn

There's a pretty good one on Sukhumvit Soi 8. Or, depending on your budget there's a good but very expensive Indian restaurant in the Face complex on Sukhumvit Soi 38.

I've been to the Face Bar in Soi 38. It's just about 50M walk from where I live. (hehehhehehehe)

I wouldn't go there for a usual meal, but probably go there if I wanna take some friends, or if I am with someone special.

I will try the one in Sukhumvit Soi 8. Thanks.

Graceless, dont u usually ask Dr Cleo for your information? hehehehe

Hello, Grapetable. You are right, I usually ask Dr. Cleo and Dolly for information, but they are occupied today.

Ohhhhh Grapetable. Say it! You are missing me! Kidding. What are your plans for the week-end btw?

*gracelessfawn tiptoes and whispers something to grapetable.

anyone ever try the indian restaurant at the Rembrandt? I had a look at the menu and it looked pricey and the wife and the kids were intent on a food stall anyway (stay at the Rembrandt and insist on food stalls??? the mind boggles)...looked like some nice items on the menu...

anyone ever try the indian restaurant at the Rembrandt? I had a look at the menu and it looked pricey and the wife and the kids were intent on a food stall anyway (stay at the Rembrandt and insist on food stalls??? the mind boggles)...looked like some nice items on the menu...

Thanks for the pointer Tutsi. I'll sure keep Rembrandt in mind, the next time I crave Indian Food.

Today, I went to a Japanese Restuarant with my bestfriend. She and I had a long long long chat about our week at work, then nailed our shopping schedule. (Saturday 5PM)

What are you all up to, especially this week-end?

After work beers very shortly.... tomorrow night maybe Lao and Isaan food + Beer Lao at Vientienne Kitchen on Sukhumvit Soi 36

Have fun dude.

Go to the other Lao Restaurant, in between Sukhumvit 36, lane 1 & 2.

The guy who owns the place is named Pi Charn! They can make really good roast, but you have to order it a day or so earlier.