3bb dsl or TOT fiber

arkom

Moving to a new house next month and trying to decide on ISP, originally planned to sign up for 3BB Fiber as that is what use now.

Unfortunately installers came to install but told me my house was a bit too far from their box, but I can sign up for the VDSL service which is the same speed and price as fiber, but not as reliable.

Other option is TOT Fiber2u which is available. I was stuck using TOT dsl before which was horrible and prefer not to use them again, but have not tried their fiber service yet.

Wondering which would be better.

I've had all of them.

Both 3BB & TOT DSL had their good and bad days, I didn't really find much to choose between the two. I've had TOT fiber2U for over a year now, and it's been solid as a rock...it's almost like not being in Thailand!

Of course this is like tempting the Thai Internet Spirits...I fully expect everything to explode within the next 20 minutes

As above - another satisfied TOT fiber2U customer. Before we had the fibre connection a bit of rain and the whole moo ban would lose the connection. It's been around two years since we had it installed and I've seen cheaper deals with True and others but we're too happy with TOT. Three years ago I would never of said that but their customer service is also excellent in our area.

They gave us the main internet engineer's mobile number in case we lose connection at the weekend. They've come out on a Sunday morning so we can't complain.

Also on ToT fibre since March 2014.

Very satisfied.

Did you state where you live?

I live out in the sticks/upcountry and probably be the only fibre to the home user in the village so far.

So I hesitate to generalize for all over Thailand.

Thanks for the replies, live in Bangkok, Ngamwongwan to be more specific. I have heard both good and bad things with TOT fiber, do they block torrents and stuff? Might give it a try if not stuck in a contract and can cancel without any penalties.

I have had 3BB fiber for about a year now and have mixed enthusiasm. Was excellent in the beginning but not so good in the past several months, particularly from mid-day on, seems like too many users on this branch. Such a service problem was common in my previous TOT AirWiFi. Seems like a "lesser evils" choice for you; I would go for the TOT fiber.

I had True on line DOCIS for the past 3 years but I have found the international connection speeds to be very unpredictable and way below an acceptable level. When I reported the fault they investigated the line and said 'all was as it should be'. I have just changed to 3BB fibre-optic and I must say it is like comparing chalk and cheese. Their basic service level, like for like (30/3) is much faster on the international connections and very reliable too. Its early days but so far I am very happy that I made the change.

Dear arkom, I also reside in the Ngamwongwan area and went onto TOT fibre 14 months ago and have no complaints and use mine also for IPTV streaming. The head technician that installed it also wrote his mobile number on my modem and have contacted him a couple of times when I was having some minor problems and he responded by visiting my house even at the weekend. Also you maybe aware but TOT have their main base located at Ngamwongwan so it does not take them long to respond.

Dear arkom, I also reside in the Ngamwongwan area and went onto TOT fibre 14 months ago and have no complaints and use mine also for IPTV streaming. The head technician that installed it also wrote his mobile number on my modem and have contacted him a couple of times when I was having some minor problems and he responded by visiting my house even at the weekend. Also you maybe aware but TOT have their main base located at Ngamwongwan so it does not take them long to respond.

My current place is also in Ngamwongwan and had used TOT adsl before and always had problems. Yes they are quick to respond but I also had to call them at least 2 times a month, sometimes once a week cause they could never fix issues with speed. I am hesitant to use them again cause I had bad experiences with them.

I am currently using 3BB fiber and don't have any issues, which is why I prefer to use them if possible.

Edited by arkom