Top Ten

TOP 10 Eateries on Ko Samui  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I did let the Chains and Franchises out, because we are all aware of their universal quality of standarization.

Average or not, this I thought to have suggested as well, top, 2nd, 3rd or one star, 2, 3.... give it a go!

For Example:

"Japanese Restaurants"

Hagi ***

Yamamoto**

XXX *

"Thai"

XXX ***

XXX **

XXX*

"Italian"

Prego ***

Laras Dream **

Il Moulino *

"International"

Poppies ***

The Cliff **

Colibri *

Yep, ot a mesage which said, this poll doesn't semm too popular, well get's at least some white noise from the distance.........ahhhh well...

Guess either everyone has a fixed eatery, or there is too little general experience...

Sorry for the person which ever did ask for the "topten" can't really extract that for you by a poll, it seems...

I know where to eat and who's who.

Samuian,

Yamamoto was the Japanese architect of the attack on the US Pacific fleet in Pearl Harbor on 7th December 1941.

The Japanese restaurant in Chaweng is called Yamoto, slightly different.

Steve, that Khao Man Gai restaurant is the one that I mentioned to be infested with flies. Good food but you cant really sit there and enjoy it because of all the flies.

Does anyone had a nice blank map of samui? Like an outline or something?

Or do I need to scan a road map and do a bit of photoshopping?

Steve, that Khao Man Gai restaurant is the one that I mentioned to be infested with flies. Good food but you cant really sit there and enjoy it because of all the flies.

Poor,

Is it possible to download an earth google map?

Poorfarang,

Have eaten there tons of times and never had a problem with the flies there.

Have you eaten there recenty?

I was there twice in the last 10 days and it was fly city. They were all over the place

POOR,

We also had a lot more flies the last few days.With the rain & weather change.In particular last week.

I might start marketing bushman's hats lol,the wide brimmed hats with the corks hanging off them.

Have you eaten there recenty?

I was there twice in the last 10 days and it was fly city. They were all over the place

POOR,

We also had a lot more flies the last few days.With the rain & weather change.In particular last week.

I might start marketing bushman's hats lol,the wide brimmed hats with the corks hanging off them.

Rooo is right, there are always alot of flies after the rain. Any open air restaurant will have this problem, regardless of how clean they are.

Poorfalang............are you still working at that map ??

Hi All,

as a reader has asked for the top ten eateries on samui I started this poll - please help!

May be I cant get it right at first hand, but combining our knowledge we should get something substantial and useful.

The poll I have constructed, is more or less, at random.

But with you adding your choice and vote we may get somewhere.

With your suggestions and help a much better poll can be started!

Maybe the poll has to be divided between "Top Choice" and "Top ten Value for Money" and "best Western/Jap." and "Best Thai"

Thanx for your input!!!!!!!!!

I have not been to Samui for a couple of years, but I always liked the Islander on Chewang is it still there? Issangeorge.

If i like to look at what i am presented at Zico's i go to a bar - if i like to got to eat i'll go to the Restaurant of my choice...and thereof 75% Thai...

What's wrong with the Cliff - any personal grudge? - I guess so!

Well you guess wrong my Friend..

The food is aveage, the price is too high, great view though !!

Hi All,

as a reader has asked for the top ten eateries on samui I started this poll - please help!

May be I cant get it right at first hand, but combining our knowledge we should get something substantial and useful.

The poll I have constructed, is more or less, at random.

But with you adding your choice and vote we may get somewhere.

With your suggestions and help a much better poll can be started!

Maybe the poll has to be divided between "Top Choice" and "Top ten Value for Money" and "best Western/Jap." and "Best Thai"

Thanx for your input!!!!!!!!!

First thing, I think it would be better to survey the locals to get an opinion as to the Top 10 ...

Do you judge on Quality or Price ?? There are quality Restaurants Like Chez Andy, Sibelius, Eat Sense, that spring to mind they didnt appear on your list..Sir Winston Churchill in lamai is far Superior to The Rising Sun, drawing a long bow my friend..Look at your Samui Restaurant Guides to get an idea of the top 10..

First thing, I think it would be better to survey the locals to get an opinion as to the Top 10 ...

Do you judge on Quality or Price ?? There are quality Restaurants Like Chez Andy, Sibelius, Eat Sense, that spring to mind they didnt appear on your list..Sir Winston Churchill in lamai is far Superior to The Rising Sun, drawing a long bow my friend..Look at your Samui Restaurant Guides to get an idea of the top 10..

See, here we come to a point quality/price one *, 2 * or 3* or ****

So "Winston Churchill" will be listed above the The Rising Sun...here we go.mor opinions!!PLEASE

The Samui Dining Guide is right here on my desk - but it's exeptionally advertising and doesn't tell anything really.

And I am very well aware that once the Chef looks for better pay, one good eatery may turn into a bad one.

@Robert Naranja: Personal objections against "The Cliff" I don't and will keep my Opinion about it, as I haven't been disappointed, neither by their Cocktails, Salads or dishes and a great vista comes for no extra charge - that makes it superior to many other places in crowded and noisy Chaweng already.

Well I dont have time for the map idea so if someone else wants to try to throw something together then please do.

Did anybody check out the new "Piri Piri Flaming Chicken" in Tesco next to fuji?

I went there and it was decent. I had a burger and my lady had some chicken breast. The chicken was really tasty. The burger was good but nothing special. I might be going back in a few days to try their steaks. Reports to follow soon!

So "Winston Churchill" will be listed above the The Rising Sun...here we go.mor opinions!!PLEASE

The Samui Dining Guide is right here on my desk - but it's exeptionally advertising and doesn't tell anything really.

And I am very well aware that once the Chef looks for better pay, one good eatery may turn into a bad one.

@Robert Naranja: Personal objections against "The Cliff" I don't and will keep my Opinion about it, as I haven't been disappointed, neither by their Cocktails, Salads or dishes and a great vista comes for no extra charge - that makes it superior to many other places in crowded and noisy Chaweng already.

Well Mr Samuian,, my whole reason to place the post was to get people giving their collective opinions.

I simply ask how do you determine the top 10 did I not??

Then I added I thought Sir Winnie was better than Rising Sun..

Terribly sorry for having such a hide to have an opinion..

Well Mr Samuian,, my whole reason to place the post was to get people giving their collective opinions.

Wrong, for what?

Think I didn't explain myself clearly enough!

It's an Opinion - so I wrote we'll set Wnnie above the Sun..

Thats all...

The Spa is crap too! (Sorry) but if I have to listen to all the obese women around being on a "cleansing" and their colon irrigation and so on... I simply feel to speed off this place!

Wrong, for what?

Think I didn't explain myself clearly enough!

It's an Opinion - so I wrote we'll set Wnnie above the Sun..

Thats all...

The Spa is crap too! (Sorry) but if I have to listen to all the obese women around being on a "cleansing" and their colon irrigation and so on... I simply feel to speed off this place!

Samuian..Point taken I didnt want to get into a slagging match either..I often wonder How to judge something like this, because How can you compare a Chinese Restaurant with a Mexican Restaurant?? That was the Point I was trying to make in other words almost an impossible task..

Sorry if you took offense..

That told you smart arse didn't it ??? :D

& please learn how to use the English language a little better if you're trying to be clever !! :o

Good point, but I only said the food was good and reasonably priced.

& please learn how to use the English language a little better if you're trying to be clever !! :o

Sorry, for my bad command of the english language, my italian or german you probably wouldn't understand at all!

Your command of this particular language might be a tad bit better, but expressing your frustration or anger with words like *arse* doesn't put you on the verbal, orthographical or grammar winners list either, does it?

Not to mention being far off topic, Sir!

---------------------------------------------<

back to topic:

Yes this is the problem I mentioned before, we could work on a list like foreign eateries, and make a star list *** for Quality, $$$ for price and +++ for ambience, say from one, up to four or five that is the reason why I started the poll in the first place.

Specific categories like maybe italian, indian, thai yes but mexican, french? there too few, I think that could all be taken itno "international" and just added: (french)!

Any comments?

& please learn how to use the English language a little better if you're trying to be clever !! :D

Sorry, for my bad command of the english language, my italian or german you probably wouldn't understand at all!

Your command of this particular language might be a tad bit better, but expressing your frustration or anger with words like *arse* doesn't put you on the verbal, orthographical or grammar winners list either, does it?

Not to mention being far off topic, Sir!

---------------------------------------------<

back to topic:

Yes this is the problem I mentioned before, we could work on a list like foreign eateries, and make a star list *** for Quality, $$$ for price and +++ for ambience, say from one, up to four or five that is the reason why I started the poll in the first place.

Specific categories like maybe italian, indian, thai yes but mexican, french? there too few, I think that could all be taken itno "international" and just added: (french)!

Any comments?

Yes now that works for me, I think you've hit the nail on the head, great idea.. :o