Current Fast track immigration options?

Hi,

I have never tried Fast track immigration at BKK airport going out, except when on biz class tkt, but this time my agent will only provide economy.

* Therefore what are my options (if any?) to buy a fast track immigration coupon to bypass any long immigration queues?

Are these available, are they sold at airport, online or how many services provide this if any?

I haven't flown out of BKK in a couple of years, but worried about long queues..? I guess the queues are long?

Appreciate any feedback thx

I did both over the past year. My experience is that on the way out it's generally ok. On the way in it can be hit or miss. Several times on business class it was just as quick to go to the normal desks At other times the queue was fairly long, down the sloping ramp etc, at those times it was good to have the business class option.

It really all depends on your arrival time and how many planes have landed 5 to 10 minutes before yours'.

Try google meet and greet bangkok airport and see what pops up.smile.png

All business class passengers are allowed to use Fast track immigration service? I've been traveling in business class for years but no one told me that info.

Do you not get handed a fast track voucher by the stewardess ? I have on B.A., Eva, Emirates, KLM...always fast track for years now.

If I fly economy I get excellent service from:

http://www.limousine.in.th

about 2k baht for golf cart to the fast track lane from plane. Was 100 meters once which was funny , but usually a really long walk from docking gate.

All business class passengers are allowed to use Fast track immigration service? I've been traveling in business class for years but no one told me that info.

Do you not get handed a fast track voucher by the stewardess ? I have on B.A., Eva, Emirates, KLM...always fast track for years now.

about 2k baht for golf cart to the fast track lane from plane. Was 100 meters once which was funny , but usually a really long walk from docking gate.

I flew by Thai Airways. No I was not given that voucher.

Over 70 can go through a fast track gate

Also if thai wife can go through the thai national check gate

That over 70 can go through fast track is very interesting. Have you done it? Can you point us to the link where that is found? I'll be 70 soon!

• Like 2

Over 70 can go through a fast track gate

Also if thai wife can go through the thai national check gate

That over 70 can go through fast track is very interesting. Have you done it? Can you point us to the link where that is found? I'll be 70 soon!

Don't know if my life style will get me to that point. blink.png

Business class passengers get many perks. You need to educate yourself on them. Fast track around the world is only one of many.

• Like 1

I have difficulty standing for too long so now I use a walking stick. The first time I went to the airport using it, I was directed to use the fast track and sailed through.

After the flight as I was getting off the plane, I found they had requested a wheelchair for me and was taken by an airport guy all the way through the fast track right up to the taxi rank.

Now when I check in I go straight up to the airline help desk just beside the actual check in counter for that airline and request "wheelchair assistance" They take my bags and papers etc and check me in as "priority" so no need to wait in any line.

The wheelchair arrives with it's driver and off we go, whizzing past everyone. When it's time to board the guy comes back to take me right up to the aircraft door before others are allowed to board.

Now my need for this free service is genuine whilst some others might just abuse it, but who's to know.

In many airports around the world you can now see at immigration a dedicated line for VIPs, pregnant women or with young children and OAPs. You don't need a wheelchair, just a walking stick.

Get to the Airport early then u havnt got to worry about worrying.

Thanks for all the ideas guys, just what I needed.

So as I've said been over 2 years since I flew out of BKK airport, are the queues acceptable or absolutely ridiculous these days?

If latter I will surely pay the fast track booking fee.

Just a quick add on, don't leave your boarding card on the plane, they ask for it when you head for the fast track.

edit for spelling, too many GT's biggrin.png

I have never been asked for my boarding pass at Fast Track. Not even once after countless numbers of flights over the years. I normally fly business class and not all airlines (including TG) hand out Fast Track passes, but I just pass through Fast Track anyway.

Just a quick add on, don't leave your boarding card on the plane, they ask for it when you head for the fast track.

edit for spelling, too many GT's biggrin.png

I have never been asked for my boarding pass at Fast Track. Not even once after countless numbers of flights over the years. I normally fly business class and not all airlines (including TG) hand out Fast Track passes, but I just pass through Fast Track anyway.

Only twice for me to be asked but on really busy days, queue all the way down the ramp and a few people had tried to join the fast track, they were turned back when the female Imm' officer started asking for and checking boarding passes.

Go here: https://www.bangkokflightservices.com/

I have dealt with them for years. Excellent service.

Get out of bed early. Go directly to the airport, go through immigration, and sit down have a great breakfast for less 3000 bt, read newspaper. over and out.

The web site says 1680THB+vat for departure and lounge service, so that seems a lot less than 3000 and possibly a good deal perhaps?

I could just go to airport early and queue for ages, but I'd rather pay extra as I hate long queues. My definition of a long queue is anything over 15 minutes - or queues backing out of the immigration area into check in areas! Ideally 2 minutes waits like Singapore airport is what I prefer.

* So my question is still out there, for anyone been out lately and kind enough to help, are queues reasonable or absolutely ridiculous warranting payment for an additional service of this kind?

I've noticed that not all airlines always hand out the fast track vouchers all the time. It seems to do be down to erratic Thai working practices rather than anything else. When I wasnt given a fast track voucher on my last flight I just used the fast track lane anyway, armed with my boarding pass. In LHR, access through fast track security is by boarding pass colour anyway: there is no voucher.

Occasionally when regular immigration is busy at BKK they sometimes redirect economy class travellers to fast track.

I've noticed that not all airlines always hand out the fast track vouchers all the time. It seems to do be down to erratic Thai working practices rather than anything else. When I wasnt given a fast track voucher on my last flight I just used the fast track lane anyway, armed with my boarding pass. In LHR, access through fast track security is by boarding pass colour anyway: there is no voucher.

Occasionally when regular immigration is busy at BKK they sometimes redirect economy class travellers to fast track.

They may do that in the main immigration hall, but they do not redirect to the separate Fast Track area located in the middle of the terminal. That one is almost always uncrowded; however you may have to dodge the mainland Chinese crowd at the visa on arrival area next to it as they arrive at the brilliant conclusion that they can easily save time by rushing Fast Track en masse.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/4/2017 at 2:01 PM, up-country_sinclair said:

How about those travelling with someone over 70?

I think no problems, if not a big group, and if the impression is that the older person is in need of assistance. Were ushered together without being asked anything. Same thing if one of the party is in a wheelchair etc.

On 2/20/2016 at 5:37 PM, prestburypark said:

I just spent three weeks in the UK and having read about the long queues recently I didn't want to take any chances on the flight back with two kids with me.  I used www.limousine.in.th for the first time.  I have to say the service was excellent; although our plane had trouble parking in the bay due to some issue with the electronic guidance system and we were towed out again and in to a new bay, the representative was there at the new gate before we were, waiting with the golf carts.  It could have gone wrong at that point but they were on top of it.  Straight through immigration, they collected our bags from the carousel then walked us out straight to a waiting, spotless, Outlander which was driven very professionally and courteously to my house.  It just so happened we could see there were absolutely no queues at the normal immigration line but hey ho.  I'll definitely use those guys again next time I travel with the family and I happily recommend them.  

19 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I just spent three weeks in the UK and having read about the long queues recently I didn't want to take any chances on the flight back with two kids with me.  I used www.limousine.in.th for the first time.  I have to say the service was excellent; although our plane had trouble parking in the bay due to some issue with the electronic guidance system and we were towed out again and in to a new bay, the representative was there at the new gate before we were, waiting with the golf carts.  It could have gone wrong at that point but they were on top of it.  Straight through immigration, they collected our bags from the carousel then walked us out straight to a waiting, spotless, Outlander which was driven very professionally and courteously to my house.  It just so happened we could see there were absolutely no queues at the normal immigration line but hey ho.  I'll definitely use those guys again next time I travel with the family and I happily recommend them.  

Good info. Good thread.