My girlfriend ran away with our daugther, im legal father

Vermor

I m living in phuket for 6 years.

I had a baby with a thai women. We have been to the court to legalise my rigths as father in Thailand. That was a year ago, now we are separated for 3 weeks.

She made a complain to the police station that i didn take care of my daughter (2 years old). We had a mediation : she was asking for 20000thb/month.

I asked to have the guards of the child 3 days per week, to send her to international school (at my cost) and to pay for the bills of my daugther (only).

She refused all three topics, then she ran away before signing the report of the mediation. Officially, on the paper, she was not there... but i have recorded the unofficial mediation.

The following day, she ran away to bangkok according to her family in Phuket. I tried to call her, phone is open but no answer...i had report this to the police station.

What are my options ?

Please help me.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know where her father lives ( in bangkok)

And i know where she have land in Petchabum. But i dont have any adress.

I would like to go by myself but i fear of the family as even the grand mother in phuket was aggressif to me when i wanted to take my child. she hit me with a stick on the head,while i was holding my daugther, i have a report from the hospital, but i didn t make a complain at the police station.

i feel for you mate , i sincerely hope you get your kid back, some of these thai woman can be evil wicked b************s. no thoughts for children in most cases as i too have found out they leave their kids with anyone who is close to hand.

good luck

Do not listen to any idiot that tell you will never see her again.

It all depends on the lengths you are willing to go to, to get her back.

It might just be about money, and if you agree to pay 20k a month you will get access, this figure is probably negotiable.

By the sounds of it she is only after a payday and you could probably negotiate an amount for full custody.

Her actions show she doesn't have the child's best interests at heart.

You can also go to court to get an order granting access.

She is obviously willing to fight dirty, you might also have to resort to underhand tactics.

I personally would do whatever I had to, to get my daughter back and I would never give up.

By the way, i don tthink that she want to run away with the chikd as her mother and her 1st daugther are still in phuket. But i wondering wha kind of legal action she can do in bangkok and mot in phuket : change my daugther s name ? Change adress ? Applying to the court in bangkok ?.....

It might just be about money, and if you agree to pay 20k a month you will get access, this figure is probably negotiable.

By the sounds of it she is only after a payday and you could probably negotiate an amount for full custody.

She is obviously willing to fight dirty, you might also have to resort to underhand tactics.

I personally would do whatever I had to, to get my daughter back and I would never give up.

100% agree with you. I wont give up.

But i dont want to pay for the whole family only to have the rigths to visit my daugther...she might also move to an other place after 1 or 2 years or less.

Try as hard as you can, but sorry to say you have seen the last of your daughter.

Thai family will hide her from you, and lie to your face that they are unaware of her whereabouts.

Seen the last of his daughter? He has full legal rights here. You may be prepared to make pronouncements like that from that bed of yours, but I certainly would not give up on finding my child, though it appears that you are at peace with the idea.

If he can find her the court can intervene, and people always run to where they know, especially with a child.. Say what you want about the thai legal system, but they have demonstrated on many occasions that they do what is in best interests of the child, be it the OP or the mother.

Telling a man to give up hope on his daughter is certainly iappropriate as a throw away remark as you while away the day.

Edited by HooHaa

if i were in your shoes i would start to play dirty, now look at it this way, if she is away from you now she gets nothing and its a hassle for her ( maybe ) to leave the kid with family as she will need to pay her family to take care, if you agree to look after and take the kid and give her 8000 a month i think maybe she will bite . if me i would play the long game, be sweet and dont be confrontational .

and again if me , only saying, i would have my kid straight on a plane with me. i couldnt imagine losing my daughter or thinking where she could be in some back street with some drug fuelled extended family member. could not bear thinking about it.

I missread this. It seems your mediation was with the police.

Wrong place.

Family court is the venue and they are generally pretty fair here.

I suggest applying for full custody and in court negotiat what you want.

Edited by harrry

Get word to her family that you'll agree on the money. Over time smooth things as best you can putting out sweeteners here and there. When it's all settled down organise a 'short' holiday back to your country asking the female in question you'd like to take your daughter back to visit your parents -- she'll have to sign consent to travel form, if not believe you can get court order. Lastly, don't come back.

Get word to her family that you'll agree on the money. Over time smooth things as best you can putting out sweeteners here and there. When it's all settled down organise a 'short' holiday back to your country asking the female in question you'd like to take your daughter back to visit your parents -- she'll have to sign consent to travel form, if not believe you can get court order. Lastly, don't come back.

Very bad advice..

Underr the Haugue convertion he woulld have to send the child back to Thailand at his cost (and pay the governments costs) and take action it Thailand, the country the child was resident in before the abduction.

Yeah as others say.

Family court, go first before she does and get a lawyer appointed by the court. If they willing to take your case that is. At least she will received a letter from court so she will know you willing to fight for your daughter. As for 20K a month dont go that way! No need to spent that much. She is the one that did a runner and not you.....

I dont want that my daugther dont have her mother anymore. I dont even request the full custody. She needs her mom...but she need her father as well.

I dont want to go back to my home country, i ve settle my life here and my daugther is Thaie. I only ask for good education, and i m quite sure that the court will agree that its better in the interest of the child to go to an international school.

I believe that the legal way is the best, or problems will come back later for sure...

I missread this. It seems your mediation was with the police.

Wrong place.

Family court is the venue and they are generally pretty fair here.

I suggest applying for full custody and in court negotiat what you want.

The mediation was at the public prosecution office. Not in the police station.

Yeah as others say.

Family court, go first before she does and get a lawyer appointed by the court. If they willing to take your case that is. At least she will received a letter from court so she will know you willing to fight for your daughter. As for 20K a month dont go that way! No need to spent that much. She is the one that did a runner and not you.....

Follow this advice..get your own lawyer if need be, but do this and do it immediately.

Its your child. I would suggest if the family want to take your child away from you take something away from them.

Why did you let the granny hit you on the head, you should have taken the stick and hit her back with it.

To onto others as they do on to you.

Whatever happens hope you get reunited with your child, cant think of anything worse, all the best.

Offer the family 1 million baht for full custody of your daughter and make them sign the documents with a lawyer. She wants cash and nothing else.

Go to the police immediately and negotiate a price to get your daughter back. At the right price you'll get her back in less than a week. Then get a lawyer and do a proper mediation. For the sake of the child work out an arrangement where both parents are regularly involved in her life.

Its your child. I would suggest if the family want to take your child away from you take something away from them.

Why did you let the granny hit you on the head, you should have taken the stick and hit her back with it.

To onto others as they do on to you.

Whatever happens hope you get reunited with your child, cant think of anything worse, all the best.

It s not so simple.

She hit me from behind, i didn t see it coming, and i had my child in my arms.

Fortunately, i didn t fall....i ve put my child on the side, that she couldn t see how i answered to the granny...

Then i took back my daugther, but the mom was calling the police for kidnapping... i was little bit scared at this time so i left without the child....

I didn t have the legal paper with me, and i didn t know really my rigths at this time. Too bad...