Saturday: Jomtien beach Swamped with Police, Army and Officials...

sharecropper

I just drove down Jomtien beach and was surprised at the number of police, army and officials walking along the whole length of it. At first I thought it must be some holiday weekend 'raid' to make sure vendors, jet skis and beach operators were keeping their noses clean.

I have never seen such a massive operation down there, however. And then I realised this may have more to do with making tourists feel safe following the recent IS threat warning. If it is, then not only are they taking it very seriously (contrary to the usual idiotic pronouncements downplaying the risks by Bangkok bigwigs), but they may have even more specific information than they're letting on to.

To find that many police on a Saturday morning to actually do their jobs and then make them walk around in the sun, must take some doing.

Edited by sharecropper

I was there between 1130-1230hrs (sois 5-about 9) and saw many police officers and other officials. I even had a bit of a chat with police but neither of us understood each other, it was just exchanging pleasantries and gestures. One thing I did notice, was that all the police officers had "railway police???" emblazoned on their uniform shoulders.

I was there between 1130-1230hrs (sois 5-about 9) and saw many police officers and other officials. I even had a bit of a chat with police but neither of us understood each other, it was just exchanging pleasantries and gestures. One thing I did notice, was that all the police officers had "railway police???" emblazoned on their uniform shoulders.

Maybe, there after that very dangerous Mc D gang.

was told they are heading for the town this weekend. wai2.gif

post-188880-0-28193400-1455963958_thumb.

A thai superstar is staying in a hotel in soi wat boon came on thursday leaves tomorrow .i got stopped yesterday

They were doing some filming yesterday on Soi Wat Boon just at 2nd rd.

All is quiet now on beach road as far as police but busy with people. smile.png

they were planners of the proposed Jomtien High Speed Rail Link.

Just like with most things, they first put on a show and 24 hours later go back to normal.

Today was IS threat so security increased, nothing happens and tomorrow back to not a single cop in sight.

You got nothing to worry about----- if as you say it was an IS day,probably means a bit of confusion and thought IS was for "Increase Security"cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I hope they took note on how filthy the prom looks !!! Disgusting, and when are they going to Finnish it ?

It seems that the Finnish are lying low now after K. Noy hit Mr. Jouko Juhani Salminen in the head with her high heeled shoe outside a beer bar on Soi 8. Perhaps they will return in due course to add some elements in the Jugendstil style, "characterised by flowing lines and the incorporation of nationalistic-mythyological symbols - especially those taken from the national epic, Kalevala." I hope so. Patience advised.

Edited by JSixpack