Nok Air cancels flights Tuesday

rooster59

Nok Air cancels flights Tuesday

86-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: Nok Air today announced the cancellation of 20 flights on Tuesday February 23, and instructed passengers to contact its call centre 1318 for more information.

No reason was given for the cancellations of the domestic flights, but the airline apologised for the inconvenience caused to its passengers.

Affected flights include Don Mueang to Hat Yai, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Surat Thani, Trang, Phitsanulok, Chiang Rai, Udon Thani, Ubon Ratchathani, Sakhon Nakhon, and Khon Kaen.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/151743

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-20

I went to book for the whole family last year with Nok Air to Chang Mai. 8 people in total. Did the booking on the website and when it came to the payment stage it wouldnt process. Repeated calls to the centre who said I maybe doing something incorrect. So I tried again and nothing. Final call confirmed there was an error on the website and could I try again tomorrow. I didnt and never will again.

Edited by bim

I fly Nok often, never a problem. It will be a shame if they fold.

Ditto here....many flights without a problem. From what I have read, a few of the pilots are not happy about stricter rules so call in "sick", have to wonder if other airlines are also raising their safety standards to meet the international rules or ignoring them to avoid problems with their pilots ? Those other airlines are the ones I would avoid.

I have a flight to Trang on Thursday, so I am a little bit worried and have just been looking up train timetables.....just in case.

Edited by Mickmick

I fly Nok often, never a problem. It will be a shame if they fold.

I guess they have no issues then on account of your single example. Not sure why the regulators even care. Did you tell the regulators that you think everything is fine? Might save everyone a bunch of trouble

Surely, given their past history and recent history they should have learned to disclose some 'why', rather than just look unprofessional.

As already said, seems to be doubts about the capabilities of the senior management.

Well, when senior management (VP of operations, I think it was) says attending a photo shoot was more important than attending a government meeting over it's pilots strike, I think that pretty much sums up Nok Air's professionalism.

Surely, given their past history and recent history they should have learned to disclose some 'why', rather than just look unprofessional.

As already said, seems to be doubts about the capabilities of the senior management.

Well, when senior management (VP of operations, I think it was) says attending a photo shoot was more important than attending a government meeting over it's pilots strike, I think that pretty much sums up Nok Air's professionalism.

He's the CEO.

He's the CEO.

LOL, that's even worse.

There seems to be some internal conflict inside Nok Air. There is often more than one powerful clique inside state enterprises (partially or wholly government owned limited companies). This has not yet been fully brought out into the open.

The Thailand economy is in trouble, and Nok Air is feeling it.

This is the reality of a lot of places in the world.

The world economy is shaky right now, and tourism is being

affected by the poor shape many countries are in.

In Canada we have a Prime Minister who wants to legalize

some soft drugs, then we can get high and smoke our weed

and not worry about such silly matters. woo hoo.

Sunny ways every one. Enjoy those sunny days.

Just got off the phone to Nok's call centre, and with some reluctance they admitted that it is not just flights on the 23 that are cancelled but for rest of week....although they have not publicly announced that yet. My flight DD 7406 was missing from their schedule for the rest of the week, as were a few other flights that I checked. So anybody booked for flights later in the week should check the schedule on the nokair website.

Managed to change to an early flight though but now I will have a three hour wait at Trang for my connection to the Lipe ferry ....

Remind me to never fly Nok Air.

Am I allowed to say this mods?

They were great for many years. Never problem. The last two weeks , two of my staff have problems. Cancelled flights. Cost me money, lost business. Never use them again. Now Air Asia.