Officer injured as Necklace Thief shoots at Police during chase around Pattaya

rooster59

Officer injured as Necklace Thief shoots at Police during chase around Pattaya

post-247607-0-49421200-1456016740_thumb.

PATTAYA: On Saturday afternoon a Police Officer was injured as he fell off his motorbike as he chased an armed necklace thief who shot at him as he made his escape.

The incident began in the Nongkam area where Police were notified of the armed theft of a 20,000 Baht gold necklace. The suspect was known to have escaped to Pattaya and in conjunction with Banglamung Police, the chase continued through the streets of the City.

The suspects Yamaha Sumo X Motorbike was seen and officers gave chase, knowing the suspect was armed. He was first spotted close to the Banglamung School where he shot at chasing officers, forcing one of them to fall from his bike onto the road, causing him minor injuries.

The chase continued to Highway 7 in East Pattaya, and after a temporary loss of the suspect’s motorbike, it was found abandoned in the Nong Pla Lai area and seconds later the suspect, Khun Gittisak aged 33, was found hiding in a wooden shack.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221674/officer-injured-as-necklace-thief-shoots-at-police-during-chase-around-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-21

It's a dangerous precedent where petty thieves are using fire arms in the commission of a necklace

snatching, paving the ways to go from there to full on gun fights...

I just hope that the culprit will be dealt with accordingly to set a deterrents to others would be gun users...

Chonburi Jail for him. It is damn dopey to snatch a 1 baht chain, so many of the small chains are fake, but having a shoot-out over it as well, double Dopey. I wonder how many times he fell down the steps getting to his cell ?

Thieves setting a dangerous precedent!

Chain snatching is something that's been going on now for years. As Thais have been getting more affluent they are wearing more gold, real 96% gold. 30 years ago a majority of Thais wore only cheaper red gold, they could not afford yellow gold, so chain snatching seemed to be rare.

I get annoyed when my wife wears her larger chain in an inappropriate situation. I keep telling her that she will get me stabbed one day. If a snatch-thief tears at her chain it wont break, she will be dragged to the ground and in that instant I'll have to defend her. And me being of a slightly volatile nature probably will come out worst off.

It's a pity when Taksin came to power he really clamped down on petty theft, threw most of them in jail with a substantial boot up the rear end, but all the do-goodies said "too rough". And of course following PMs (including Mr. Pretty Boy) did nothing and chain-snatching returned.

Chonburi Jail for him. It is damn dopey to snatch a 1 baht chain, so many of the small chains are fake, but having a shoot-out over it as well, double Dopey. I wonder how many times he fell down the steps getting to his cell ?

Having been the victim of one of these cu**s I for one would gladly put my hand on his back and give a hefty shove.

I had a chain snatched from my neck while riding my motorcycle on Pattaya Tai road last year. My Thai wife was on the back of my motorcycle. Fortunately the chain snapped clean off my neck. Had it not snapped I would have been pulled off a moving motorcycle in very heavy traffic and both myself and my wife would have been run over by one of the tour buses or cars that are bumper-to-bumper on that road. So we could easily have been killed or very seriously injured.

I'm no fan of sharia law but I would love to see the low-life Thai scum, who ride around snatching chains, get dealt with sharia style.

Attempted murder under a fair judicial system I doubt that charge would stick.

But "recklessly discharging a fire arm without thought for the safety of others" IMHO that should be on the statute books and carry the same penalty as attempted murder, and easier to prove.

Not enough times. Trouble is the sentence he will get is nothing and will not stop idiots like this doing the same again

its getting scary to read about so many people in Thailand that have guns and prepared to use them for the slightest reason

just this morning on BBC world Rico Hizon was interviewing some expert from Australia regarding the comparison of the crime trend from gun ownership in USA to that in the Philippines and Thailand. Those are the only two countries they discussed in Southeast Asia.

I was a bit surprised actually because I would have thought Cambodia also had similar problems and yet they didn't mention that.

what was interesting is that the Australian expert acknowledged there were some existing gun ownership laws in Thailand but the problem for Thailand in his opinion was the lack of enforcement of these gun control laws!

does this sound familiar? like the similar lack of enforcement of traffic regulation laws?rolleyes.gif

Edited by Asiantravel