Need Religion Forum

Jamin123

Religion is very important aspect of some people life. Even those who have no religion tend to seek out religion in times of despair. Although many choose religion as a platform to discuss, debate and ague, others claimed to find true comfort and peace in troubling times. Given that loneliness and difficulties are normal to tourists and expatriates, some may want to inquire in the religion forum. Therefore, I'm voting for a Christianity Community Forum please.

There is quite a lot of instant anger towards anything Christian on this forum. There would have to be some anti bash rules in place like they have in the ladies and gay forum.

And towards Islam and and and.

If you are not interested in this topic why even bother to post?

Seems to me those that are already bashing this thread "protesteth too much" I wonder why.

Puyai

Has it not occurred to you yet, I am very much surprised, especially you being a long term member, that there is no such thing as democracy within Thailand, that includes this forum.

Its not a members club owd lad its a business

Edited by n210mp

There is quite a lot of instant anger towards anything Christian on this forum. There would have to be some anti bash rules in place like they have in the ladies and gay forum.

While I see no need for a Christianity forum, I think it fair to say that Christians are generally not so thin-skinned and narrow-minded as to require protection in an open discussion.

It seems like a reasonable request but I don't understand why the OP teased with a headline about religion forum, when she really meant CHRISTIANITY forum.

There is already a Buddhism forum here, and yes, Virginia, Buddhism is a religion.

This is an expat forum and I reckon the majority of expats who read and post to this forum are some flavor of Christian including non-practicing "cultural" Christians.

So, why not indeed?

I really don't think there are many people who would strongly object to a Christianity forum here. So perhaps the only issue is whether the admins of this website think that its fits OK on the site and that it will attract enough interest to justify it's existence.

There there is the slippery slope possible objection.

Thailand is mostly Buddhist so that makes sense here.

Expats posting here are mostly Christian.

But add Christian and then perhaps Scientologists will be clamoring for their own sub-forum.

Where will it end!

Edited by Jingthing

While I see no need for a Christianity forum, I think it fair to say that Christians are generally not so thin-skinned and narrow-minded as to require protection in an open discussion.

Couldn't help yourself, innit.

Perhaps the OP views Christianity and religion as one in the same.

Hard to know her motivation but I consider it misleading.

I'm guessing the motivation was want of a Christian forum.

Reading between the lines, I smell an evangelical subtext.

Which suggests another issue.

Suppose this forum gets started and there are topics from missionaries trying to convert Thais.

Expect friction there ... well deserved friction.

Edited by Jingthing

Perhaps the OP views Christianity and religion as one in the same.

Hard to know her motivation but I consider it misleading.
I'm guessing the motivation was want of a Christian forum.

Reading between the lines, I smell an evangelical subtext.

Which suggests another issue.

Suppose this forum gets started and there are topics from missionaries trying to convert Thais.

Expect friction there ... well deserved friction.

Indeed. I agree any attempt to convert people to Christianity needs to be crushed.

We're just talking here, but this suggests such a Christianity forum is likely to become a high maintenance forum in terms of potential conflict. So from the management POV, that would likely be part of the decision. Is it worth it?

I'm not advocating a Christianity forum, not in any way a topic that interests me, but to say the title is misleading, or that the OPs intent is not clear might be a stretch.

That said, I agree the haters on here would render it useless to anyone that did have an interest.

Haters and trolls can ruin any discussion. That's why the moderation on the forums I mentioned is more aggressive. I am assuming that this would be a similar case.

Not really sure a Christianity forum is Thailand related. Would imagine there are numerous online sites catering to that.

From this sites perspective would imagine it could be challenging to mod. Is the desire for such site about someone's desire to discuss religion to a go converting.

You're not really sure a "Christens in Thailand" forum would be Thailand related?

Any number of reasons to be anti-Christian, but to disallow a forum as not Thai related I think is weak.

If they (the evil Christians) went about trying to convert Thais, would that not be Thai related?

Religious beliefs of all shades and brands have always been and will carry on being the greatest barrier to world peace since time began.

Brand A god washes you whiter than any other brand of god.

My god, its and my religion loves you all, however if you don't follow the teachings of my god and its beliefs I will kill you!!

If you have belief in imaginary friends and talk to them best keep it private then no one will become a martyr or be offended in any other way.

Best course of action to take like politics is treat the whole issue as you would a rabid dog.

Ever tried to get rid of a J,W ? Harder that removing babies latest accident from his or hers crib blanket

Me? I'm voting NO.