6 killed in a road accident in Pathum Thani

rooster59

6 killed in a road accident in Pathum Thani

2102001-wpcf_728x409.jpg

PATHUM THANI: Six people were killed, including two drivers, and two others were injured in a road accident involving three cars on Pathum Thani-Bangbuathong road in Pathum Thani’s Muang district Saturday night.

Both drivers of a Toyota pick-up truck and a Ford Escape SUV, identified as Sompong Khunsong and 22-year old Patchara Paisri, a university student, died at the scene of the fatal accident at kilometer marker 11 of the road.

Mr Chainarong Rodseesen, the driver of the third car, a Toyota Vios, told police that there were three people, including himself, in his car which was following the pick-up truck.

Upon arriving at the scene of the accident, a car which was later identified as a Ford Escape jumped the road island from the opposite lane and crashed into the truck, turned one side up and slid to hit his car injuring his daughter and another passenger.

Besides the two dead drivers, four passengers in the pick-up truck whose identities were not known were all crushed to death.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/151758

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-21

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected... coffee1.gif

I'm writing 4 articles for next week now already as I have some time today:

- 3 Killed in Buriram pickup accident

- 11 Injured in bus crash in Tak

- 4 People burnt alive in horrible minivan crash near Rayong

- 2 Kids catapulted out of pickup truck die in hospital

Driving anywhere on anything in ''Thailand'' is a nightmare...

Well, up here in the rural areas of Phichit & P'Lok provinces, I must disagree. Driving here is a pleasure, no traffic jams, no road racers and generally courteous drivers. So no nightmares for me. I am sure some others in less populated areas will agree.

Sorry you can't paint all of Thailand with one large brush. Judging by the sheer scale of the destruction of those vehicles, I believe there was certainly excessive speeds involved.

It is certainly different in the more civilized parts like Bangkok & environs,, Pattaya, Hua Hin etc.

Only coz they can't go fast enough in these civilized parts! Too much traffic

Well, they were in Pathum Thani, some may call that area uncivilized. Whatever, thy were certainly going fast enough to completely wipe out. And there's plenty of traffic in PT.

Well, up here in the rural areas of Phichit & P'Lok provinces, I must disagree. Driving here is a pleasure, no traffic jams, no road racers and generally courteous drivers. So no nightmares for me. I am sure some others in less populated areas will agree.

Sorry you can't paint all of Thailand with one large brush. Judging by the sheer scale of the destruction of those vehicles, I believe there was certainly excessive speeds involved.

It is certainly different in the more civilized parts like Bangkok & environs,, Pattaya, Hua Hin etc.

I've seen many bad crashes in P.Lok, highway 12 is one of the most dangerous roads in the country. A bit better now it has been widened.

Basic skills of going around a corner looking at camber's on the road, Looking ahead , and using the mirror"s which funnily enough are attached to most cars and trucks as well buses, some even have extra mirror's 20 each side i have seen , it is a shame the locals only use them for grooming.

We had a truck last week have to reverse around 28m , i wondered if the driver had any skills to show me and alas i was not impressed , door flew open and just about twisted his body out of the cab to see where he was going,

Judging distance is impossible and as so many have spoken about so many times, speed in inadequate hands is a mixture for disaster. Carnage will not cease unless a strong commitment by the government to educate and re train licence holders, and put in place a program for younger drivers to have the training prior to getting a licence, But all this will be a complete sham if the police are not there to be proactive,

I know i just wasted my time, on this post, Another waste R I P,

No road racers and courteous drivers? I find that very difficult to believe

I believe the Ford Escape SUV driver drove too fast and lost control at the curve, eventually jumping over into the opposite traffic. As a result a fatal accident occurred with 6 people dead. 1 in Ford and 5 in the pick up. The Vios that was following the pick up escaped from being killed.

post-56692-0-31415000-1456066744_thumb.p

Edited by Thunder26

My wife says she wants a car in Khon Kaen. I point out she does not have a license. Both she and her friend laugh and say, "no problem!".

Hehe. No license, no car. I am such a killjoy.

buy her an oxcart and ask her friend to play the ox. falang-style of "no problem!"

oh and please film it and upload on some naughty site... i'm such a perv giggle.gif

Se the usual gools are out taking photos, I wounder if they will show their grandchildren, In years to come.. look kids this is one i took many years ago, Sick people, you get them every where sooner than help they take photos with their camera phones. .

Sack the transport minister, and the police general traffic control.!

I agree with you. Something has to be done. There are so many <deleted> on the road that it is unacceptable. It is not a rare occasion to see bad drivers, but it is a daily occurrence. I drive about 40-60 minutes a day on average and I see about 5 inadequate drivers everyday that put in danger the lives of others driving like <deleted>. Police does nothing about it to stop these idiots behind the wheel. I wish they could do something.

I think of installing a dash cam and then report the bad drivers to the police. I'm so sick and tired of them.

All this talk about deaths on roads is repetive and sad for the victims.. They have the laws already but as of everything a failure to act on them is the problem.. Once again it's down to education and mentality which sadly is lacking. It's plainly obvious that if people were first taught the rules of the road and then secondly they were enforced by the BiB then we would be looking at a big decrease in injuries and fatalities . As a footnote there's upwards of 230.000 officers in the Thai police...I wonder how many of those have a licence!!?? My guess is many many less than 50% . And tax and insurance is another story !

Edited by Nigeone

Its the dark energy in Thailand that is making drivers mad...How come Thailand has higher accident rate per capita than even India which has worse roads and bad drivers?

By Logic ...Thai's should be involved in accidents all over the world, but surprisingly when Thais go abroad, they have no accident rate like back home, even if they drive in India. Even farangs drive badly in Thailand...how do you explain that?

The elites know this and that's why Thailand has become the largest car manufacturing hub in South East Asia.

DO NOT DRIVE IN THAILAND....Science and Logic will not help you....At the end of the day, the problem is spiritual

The most dangerous place to drive or even just walk is Phuket where the natives drivers are not only uncivilised but also stupid and nothing is done by the autorities to reduce excessive speed. And with a situation like this, they expect to attrack higher class tourists. Good luck...