Westener (and Thai spouse) death in Koolpunt 8

mamborobert

Perhaps best moved to the news forum.

CM108 are reporting a murder/self defence killing and suicide involving a married westener and Thai wife in Koolpunt 8 after lunch today..

http://www.cm108.com/bbb/topic/7117-%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%88%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%B9%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88-2%E0%B8%A3/

As if not tragic enough, there appears to be a child now left parentless.

RIP to those departed and pray things turn out ok eventually for the child.

Very sad. I knew the couple reasonably well.

Messy divorce, with all the usual drama and allegations.

Both kind of hot-headed people, but I liked both of them.

Very sad for their son, who doesn't know yet. He's about 8 years old I think. Not many family around on the mother's side and none live in Chiang Mai.

I just seen the picture .... very tragic and very sad way to end it all. And the poor son who doesn't know yet ..... I can't even begin to think what he will feel ... he's going to need heaps of love and attention ..

RIP .... absolutely tragic.

Though I note the wife was named it is probably best that no other is named at this point.

I thiknk quite a few will know him as Winnie has pointed out,

Given that this is recent it is quite possible that family overseas are unaware and may not have been contacted by BIB or consular staff given weekend and time difference,

It is a bad enough tragedy as it is without a family member or aquaintance accidentally stumbling actoss a TV post with the reference to the deceased. Also a reminder that when/if a nmae is mentioned in the news to perhaps be somewhat discerning in what is posted here that family may come across in the future.......it is posted forever.

Though I note the wife was named it is probably best that no other is named at this point.

I thiknk quite a few will know him as Winnie has pointed out,

Given that this is recent it is quite possible that family overseas are unaware and may not have been contacted by BIB or consular staff given weekend and time difference,

It is a bad enough tragedy as it is without a family member or aquaintance accidentally stumbling actoss a TV post with the reference to the deceased. Also a reminder that when/if a nmae is mentioned in the news to perhaps be somewhat discerning in what is posted here that family may come across in the future.......it is posted forever.

Yes.. although I'm not sure that line of thought still applies in this day and age: 10 minutes ago someone posted a link to an article on his Facebook page, graphic picture and everything. Safe to assume his family knows and it does't require embassy or BiB.

BiB weren't even overly eager to go locate their son, which is probably just as well.

Archived