Mystery Money Rains Down Over Siam Square One

webfact

Mystery Money Rains Down Over Siam Square
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14561211151456121140l.jpg
20 baht banknotes rain down Sunday evening from the Siam Square One shopping mall in Bangkok. Photo : @padpaddpaddy / Twitter

BANGKOK — Mystery money poured down on passers-by at Siam Square last night, and soon after someone took credit online for the ethically challenging bounty.

Dozens of 20 baht banknotes appeared to be thrown from an upper floor of the Siam Square One shopping mall Sunday evening, according to the Twitter user @padpaddpaddy. Enclosed with the note was a small piece of paper with a “schwa” alien logo and name of a Facebook page called “Risk Invisible Hands.”

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456121115

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-22

Can't be Mr. T otherwise they'd be 1,000 baht notes dropped from helicopters all over Issan just before election day (when they don't sell booze so folks won't forget who paid them to vote).

Edited by jaywalker

I've seen Japanese and Koreans throw 5 times as many 20 Baht notes at the gogo bas on walking street in one hit.

Once a Jap bloke threw a whole wad but the furl of notes didn't unfurl themselves and the whole bunch landed in my lap across the dance floor. Probably 50 notes. I had great fun dispensing them to the girls - Jap bloke looking very inscrutable across the room. blink.png

Can't be Mr. T otherwise they'd be 1,000 baht notes dropped from helicopters all over Issan just before election day (when they don't sell booze so folks won't forget who paid them to vote).

Yawn.

Beats bullets raining down from army snipers.coffee1.gif

I've seen Japanese and Koreans throw 5 times as many 20 Baht notes at the gogo bas on walking street in one hit.

Once a Jap bloke threw a whole wad but the furl of notes didn't unfurl themselves and the whole bunch landed in my lap across the dance floor. Probably 50 notes. I had great fun dispensing them to the girls - Jap bloke looking very inscrutable across the room. blink.png

Jap?

That's a rather racist and offensive term.

Forget the 1,000 baht notes we are in a deflationary trend at the moment. What does 20 bahts buy you anymore anyways?

Edited by elgordo38

Perhaps a brown envelope had burst open by someone shopping there..............?

Do they still put such a low denomination in a brown envelope anymore? 20 bahts would not buy you much saving Grace anymore. Well after saving Grace I must make Mary sorry Merry

Edited by elgordo38

Forget the 1,000 baht notes we are in a deflationary trend at the moment. What does 20 bahts buy you anymore anyways?

Still get a quick lunch from the girl on the m/bike/s/car when she comes past cheesy.gifgigglem.gif

Jap?

Is it?

is 'brit' also racist and offensive?

Jap?

Is it?

No brit is not racist....just offensive clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Jap?

Is it?

No brit is not racist....just offensive clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

British is a nationality, not a race.

A Kiwi guy calling a Japanese guy a Jap. Why am I not surprised? Kiwis are one of the most racist, culturally insensitive people on the planet. NZ is a backwater sh*thole in the middle of nowhere.

A Kiwi guy calling a Japanese guy a Jap. Why am I not surprised? Kiwis are one of the most racist, culturally insensitive people on the planet. NZ is a backwater sh*thole in the middle of nowhere.

True, very true but mean! We are supposed to ignore the racism in the "shaky isles"! smile.pngwink.pngwai.gif

Jap?

Is it?

Or yank, pommie, ozzy, kiwi, yarpie etc

Good article from wikipedia. Highly offensive to Japanese Americans particularly. True story in the 1980s I heard an older Scottish lecturer (who spent most of his life in England) use the term in an academic setting in the USA. He later issued an apology. He had no idea it would cause offence.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

Edited by arunsakda

Race is an ill-defined term.

Japanese is also a nationality.

Regardless, you found offence in an abbreviation. I don't see it coffee1.gif

It is not an abbreviation it is a slur. "Brits" don't have memories of their parents and grandparents telling them how although most were US citizens their own government rounded them up and sent them to concentration camps with newspapers calling them yellow hordes and people using "dirty jap" to label them as subhuman.

The racist hysteria suffered by Japanese American is almost incomprehensible looking back. German Americans were not sent to camps even though there were huge pro-Nazi

rallies, The Bund, and various noted personalities like Lindbergh/Ford as sympathizers.

Edited by arunsakda

Race is an ill-defined term.

Japanese is also a nationality.

Regardless, you found offence in an abbreviation. I don't see it coffee1.gif

It is not an abbreviation it is a slur. "Brits" don't have memories of their parents and grandparents telling them how although most were US citizens their own government rounded them up and sent them to concentration camps with newspapers calling them yellow hordes and people using "dirty jap" to label them as subhuman.

The racist hysteria suffered by Japanese American is almost incomprehensible looking back. German Americans were not sent to camps even though there were huge pro-Nazi

rallies, The Bund, and various noted personalities like Lindbergh/Ford as sympathizers.

Ok, point taken.

Maybe ignorance and age on my part, I never connected it as being a slur.

wai2.gif