Clearing overstay @ Surat Thani Airport

Has anyone had experience with clearing overstay @ Surat Thani Airport, prior to International Flight?

Can it be done @ Surat Thani Airport?

If so does anyone know what the operation hours are?

How soon before the International Flight, should one show up to clear an overstay @ Surat Thani Airport?

I've read when people have tried to clear an overstay @ Samui Airport, they were transferred to Nathon Immigration for processing,

but I haven't read how the procedure went, and can imagine it was a huge delay for the processing.

Any impute would be very useful to a friend of mind who is trying to clear up his overstay,

and fly out of Surat Thani for an International flight.

I thank you for your time,

and any assistance anyone can provide.

Also any experiences dealing with Surat Thani Immigration @ the Airport would be very helpful,

I think.

Cheers

I bumped into a guy I knew at the airport when I was flying back to the UK. He was on 5 1/2 years overstay and worried. He asked if I would go through immigration with him. The immigration staff were very polite and professional and even gave the guy some advice on which visa to get to come straight back which is what he did.It took no longer than 15 minutes in all. Even I was impressed. Don't worry too much and don't believe the doomsayers on TV thumbsup.gif

Oh and you are a very bad man for overstaying wink.png

Was that at Surat Thani airport?

A similar situation is of an OP in another thread. He is flying from phuket. In any event, to avoid dealing with ST he could just book two separate tickets. One to bkk domestic, then upon arrival bkk go international and at immigration he will move into the little office and pay his overstay then hop on plane. Do it soon. Don't get nabbed beforehand.

I bumped into a guy I knew at the airport when I was flying back to the UK. He was on 5 1/2 years overstay and worried. He asked if I would go through immigration with him. The immigration staff were very polite and professional and even gave the guy some advice on which visa to get to come straight back which is what he did.It took no longer than 15 minutes in all. Even I was impressed. Don't worry too much and don't believe the doomsayers on TV thumbsup.gif

What you state is correct. I'm just wondering if the same flippant approach will apply after March 20. If there are folk out there who have been living under a rock and not up to date with approaching new rules.....'..I hope for their own sake they clear up their overstay. A long ban will be a bitter pill especially for those with ties here.

• Like 1

I'm assuming this was @ Surat Thani Airport,

which you bumped into this guy...?

If so, I thank you for sharing your experience,

and the details you've been so kind to include.

I shall pass along your reply to my associate,

as he has been very concerned about this.

He had thought he'd booked a domestic flight from Surat Thani,

and would be connecting to his International flight in Bangkok,

but apparently that's not exactly accurate,

as the initial flight is scheduled from Surat Thani to be continuing outside of Thailand.

Can you also kindly inform me when it was that you happened to witness this exchange between

the guy with the overstay, and the Immigration @ Surat Thani Airport?

As it would be interesting to know if this was recently or not.

To all the overstayers wanting to clear up their issue,

I can only hope this helps to encourage others to sort things out before things get much more serious within Thailand,

concerning this type of matter.

Cheers and safe travels.

The Emigration at Suratthani airport are ok and you just pay the fine and continue on to your flight

The same for Samui you do not get sent to Naton,A friend of mine recently passed through Samui Airport to KL and no problems,

But do it before they enforce the new law in march

• Like 1