Hollywood Disco

johng

At about 9.30 this evening I heard sirens...at first I thought nothing of it..but there where more and more ,so went out to investigate what had happened.

Well Hollywood disco went up in flames for the second time in as many years !!!! :o

this time looked worse than last time,but probably no one was hurt as the fire was on the outside of the building and it had only just opened...

post-2109-1161618475_thumb.jpg

post-2109-1161618495_thumb.jpg

post-2109-1161618515_thumb.jpg

Hey.........its quiet.......money has to come from somewhere.........the boss has a 35m baht house to pay for very close to yours truly. :o

If you stay here long enough everything is corrupt..... :D

(Did i just say that?) :D

Edited by thaiflyer1

Some news, but only in thai now:

ไฟไหม้ “HOLLYWOOD” ผับดังกลางเมืองพัทยา แฉประวัติซ้ำรอยเดิม

ป้ายด้านหน้าและซุ้มประตูทางเข้าทำด้วยฉนวนโฟมแข็งที่ตกแต่งลักษณะทางเข้าถ้ำพิศวง เปลวเพลิงลุกอย่างรุนแรง ในขณะนั้นเป็นเวลาซึ่งพนักงานเตรียมตัวทำงานกว่า 50 ชีวิต ต่างวิ่งหนีตายกันอลหม่านออกมาภายนอก

50 people hurt or dead ??? I dont understand thai, but i think dead... :o

Edited by mffun

50 employes where getting ready to start work...but had to run for their lives ,no reported injuries.

Estimated damage of 1.5 million baht,electrical fire..same as last time. :o

Ok, thanks...,

and very goood if nobody hurt...

ป้ายด้านหน้าและซุ้มประตูทางเข้าทำด้วยฉนวนโฟมแข็งที่ตกแต่งลักษณะทางเข้าถ้ำพิศวง เปลวเพลิงลุกอย่างรุนแรง ในขณะนั้นเป็นเวลาซึ่งพนักงานเตรียมตัวทำงานกว่า 50 ชีวิต ต่างวิ่งหนีตายกันอลหม่านออกมาภายนอก

Took a look at the link and the GF said 50 dead. If true very sad and very unnecessary.

Took a look at the link and the GF said 50 dead. If true very sad and very unnecessary.

You are right, sorry!

Now in english:

Fire broke out at “Hollywood Pub” in Pattaya City a history repeating itself

The frightening incident occurred around 21.00 p.m. on October 23rd , the fire start to break out and burnt the sign in front and the entrance archway which were made from insulated foams. The entrance was decorated like a cave; the strong flame spread very quickly the 50 staff of the pub who were getting prepared to work, rushed outside escaping death.

NO deaths .....

I heard today that that location was slotted for new condos. <Usually reliable source ... magazine owner>

I'll truly miss Hollywood if that is true ... was a great place where any group of friends can go!