Any problems with online 90 day reporting?

Done four successful online reports for Khon Kaen office.

First with IE then with Firefox plus IETab.

The security warning has been discussed and some members decide to stay away.

I don't as the risk that some "man in the middle" forges this site is really minimal.

There are a few offices who refuse to implement/use the system.

And some users biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

You have to use Explorer browser.

Makes no difference what you you. The system don't work,

It does work for many people using other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox with the IE tab extension installed.

It works to the point of being able enter the info on the first page and clicking submit but that is the end of it for me because I have no record in the system because of a very old entry to the country. In addition to the old entry I also have gotten a new passport since then and that will also prevent a person from doing it until they do an entry with the new passport.

Numerous attempts on Mac and Android to no avail.

However, today found an laptop from my Windows era (Windows Internet Explorer 8 ) and with that the registration tool worked perfectly.
Five minutes and done.
Now waiting for the confirmation email later this week and I'll be all set.

Edited by KKr
  • Like 2

As promised, I played with IE Tab2 and found an easy way to launch websites in an IE Tab automatically.

How to configure IE Tab 2 on Firefox

FFox Tools>

IE Tab 2 Options

It opens a sites filter drop down box

Near the bottom in the URL box paste https://extranet.immigration.go.th/*

Then click Add, OK (The asterisk is important, it is a wild card)

Then any time you open any website beginning with https://extranet.immigration.go.th/

it will automatically open in an IE Tab.

The downside to this is that you may forget how you did it and on a subsequent upgrade or new computer, it may not work until you remember this setup.

You will notice that by default, they have already added a couple of URL's fo allow any windows update site to open in an IE Tab.

If you want other sites to always open in an IE Tab, just add the URL with the Asterisk.

Edited by laislica

You have to use Explorer browser.

Makes no difference what you you. The system don't work,

It does work for many people using other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox with the IE tab extension installed.

It works to the point of being able enter the info on the first page and clicking submit but that is the end of it for me because I have no record in the system because of a very old entry to the country. In addition to the old entry I also have gotten a new passport since then and that will also prevent a person from doing it until they do an entry with the new passport.

Same for me Joe and that is why the system is flawed.

I will have to pay out over 3,000 Baht to do a border run to make it work. Nuts.

• Like 1

I have not setup any filters on IE tab under Chrome. I clicked on bookmark on IE tab when I had site upen and it set up a IE tab folder on my book marks bar. All I do now is click on the folder and the site I want to open.

I had difficulty to launch a website into an IE Tab.

I seemed only able to do it if I highlighted a hyperlink in some other document, then right click allowed me to open the link in an IE Tab.

Once a wild card link is set up, the browser will always open websites that meet the wild carded requirements in an IE Tab.

The great thing for me is that my browser now has a "filter" that forces the browser to open my Spanish bank account in an IE Tab automatically so I don't have to think about it any more.

Until the next OS major upgrade or change computer.

The other aspects of the Immigration website such as one can only use the website if ......

are beyond the questions that I originally asked. but since they have been raised,

I agree it seems daft that one can only use the same address.

The same passport No.

That if you make a small mistake the system bans you.....

Also, why do they need up to 7 days to respond?

Surely it would not be hard for a script to check what's on their database against the online submission?

If their script found that your PP No. was different an automatic email could be sent advising one what to do

- I'm thinking that extensions and or re-entry permits need to be transferred for a start so a trip to Imm would be inevitable?

Why not make the system really simple?

Register to use a secure Thai Gov Gateway and be issued with a personal ID and set you own complex password.

A form pops up with the details their Db has on you.

You tick boxes to confirm their data or the need to change some like a permanent address.

They update their Db as necessary and issue the 90 day report confirmation.

Since they have the validity of your PP in their Db, they can email 6 months or so before expiry

and advise you to get a new PP.

When your new PP arrives, sign in again and make the update to their Db and make an appointment

with them to transfer stuff from the old PP to the new.

The same Db and Gateway could also do the Where you stay on arrival in Thailand too.

As with all software development, it needs 80% of the project time/cost to be spent on the development of the Specification

then the job is done only once, in the remaining 20%.

I would dare to suggest that there are many TVF members who could form a group so that there would

be a body of programming knowledge coupled with the requirements knowledge to produce a specification.

If not the software as well!

The site could easily be multilingual, covering the usual European languages / Russian / Thai.....

During registration in your Profile, simply select the language you wish to work with.

You can always change it later if necessary....

A little project to keep the minds of some experts active whilst contributing to the society they live in?

As promised, I played with IE Tab2 and found an easy way to launch websites in an IE Tab automatically.

How to configure IE Tab 2 on Firefox

FFox Tools>

IE Tab 2 Options

It opens a sites filter drop down box

Near the bottom in the URL box paste https://extranet.immigration.go.th/*

Then click Add, OK (The asterisk is important, it is a wild card)

Then any time you open any website beginning with https://extranet.immigration.go.th/

it will automatically open in an IE Tab.

The downside to this is that you may forget how you did it and on a subsequent upgrade or new computer, it may not work until you remember this setup.

You will notice that by default, they have already added a couple of URL's fo allow any windows update site to open in an IE Tab.

If you want other sites to always open in an IE Tab, just add the URL with the Asterisk.

• 1 year later...