Any problems with online 90 day reporting?

Hi.

Windows 10 and their Edge browser or Firefox with the IE Tab extension both work the same.

1) A Google search gives me:

IMMIGRATION BUREAU Thailand - การแจ้งที่พักอาศัย

extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

You've visited this page 3 times. Last visit: 23/02/16

No website opens.

2) go to:

https://extranet.imm...7/TM47Action.do

It says: Your connection is not secure

The owner of extranet.immigration.go.th has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…

extranet.immigration.go.th uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

3)

Open https://extranet.imm...7/TM47Action.do

as per the statement on TVF

The page opens but onlu accepts a few characters befpre it stops.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by laislica
  • Like 1

Edge will not work unless you use Internet explorer that you can select on the setting menu on Edge, IE tab should work on Firefox without a problem.

Just entered all the info using IE tab on Chrome without a problem just to see if I could get past the first page. But it was no surprise when I got the contact your local office message that I get every time because of my old entry.

• Like 1

You did an edit while I was writing my post.

Used this one (saved as IE tab bookmark) that bypasses the terms and conditions page. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

The security warning has been discussed dozens of time on the forum. Have a look from July of last year when they changed to a https site onward on the pinned topic.

That's the one I'm using.

However, I can type in a few characters and then there is a lot of internet activity whick prevents further input.

I have to wait ages before it will accept another character.

I had to make a security exception to allow FF to connect to the site.

Last year, when the service started, I could enter data normally.

Could the problem be my 3BB internet?

Lately I have been unable to connect to my bank in Spain.

I checked with the bank by phone, the account is not blocked.

Yesterday the service was unusually slow.

What is happening to you is the same thing you get under when using Edge (not IE) or Chrome and Firefox without IE tab.

How are you starting IE tab. Try clicking the IE tab Icon and pasting in the link in the IE Tab address window. Example follows.

post-66997-0-91077400-1455426948_thumb.j
Edit: You should not get the security warning from Firefox. This what I see when using IE tab.
post-66997-0-56039400-1456199708_thumb.j

Thanks everyone.

I started edge and asked it to behave like ie 11.

Then opened

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Then everything worked fine with only one small glitch.

The arrival card number is AO12345

I entered A012345

I got the: talk to Immigration popup.

I changed the zero to Capital O and it was accepted and I could fill in the remaining details.

Note to self:
Must play with IE Tab until I understand it!

Thanks everyone.

Edit.

Then I used the IE 11 to connect to my bank - it did.

The connection with FFox failed.

So I learned something today - thanks

Edited by laislica
  • Like 1

I mentioned this problem to Immigration in Lopburi in January. They are aware of the problem but seems to be in no hurry to solve the problem. Big surprise ???

What problem are you writing about?

It works if you use IE or an extensions or agent switcher for other browsers to emulate IE. It is not a problem that they are going to be able to fix anytime soon.

Agent switcher on non-IE browsers often only "report themselves" as IE, nothing more. The problem is a tad deeper than that - it's SNAFU programming. As soon as you type in the first (not 4th or 5th) character in an input field, the script "calls home" to its server (just like Google Search does, except the Google guys do it right, asynchronously...). They use a synchronous call, i.e. the script running in your browser freezes until it gets a response from the server. Typing ahead screws things up no end and reduces any browser (all except IE, for reasons I can't explain) to a crawl or crash. The whole thing is a masterpiece of how-not-to-do-it.

• Like 2

What about Safari for Apple , does it work ? also another question, my wife was told by immigration in Jomtien four weeks ago that we could report visitors in your house online, the same way as Hotels are reporting there guests , anyone know about this?

Never yet been able to use it. Get to the verification code at the bottom. Enter it and the green tick comes up but press submit and all I get is "you must enter the verification code".

I dont bother with it now. It doesnt really work and it appears they dont have the people to sort the problem out

What about Safari for Apple , does it work ? also another question, my wife was told by immigration in Jomtien four weeks ago that we could report visitors in your house online, the same way as Hotels are reporting there guests , anyone know about this?

You can do it on Safari by using the agent switcher for IE you can get by enabling the development menu.

You have to be registered to do the online reporting for guests to get a username and password.

Agent switcher on non-IE browsers often only "report themselves" as IE, nothing more. The problem is a tad deeper than that - it's SNAFU programming. As soon as you type in the first (not 4th or 5th) character in an input field, the script "calls home" to its server (just like Google Search does, except the Google guys do it right, asynchronously...). They use a synchronous call, i.e. the script running in your browser freezes until it gets a response from the server. Typing ahead screws things up no end and reduces any browser (all except IE, for reasons I can't explain) to a crawl or crash. The whole thing is a masterpiece of how-not-to-do-it.

No problem using IE tab on Chrome for me. Took less than a minute to enter all the required info on the first page this morning. The auto form complete worked good.

The problem you mentioned started when they went to a a secured site (https). The security warning kept coming up also. Had the problem until I installed IE tab.

I mentioned this problem to Immigration in Lopburi in January. They are aware of the problem but seems to be in no hurry to solve the problem. Big surprise ???

It works if you use IE or an extensions or agent switcher for other browsers to emulate IE. It is not a problem that they are going to be able to fix anytime soon.

Let's face it the site is junk, try clicking on the different language tabs at the top right? Is it working for you? It certainly isn't for me neither in Chrome I.E or Edge or Explorer Win 10, it doesn't work with the emulators in Chrome for IE6/7/8/9/10 it is a piece of junk probably written on a virus riddled pirated copy of windows 98 or XP at the best.

I can fill in all of the entries, using any variation of browser listed above depending how long I am prepared to wait, up to an hour with some variants, and when I get to the submit button (with a green VERIFIED) it come up with rubbish about checking with the local office then just jumps back to the original form.

This is a government office in the year 2016! and they cannot even write a simple page of code compatible with a modern browser!

Typical Thai website, 10 years out of date, never maintained, never updated and full of flaws. They have lost the plot.

Go to virtually any Thai website and try and get things like Contact details, addresses, updates, 90% of the time you will fail, and it will probably have been written on a Sinclair Spectrum or an Acorn. Pathetic. (You could however go the other extreme and access the British Government Website for Passport information......you might find yourself in the next Ice Age before you actually find the page you are looking for). For the 90 Days...use the bloody post office, it saves the headache.

Edited by menzies233
  • Like 1

Let's face it the site is junk, try clicking on the different language tabs at the top right? Is it working for you? It certainly isn't for me neither in Chrome I.E or Edge or Explorer Win 10, it doesn't work with the emulators in Chrome for IE6/7/8/9/10 it is a piece of junk probably written on a virus riddled pirated copy of windows 98 or XP at the best.

I can fill in all of the entries, using any variation of browser listed above depending how long I am prepared to wait, up to an hour with some variants, and when I get to the submit button (with a green VERIFIED) it come up with rubbish about checking with the local office then just jumps back to the original form.

This is a government office in the year 2016! and they cannot even write a simple page of code compatible with a modern browser!

Typical Thai website, 10 years out of date, never maintained, never updated and full of flaws. They have lost the plot.

Go to virtually any Thai website and try and get things like Contact details, addresses, updates, 90% of the time you will fail, and it will probably have been written on a Sinclair Spectrum or an Acorn. Pathetic.

Interestingly I have proven, by completing (successfully) on line reports for 3 friends, who swore the site was "rubbish", that it was their own lack of computer competence which led directly to failure.

Edit

spelling !

Edited by sunnyjim5
  • Like 2

My lack of understanding IE Tab was the problem.

I removed it because it told me that it was the wrong one for Windows 10,

and installed IE Tab 2 (FF 3.6+) (I lost the IE Tab button and gained right click options.)

(Under FFox Menu Bar > Tools I can see IE Tab 2 Options but I didn't use them)

Previously I had not learned anything about IE Tab, I wrongly thought that just having it installed was enough....

Silly me!

The correct procedure is to:-

1) highlight the correct link to the Immigration site

which is :- https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

2) Right Click and choose "Open in IE Tab"

FFox opened the correct website and everything worked correctly.

I did the same procedure and correctly opened and entered my Ref No.

the website correctly said Pending as I expected.

Yes for sure the website could be better but it isn't.

However, with the correct use of a suitable IE Tab, it worked fine.

Those like me who didn't understand this can install a suitable IE Emulator/Switcher/IE Tab

Then learn how to "Launch" a web site into a new IE Tab, then it should work OK.

If I care to learn more, I read that I can set a Filter with wild cards, then IE Tab will always launch the "Filtered" websites in an IE compatible tab.

The IE Tab 2 Settings can be used to choose the particular IE version emulation

and lots more.

As Joe said, when correctly used, it works instantly.

I am grateful that at my advanced age, I can still get my head round these vexing computer problems - with the help or friends on TVF of course.

Maybe someone can pin a proper or best or easiest solution to a VISA 90 day FAQ?

This thread seems to be done now?

Thanks everyone

PS

IE Tab has issues with other extensions like TabMix Plus so I installed the IE Tab version as described - it is pre-release but worked for me.

Edited by laislica

Go to virtually any Thai website and try and get things like Contact details, addresses, updates, 90% of the time you will fail, and it will probably have been written on a Sinclair Spectrum or an Acorn. Pathetic.

Interestingly I have proven, by completing (successfully) on line reports for 3 friends, who swore the site was "rubbish", that it was their own lack of computer competence which led directly to failure.

Edit

spelling !

Not me. The online reporting does not work for many and is a shambles.

You have to use Explorer browser. Go back to the website through the new Edge browser on windows 10, then when loaded, in the upper right hand corner of the browser window click on the (I think) the settings tab. Look down and it will have an option "open in explorer" or (something like that) click on it and you will have no problem.

Edited by aronp1

You have to use Explorer browser.

Makes no difference what you you. The system don't work.

It does work and within the next few days I will be making my fifth consecutive on-line report. I expect a successful outcome as in the previous four.

There is no question about the fact that the system does not work for some------------those whose last entry to the Kingdom was a long time ago or those who have got new passports for example.

• Like 1

I asked at the Ayutthaya office about online reporting and the guy laughed and told me no chance. He then told my wife that it's broken and that they don't have a programmer to fix it, nor do they have either the inclination or the resources to get one.

I asked at the Ayutthaya office about online reporting and the guy laughed and told me no chance. He then told my wife that it's broken and that they don't have a programmer to fix it, nor do they have either the inclination or the resources to get one.

There are a few offices who refuse to implement/use the system.