GMMZ CTH Box Problems

fletchsmile

Turned on my TV to watch the Stadium channels recently. Can't watch. It says:

"This Channel is Top Up Service of GMMZ PAY TV Call now 02 841 8888"

I think it's maybe something to do with that CTH/GMMZ debacle where CTH have stopped allowing GMMZ to show EPL.

I bought a 90 day package from GMMZ at start of Jan and

We thought we bought a combined CTH/GMMZ box.

Have tried calling the number several times and been on hold for 30mins each time before giving up.

Anyone else had this problem and solved it? Some people have told me CTH/GMMZ called them proactively before the changes. For those not lucky enough for that, how do you get anything done?

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

There are several threads open on this subject - GMMZ ceased all pay TV service on 6th of the month and there box can not be used for any pay channels now - but they have added a number of free to air channels and C-band now has 194 stations.

Those that had remaining time on paid service have option to receive refund (in 60 days) or a new CTH tuner (KU band antenna required) and a subscription to CTH of same value.

Thanks. I had a look thru the first couple of pages on here but it seemed mainly on who would get next year's EPL. Do you have a link to any of the threads you mentioned?

What I'm struggling with is how to actually contact someone who can actually do something, eg phone number that will actually answer, email that will reply, website I can visit and register with etc

Cheers

Fletch :)

C-band are the lower frequency transponders on satellites that require the larger (often black mesh) type screen (about 1.5m or larger in Bangkok area). Advantage is less rain fade (picture stays good better) and more available free channels.

Ku are the higher frequency transponders that are normally received on solid dish of less than one meter (down to about .35 meter). Much easier to install antenna in condo and such but has reception issues during heavy clouds and rain (and in Thailand there is a lot of that).

Most satellite receivers cover both bands - but most antenna systems are one or the other.

The issue at hand is that CTH only broadcasts there pay services on Ku band so many who had service from them previously no longer have the option to receive on C-band rebroadcasts by GMM or PSI transponders.

C-band are the lower frequency transponders on satellites that require the larger (often black mesh) type screen (about 1.5m or larger in Bangkok area). Advantage is less rain fade (picture stays good better) and more available free channels.

Ku are the higher frequency transponders that are normally received on solid dish of less than one meter (down to about .35 meter). Much easier to install antenna in condo and such but has reception issues during heavy clouds and rain (and in Thailand there is a lot of that).

Most satellite receivers cover both bands - but most antenna systems are one or the other.

The issue at hand is that CTH only broadcasts there pay services on Ku band so many who had service from them previously no longer have the option to receive on C-band rebroadcasts by GMM or PSI transponders.

Ok for those of us who dim with age....currently have the mesh antenna for the GMMZ, but now going over to the CTH box, am being told we have to get rid of the large mesh antenna and replace it with the much smaller solid dish..... is this correct?

Ok for those of us who dim with age....currently have the mesh antenna for the GMMZ, but now going over to the CTH box, am being told we have to get rid of the large mesh antenna and replace it with the much smaller solid dish..... is this correct?

yes correct ron.smaller dish picking up ku.band.

Thanks for explaining the technical side of things. As someone mentioned, I've no idea about that. Just a simple guy using a box to watch the football smile.png

Just knew the agreement had lapsed for some reason and GMMZ could no longer be used to watch CTH EPL. I'm assuming from the techie side we can just swap boxes, as when we got the box they came to our home with different boxes and packages, we were offered a CTH only package and box, GMMZ only or combined, so we went for combined.

Haven't tried email yet, but:

The day before yesterday, I'd also looked up GMMZ via their Facebook page, and sent them a message there. They replied yesterday

They told me to register at: welcome.cth.co.th/gep/ so I did that last night.

All the info is in Thai, but I read thru it and typed the wife's details in English - my Thai typing is too slow. Once you input the box number into the screen the link goes to, they already had some details anyway.

So just waiting to hear now...

Edited by fletchsmile

So after registering at: welcome.cth.co.th/gep/ a couple of days back they delivered a new box yesterday via some delivery service - I guess they're doing a lot of these so outsourcing deliveries. It says CTH Beyond 365 day package

I plugged it all in and the basics, and the box automatically boots and finds the channels. But for the football channels it came up as "E017 error not included in your package call 1619". The box comes with a manual, but no instructions on how to get your access the Beyond package

So I called that number again and was just on hold as usual, and never got thru.

After that I sent an email to [email protected] and also messaged them on Facebook again. No reply yet from the email, but the Facebook message said to register the new box at:

online.cth.co.th/

Just registered at that web address and its up and running again smiley.png

So for anyone else that has the same problem:

1) register to get a new box at:
welcome.cth.co.th/gep/

2) when they deliver your box register at:
online.cth.co.th/

I have a RS Sunbox with a Ku band set up.

I just visited the CTH registration site welcome.cth.co.th/gep/ to try to register to get a new CTH box. When I entered my Sunbox smart card number I got a screen displaying my subscription history....but my current subscription is not listed and it says I am not entitled to anything. I paid this years subscription at the 7-11, but did not keep the receipt. I can't be bothered to pursue this further and have accepted the fact that I've been rogered. I'm still receiving the premium channels (EPL+ Nat Geo etc) but I understand that will change tomorrow.

post-74714-0-85272200-1456713433_thumb.j

Edited by mxyzptlk