UPS package stopped at customs held in UPS warehouse

madmonk888

Somebody kindly sent me some food goods from the UK by UPS which have now arrived in Thailand but UPS are refusing to deliver them and insisting I go to a Customs Department and register online with my passport to receive my goods. Also while this is going on, they will be charging me a fee to get my goods. Now I have no problem paying duty but I do not understand why I have to pay them a fee to get what is mine and why I can't deal direct with customs. I asked them to arrange for the goods to be sent to my local Thai Customs department where I would go with my passport and pay duty as I have before but they say they cannot do it and it's against the law.

Does anyone have any experience with similar and any helpful advice. I say it again, I have no issues paying the duty but not their fees and a fdaily charge for the goods to be held in a warehouse which they say is customs but is called UPS TG warehouse...help !

They've got your stuff, which is the equivalent of having you by the short and curlies.

If you want your stuff, you have to do what they demand. The longer you resist, the bigger the bill will be.

FedEx, UPS, DHL, they're all notorious for customs and handling charges.

Lesson learned, I hope. If not, use the search function and search customs and any of those company names here on TVF.

Your chances are much better using any country's national post system. They have international agreements for handling customs. That nips those pesky service fees down to peanuts if you have to pay any duties at all.

Edited by impulse