What is the best Multi point water heater?

pluto_manibo

I just went through, 2 Stiebel Eltron multipoint water heaters in 6 months in two different bathrooms. My electrical installation is up to par, bigger cables and breakers etc, water supply is filtered( no debris) and the units were new. What is the most reliable brand for these multipoint units? Thank you.

edit-spelling

We have one a DHC6ec in our spa feeding 3showers simultaneously. Its worked overtime every day for 6 years. I have only had to take the cover off once to clear the mesh filter.

I have just bought another one for the new house without so much as considering any other brand.

What is the problem with yours it could be simple maintenace such as what i had to deal with.

If the filter is being hindered with a tiny piece of grit you will not get enough water flow even with a pump.

The result is the heater will not kick in and you will get cold showers. If you find you are forever trying to turn up the heat or put in on setting 2 then this is the likely problem.

From memory ...isolate the power first then remove the cover.

The filter is inside the copper s bend . You need a small spanner to unlock the half turn nuts top and bottom.

Its quite awkward be careful it only fits in one posituon and easy to get it wrong at the same time trying not to bend that copper.

And theres nothing worse than a bent copper!

We have a couple of "Redring" by Mazuma heaters, they have been no problem for the past 2 years or so ....

+1 on these, we have two of the 6kW units. Been doing the job fine since 2012 with just the occasional clean of the filter when the flow gets too low. We bought them because they were small.

I wonder what's been killing our OP's SE units, they're widely regarded as being amongst the best.

Certainly not a Toshiba, I had one that didn't work from new. Home Mart sent out an engineer, who, after quite some time declared it "working", having finally found a way to get it to heat water. Unfortunately this involved disconnecting the flexible connector on the outlet from the pipework, leaving the water to run out of the flexi onto the floor. He advised against the idea of using it to supply hot water to more than one outlet, saying that such a system was not available in Thailand, despite the thing being designed and sold as a multipoint. It took a few months to get our money back from Home Mart, during which time we had it replaced with a Stiebel which we purchased from a really excellent small local hardware store.

OK, problem identified. Unit was on III setting(hottest). Water pressure dropped, unit overheated and shut itself off, without tripping the ecb. Advised to use only the II setting(medium). Nevermind the fact, water pressure has been the same since installation and unit worked until now.

My house has 4 Steibel Eltrons. 3 are 6000w 1 is 12,000 watt. All have been working fine for 3 years.

Another house I have a Mazuma gas water heater. It drove nuts trying to make it work (intermittant) but the problem I found today was the battery case was not connecting to the batteries. It works fine now.

I went to the gas water heater so I could power the house with a generator and still have hot water without buying a huge generator.

Last 2 paragraph added.

Archived