help please, renewal of thai driving licence Nonthaburi or bangkok?

Warlock

Hi,

i need some help with renewing my 5 year licence. i tried searching info, but didn't find answer for some of my questions.

I have a 5 year thai licence, which expire in 2 month.

- when is the earliest i can renew it? im going to travel and i would like to renew it before, can i renew before expiration date?

- also before i was living in BKK and was always went to Chatuchak land and transport dep. but now i live in Nonthaburi

Can i still go to Chatuchack to renew, or i have to go to Nonthaburi land and transp on tiwanon? or can renew on both locations??

- I have yellow tabien bahn, can I use it as address proof? any experience somebody please at nonthaburi office? or chatuchak?

thank you so much

Pete

• 1 year later...
On 24.2.2016 at 2:51 PM, Warlock said:

- when is the earliest i can renew it? im going to travel and i would like to renew it before, can i renew before expiration date?

To the best I know it's 3 months before expiry (don't beat if it's 2 months).

Are you aware that you can renew up to one year after expiry without extra effort?

Will also result in longer validity (6 years if just after expiry).

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

To the best I know it's 3 months before expiry (don't beat if it's 2 months).

Are you aware that you can renew up to one year after expiry without extra effort?

Will also result in longer validity (6 years if just after expiry).

Yes your licence runs to your birthday. Renew it the day after and you will get six years less a day. 

When I renewed at Nonthaburi, I used my yellow book as proof of address. They have a notice pinned up stating exactly what paperwork they want you to provide when you go to renew.

11 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Yes your licence runs to your birthday. Renew it the day after and you will get six years less a day. 

When I renewed at Nonthaburi, I used my yellow book as proof of address. They have a notice pinned up stating exactly what paperwork they want you to provide when you go to renew.

I'll take note of that for my next renewal:) Too bad we can't do that for 90-day forms!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sinbin said:

Is there an age limit to obtaining a license? Or is it for life?

18 years old ... in the distant past licence was for life ... but now max time for licence is 5 years but renew day after expiary and you get 6 years less a day.

If you can pass renewal tests 'somehow' then they will extend.