Friend Denied Tourist Visa in Vientiane

Thanks, all he is Czech so that would mean 15 days. Not sure how many exempts stamps he has, Ill ask. His passport is almost full he says, so probably several Thai tourist visa stamps.

If he flies back in there would be no problem? And then he gets one month.

Thanks

he will get 15 days if he is lucky, def not 30 days. did my visa in sakon today, completely different circumstances, but the guy told me, i can get 60 days extension on a 30 day tourist visa because im married here and have a daughter, but he did tell me if i go to laos, i get 15 days,and thats my first entry, never did multiple tourist ones. just hope that gives you an idea.

He used to be on double entry tourist visas, but never any red stamp.

Thanks, all he is Czech so that would mean 15 days. Not sure how many exempts stamps he has, Ill ask. His passport is almost full he says, so probably several Thai tourist visa stamps.

If he flies back in there would be no problem? And then he gets one month.

Thanks

He will only get 15 days overland or 30 days by air. There is less of a chance of problem if flying into the country.

Isnt it just a bit strange that if you have a few visa exempt stamps you may not be allowed in the country? Yes I know it is because people will go, come back and work illegally but surely that is why there should be checks on companies to take care of such things. If someone is coming into the country and being totally legit why shouldnt he be allowed in? He will be spending when he is here. Just seems that the companies can do as they want and it is the foreigners who have to suffer

• Like 1

Isnt it just a bit strange that if you have a few visa exempt stamps you may not be allowed in the country? Yes I know it is because people will go, come back and work illegally but surely that is why there should be checks on companies to take care of such things. If someone is coming into the country and being totally legit why shouldnt he be allowed in? He will be spending when he is here. Just seems that the companies can do as they want and it is the foreigners who have to suffer

The abuse of visa exempt entries rose to epidemic proportions resulting in restrictions being placed on their use.

How would you suggest that millions of companies, businesses, and small traders be checked for illegal workers?. Best to prevent (or at least reduce the numbers) of those entering.

• Like 2

I don't believe visa exempt entry has ever been meant to be used as a way to stay here long term whether working or not, and regardless of how much one spends. They increased the extension of stay available from 7 to 30 days so someone can stay two months on one entry. Why does the typical tourist need more than a couple of entries? Those wanting more than that are probably living here (some working) without what immigration would consider a proper visa or visa for the purpose of the visit.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2

I never understand the complaints about limit of visa exempt stamps. I'm AU how many visa exempt stamps can I have for Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam , etc. Answer ZERO.

Suck it up obtain correct visa

Edited by jacksam

as i always say, do it right get the correct visa for the length of time you will/may need, before entering Thailand

people abusing/ sailing close to the wind on any type of entry, be it visa exempt, ed visa, back to back tourist visa, just make it more difficult for the genuine stayer.

there are long term ways of staying in Thailand for everyone that needs to be here legally, some are cheaper than others, but they are there.

• Like 1

The abuse of visa exempt entries rose to epidemic proportions resulting in restrictions being placed on their use.

How would you suggest that millions of companies, businesses, and small traders be checked for illegal workers?. Best to prevent (or at least reduce the numbers) of those entering.

Partially due to the 36000+ schools continuing to employ teachers without the correct visa and wp knowing perfectly well it is illegal. Edited by Rayk
  • Like 1

The same way that companies around the world do with checks on companies and maybe intermediate checks on individuals at their places of stay. Other countries seem to be able to control it so there is no reason why Thailand can't if they really want to

The same way that companies around the world do with checks on companies and maybe intermediate checks on individuals at their places of stay. Other countries seem to be able to control it so there is no reason why Thailand can't if they really want to

Actually it's not really controlled anywhere. In the USA, millions of illegal immigrants are working. Same in Europe. Maybe North Korea has control but that is about the only place.

• Like 1

I think you will find "other" countries do not provide visa exempt entries !

Does Australia, New Zealand, UK , USA , Canada or any European country provide easy access ?

• Like 1

Does Australia, New Zealand, UK , USA , Canada or any European country provide easy access ?

How about Malaysia (90 days), Singapore (90 days), Hong Kong (90 days) (180 days if you are British), Taiwan (90 days), Japan (90 days). Free.

I'm from Eastern Europe but part of EU.

Thailand. Visa on arrival 14 days @ 1,000 baht

How about Malaysia (90 days), Singapore (90 days), Hong Kong (90 days) (180 days if you are British), Taiwan (90 days), Japan (90 days). Free.

Is anyone allowed a Thai visa on arrival ?

I would check the penalty's for overstay in Singapore ( Hint! Caning is an option, as is jail and a huge fine)

What has coming from Eastern Europe got to do with overstaying in Thailand ?

Is anyone allowed a Thai visa on arrival ?

I would check the penalty's for overstay in Singapore ( Hint! Caning is an option, as is jail and a huge fine)

What has coming from Eastern Europe got to do with overstaying in Thailand ?

I don't know, you tell me, you were the one that was saying "other" countries do not provide visa exempt entries, perhaps trying to make us appreciate the generosity of Thailand giving a 30 day exempt entry to some nationalities, and I was just recommending you have a look closer in the region at other countries visa exempt policy.

As for overstaying, I totally not recommend it, as I have posted before I saw with my own eyes what IDC looks like in Bangkok visiting a friend (not for overstay but not having a WP) and it's not worth the risk.

But on a second note, I find it a little bit disgusting how this "overstay thing" has been used to create a negative image in the media.

By the way, the title of this thread is about someone being denied a visa in Vientiane just to let you know.

Edited by lkv

Their country their rules

• Like 1