Rules For Bringing Food Into Thailand

Karlo

It never surprise me how people ask a question and then get a bunch of trolls who get it all off topic as a joke or something. I have as much humor as the next person. I do lots of my own building here for 10 years basically redoing all the stuff the original builder. Although one thinks they can buy good nail and screws here to me at least they aren't worth the baht especially if you want to built something of quality to last. You get plenty for the money but none are Galvanized (basically heat treated etc) for the price you pay and the volume you get it more than worth bringing in. A place like HomePro, I get a large bag of nails for 100 baht, it takes 3 nails to get one in because they tend to bend. The biggest problem buying here they rust.

For my own house I buy Kitchen fixture in the U.S. and bring them back, usually with a replacement cartridge or washer kit just in case. Here you can buy a very expensive fixture looks good but it will rust and if you need a washer good luck on that! Even some of the most expensive door handle and latches do not last after a year or so. The apartment building I have here in Pattaya... all the door knobs and locks have been replace with basic quality from Home Depot. The one's I use here the first few years all rust and the latch which is hollow breaks, even at 300 baht a set. The cheapest one I have purchased at Home Depot slightly over 300 baht, have lasted for over 5 years.

The list goes on and on with certain things here.. joke all you want but I answer the question for the BM, To each his own and that include people who seem to have a bit of sugar in their tank bringing in Vegemit? or a Palm tree? yet want to make a issue about screws.facepalm.gif

Edited by thailand49

It never surprise me how people ask a question and then get a bunch of trolls who get it all off topic as a joke or something. I have as much humor as the next person. I do lots of my own building here for 10 years basically redoing all the stuff the original builder. Although one thinks they can buy good nail and screws here to me at least they aren't worth the baht especially if you want to built something of quality to last. You get plenty for the money but none are Galvanized (basically heat treated etc) for the price you pay and the volume you get it more than worth bringing in. A place like HomePro, I get a large bag of nails for 100 baht, it takes 3 nails to get one in because they tend to bend. The biggest problem buying here they rust.

For my own house I buy Kitchen fixture in the U.S. and bring them back, usually with a replacement cartridge or washer kit just in case. Here you can buy a very expensive fixture looks good but it will rust and if you need a washer good luck on that! Even some of the most expensive door handle and latches do not last after a year or so. The apartment building I have here in Pattaya... all the door knobs and locks have been replace with basic quality from Home Depot. The one's I use here the first few years all rust and the latch which is hollow breaks, even at 300 baht a set. The cheapest one I have purchased at Home Depot slightly over 300 baht, have lasted for over 5 years.

The list goes on and on with certain things here.. joke all you want but I answer the question for the BM, To each his own and that include people who seem to have a bit of sugar in their tank bringing in Vegemit? or a Palm tree? yet want to make a issue about screws.facepalm.gif

Quite agree. Tools in Thailand are normally very poor in quality unless you go for well known brands like Stanley. I have had issues with saws and with no consumer guarantee you're screwed (to use the operative word). Sorry to be off topic, this thread is about food...

Quite agree. Tools in Thailand are normally very poor in quality unless you go for well known brands like Stanley. I have had issues with saws and with no consumer guarantee you're screwed (to use the operative word). Sorry to be off topic, this thread is about food...

Agree, it got off topic because I responded to a individual comment.. it seem to went downhill from there thus my post you quoted!