Passengers Evacuated From THAI Flight At Suvarnabhumi

george

The correct decision was made with regard to evacuating the aircraft and I see no reason why this should not be published in the press, as the public should be informed of these incidents.

Of course you will get sensational journalists who will embroider the real facts or who misinterpret the news in a rush to be the first publication of such an event. These mistruths or sensasionalist reports however soon become corrected as the details of the real event become clear.

The important thing here is that the crew evacuated the aircraft from a possible safety issue and full marks to them for doing so.

I know a little about aviation and I agree with Asian Frog entirely.

a fault in a cargo door system is not a non event.

will this incident and the malfunction that was subsequently discovered have to be repoted to the faa or whatever authority keeps track of malfunctions in aircraft , or is it such a non event that it can just be repaired and forgotten about .

this is not sensational journalism , this was a report about an aircraft evacuated due to the smell of oil in the cabin.

I agree with you taxexile, from the very begining. But I did not read Asian Frog's entire posts.

So could someone here please enlighten me what the argument is about? Where is the problem?

If I understand it correctly:

1)Smoke smelt or seen or detected in the cabin,

2)evacuate passengers,

3)press reported it.

So? I don't see any problem? Every thing seems so bloody normal.

Asian Frog, thank you for your contributions on this thread. It's always good to get the real deal from knowledgable and experienced individuals.

This TG 737-400 caught fire and burned out at the gate, evidently due to a faulty ground-based AC unit, and/or it's placement. The PM was due to board this plane for his flight. Shortly after he procurred his own A-319, which I think he took with him? Last seen in HEL fully loaded with "luggage".

Edited by lomatopo

Aviation matters are often poorly and inaccurately reported around the World.

In fact it seems to be getting worse.

A year ago Flight International(an alleged aviation magazine) reported that the wings of the new Boeing B787 are likely to have a large anhedral during flight.

What ????

Surely they must mean dihedral, i.e. the wings curving upwards. Anhedral(downwards) was common amongst Soviet airliners.

Ref:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihedral

I e-mailed the editor with a comprehensive description of the difference and his very obvious error.

I never got a reply.