Bar Owner Stabbed In Lamai

MrAG

Why the outrage? If he'd kept his cock inside his pants or at least had the sense not to play around so close to home he'd still be here.

since when has sexual infidelity been a hanging offence , apart from places such as afghanistan and saudi arabia.

the mad woman is the guilty one.

It obviously depends on the girlfriend one chooses. :o:D:D:D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point well taken Poorfarang, but even if you get a girl with $$$ be careful, think about how she got

that money :D

And if the family is loaded - well in Thailand the nice guys finish last and broke. How did

the family become loaded?

Thinking back now to when i met my wife and married her, and what i know now about

LOS I feel lucky i didnt get reamed.

But knowing what i know now, i would go upcountry and find a young girl (17-20) thats very

religious/Buddhist and Thai/Thai if i was to hunt now.

Orphan too! :o:D:D:D:D

Do NOT try and put your ideals onto this country, people or culture. You must never ever forget that people in this country do not have the same cultural values as you from the west would like to think. Especially the value of ONE life. FACE is very important in this culture as is the ability to walk away when you know someone is completely BSing you. You never ever put someone in a corner they feel they cannot get out of especially in this culture. As another poster said: "It's all or nothing."

The number of people who are saying "I wouldn't play around because she'll cut my meat and two veg off" are living in LaLaLand. You have been accepted into this culture and all that requires is to use discretion for your dalliance. 80% of Thai men surveyed (I believe it was an ABAC poll) admitted to being unfaithful for goodness sake. Why should a foreigner have to play by different rules from the locals? Isn't that assimilation? What every culture strives for is for every person within that culture to know the rules. Don't **** on your own doorstep.

Speculation is a fact of life here. Only when a foreign government steps in is there an appearance of justice being done. Otherwise, the wheels of justice grind slowly or not at all. How many years did it take for the "Chonburi Godfather" to actually be convicted of murder, and then he did a runner.

I feel sad for the child/ren who will grow up without a father and possibly a mother.

Are prenuptials available/legal in Thailand? If so it would protect a lot of guys from getting ripped off.

I am not sure a prenuptual would protect you from a knife etc ...

I am not sure they are legal, but I have been through a divorce in Thailand and found that the Thai law is quite sexist and favours the man in general (doesnt matter if farang or Thai). The female may make claim to a lot of things but in the end I found that legally pre marriage assets are certainly not considered to be something she can lay claim to no matter how long together and how many children etc. Post marraige income and assets are divided on the basis of whatever is considered "fair" by the husband (I have no knowledge of a divorce situation in Thailand where the wife has been the major asset holder / earner so not sure how that would work) and I have heard of situations where fair ranges from quite unfair through to being very generous.

The process can all be done out of court (usually the best option here too), and is based on a written agreement that both parties sign at the divorce registry office (the same registry office where people get married), witnessed by the government officials and then attached to the divorce papers with a copy being filed away in the registry.

In my case I ended up getting the children (I actually wanted them) and my exwife got a reasonable share of the income generated while we were together.

Maybe if it went so far as getting to court it would be a different situation, but I certainly felt the situation favoured me out of court and managed to walk away thinking that it was fair.

Why the outrage? If he'd kept his cock inside his pants or at least had the sense not to play around so close to home he'd still be here.

since when has sexual infidelity been a hanging offence , apart from places such as afghanistan and saudi arabia.

the mad woman is the guilty one.

Sorry to burst your bubbles boys and girls but, I asked my wife about it [she teaches law], Male infidelity and the woman can kill the other woman but must take the man back, female infidelity and the man can kill them both. Farang can do the same but even fighting in court to get you off will not protect you from the family later. Not good to be a famous farang in Thailand [unless you're A.Biggs] :o

..... I asked my wife about it [she teaches law],

1. Male infidelity and the woman can kill the other woman but must take the man back,

2. female infidelity and the man can kill them both.

3. Farang can do the same but even fighting in court to get you off will not protect you from the family later.

Please ask your wife:

1. the woman who killes the other woman; does she walk away with it (so she's able to take the man back) ? :D

2. Does the man walk away with killing both women ? :D

3. Farang.....Oh well...Farang...whether he/she commits #1 or #2..what does your wife think ? :D

Nice laws... :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

My GF said a Thai paper yesterday had a story that a 31 yr old French Bar owner in Lamai was stabbed to death by his Thai wife of 2 years. They had one 2 yr old child. The owner 'dabbling' in/with the staff at the bar was the reason given for the murder. Said she sat patiently in the bar after the stabbing for the police to arrive. Didn't run away or anything!

Can anyone confirm/deny this story? Sad if true......

He was beating on her,deserves it !! :o:D:D:D:D