Transformer Goes Booooommmm

Gonzo the Face

Again! Are your lights out? Do let us know how long the repari takes this time. Squirrel or tree snake?

No my lights are all ok and on

Sounded like it was just across the bridge, but sound direction can be misleading.

The big trans here next door by the condo blows and I have seen that on replace in less than 45 mins

It seems to happen a lot here, I can't remember ever seeing or hearing of one going back home (but I'm sure they did, just that I wasn't aware). Is there a reason for them going so often?

It's easy to assume poor quality of materials or workmanship, but they seem to go often enough to be very a very expensive part of the supply company meaning quality of both would be a little better regulated.

It seems to happen a lot here, I can't remember ever seeing or hearing of one going back home (but I'm sure they did, just that I wasn't aware). Is there a reason for them going so often?

It's easy to assume poor quality of materials or workmanship, but they seem to go often enough to be very a very expensive part of the supply company meaning quality of both would be a little better regulated.

It's just the fuse blowing

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/687510-exploding-transformers-fixed-in-30-minutes-how/

This big one next to me at the condo, blew a good one a couple years back. A flaming , sparking shooting arc right out over the street. Traffic was coming along northbound and when it went, some poor guy on a moto was swerving left and right like trying to avoid a terrorist rocket attack. Was pretty spectacular. I imagine he slithered home for a change of underwear.