Coffee War

Spaniel

The past week my wife and I were in Pattaya and decided to visit the Silver Lake area. While driving down Sukhumvit Road we past an interesting place and decided to stop. The name of the place is Coffee War and it's a coffee shop with a small menu of Thai food. Great coffee and friendly staff, well worth a stop if you're in that area. It's easy to find. Driving on Sukhumvit from Pattaya towards Sathip, continue on until you come to the Honda dealer and Coffee War will be about another 1/2 km on the left. Some may already be familiar with the used military equipment shop. Coffee War is right next to it.

post-11958-0-19573500-1456409630_thumb.j

post-11958-0-64977400-1456409665_thumb.j

post-11958-0-04253700-1456409710_thumb.j

post-11958-0-52976600-1456409757_thumb.j

Edited by Spaniel

Looks like a very nice place, if it was on Beach rd I'd be sitting there every day. Only Starbucks and Coffee Bean near where I live and both become slightly boring after several hundred visits. Benjamin too is out of the way.

Thanks for the reference to Coffee Bean. Didn't realise that they had a branch in Pattaya - I see that they are located at Mikes on Beach Road.

Must pay them a visit as I used them a lot when I was based in KL in the late 90's. Had an apartment at KL Plaza, near Lot 10, and I was a regular at their branch on the ground floor. Think they have now closed that location but have a place near Beach Club, plus other locations, no doubt.

Sounds like a great place for people watching.

Thanks for the reference to Coffee Bean. Didn't realise that they had a branch in Pattaya - I see that they are located at Mikes on Beach Road.

Must pay them a visit as I used them a lot when I was based in KL in the late 90's. Had an apartment at KL Plaza, near Lot 10, and I was a regular at their branch on the ground floor. Think they have now closed that location but have a place near Beach Club, plus other locations, no doubt.

Sounds like a great place for people watching.

Yup yup, it's little bit hidden, outside Mikes. Very comfy chairs, much much more comfortable than Starbucks's small metal chairs. It can get little bit hot on the patio because the walls block wind, but great spot for lounging and watching as you said.

Outside Central Festival there used to be upscale pub, next to the Irish pub, it's been closed now for several months, I wish that it was a cafe, very good spot. And next to it on the sidewalk is now one of those Volkswagen vans with coctails, allways busy.

Starbucks at Central is crammed to dark concrete corner with no view at all, no fun.

Went to coffee war just after it opened - coffee not so good - but it looks like got their act together in the photos above ?

Why anyone goes to starbucks beats me I also don't rate coffee bean at Mikes - way too watery and milky. And I don't like it tooo strong.

Best coffee for me round these parts is in Homeworks coffee shop near the South Big c on Sukh. Note, like the road sign I put c in lower case.

Gafae next to Tuk Com is another good coffee shop. Coffee Club is OK and also Pastrami and Rye in Jomtien...... for all my local advertising can the money be sent via TV to my PayPal account please .......

Went to coffee war just after it opened - coffee not so good - but it looks like got their act together in the photos above ?

Why anyone goes to starbucks beats me I also don't rate coffee bean at Mikes - way too watery and milky. And I don't like it tooo strong.

Best coffee for me round these parts is in Homeworks coffee shop near the South Big c on Sukh. Note, like the road sign I put c in lower case.

Gafae next to Tuk Com is another good coffee shop. Coffee Club is OK and also Pastrami and Rye in Jomtien...... for all my local advertising can the money be sent via TV to my PayPal account please .......

You forgot to add Benjamit to that list, best coffee in Pattaya if you ask all the expats lining up in queue every day .

You forgot to add Benjamit to that list, best coffee in Pattaya if you ask all the expats lining up in queue every day .

Gafae uses beans from Benjamit.

Starbucks at Central is crammed to dark concrete corner with no view at all, no fun.

True. The Starbucks at Beach Rd./Soi Yamato has a good view, however, and you get to thumb your nose and make faces at any TVF Starbucks haters walking by. smile.png

Edited by JSixpack

Also try Yes coffee inside Big C xtra , hot latte 35 baht, best value for money, and much better taste than Starbucks.

boonthavorn oN SUKHUMVIT past home pro has a great coffee shop and the prices are low. I have lived in Pattaya for 12 years and tried coffee ata many places and this is the best. next you need something for the house go past the new home pro store and check it out. You will not be disappointed.

True. The Starbucks at Beach Rd./Soi Yamato has a good view, however, and you get to thumb your nose and make faces at any TVF Starbucks haters walking by. smile.png

Always a bit of a lottery getting a seat with a view though as there's some seriously, serial coffee squatters at that outlet.

I reckon their best feature is the air-conditioned lounge upstairs (and upstairs again) where there's a really large, wing-backed sofa at the front that offers all sorts of seclusion, privacy and your choice of views... depending on your coffee date of course.

Also try Yes coffee inside Big C xtra , hot latte 35 baht, best value for money, and much better taste than Starbucks.

boonthavorn oN SUKHUMVIT past home pro has a great coffee shop and the prices are low. I have lived in Pattaya for 12 years and tried coffee ata many places and this is the best. next you need something for the house go past the new home pro store and check it out. You will not be disappointed.

Noted. The cafe inside the front bit of Index Mall was quite pleasant on a visit last year.

My extra-curricular coffee activities have been suspended since I returned from a short business trip to Timor Leste last December and brought home loads of their excellent products, both beans and ground. Probably take me at least 6 months to get through that lot and simply the best coffee I have ever tasted. Google letefoho.

I was suggesting YES coffee in Big C Xtra earlier in this thread. Unfortunately I have some bad news, the owners just sold their business to someone else, I believe Thai muslims. They use a different coffee machine and now the coffee tastes just like any other 'below average' coffee in Thailand.

The YES sign is still up but will be replaced with another company sign within 3 months according to the new owners.

Now I'm trying to find out where the old owners have relocated , they wouldnt tell me.

If you want good coffee now at Big C , go upstairs and pay 60 baht at the other coffee place.

Edited by balo

I was suggesting YES coffee in Big C Xtra earlier in this thread. Unfortunately I have some bad news, the owners just sold their business to someone else, I believe Thai muslims. They use a different coffee machine and now the coffee tastes just like any other 'below average' coffee in Thailand.

The YES sign is still up but will be replaced with another company sign within 3 months according to the new owners.

Now I'm trying to find out where the old owners have relocated , they wouldnt tell me.

If you want good coffee now at Big C , go upstairs and pay 60 baht at the other coffee place.

Good luck finding a seat up there. They should expand.

What? More senior, coffee squatters than Starbucks @ Beach and Yamato?

So, the coffee is good at this small cafe on the 2nd floor? Several years ago I was not impressed but then it's hard to find a good strong Americano that isn't watered down. But this cafe is always busy so I suppose this is a good sign.

YES Coffee was pretty good but I did notice recently the coffee has gone downhill and I did see new staff running the counter a month or two ago.

What? More senior, coffee squatters than Starbucks @ Beach and Yamato?

Let's just say it's a good thing they don't provide gameboards for checkers (draughts). Price I think is the draw: decent coffee a bit cheaper than elsewhere. It's quite small, no comparison w/ Starbucks. I stop by for quick expresso sometimes.

Where is Benjamit located?

Where is Benjamit located?

Benjamit is opposite Friendship supermarket, in the soi behind pattaya tai, in front of the parking lot.