What type of internet available in Khao Kho

GreasyFingers

We will be moving from Kho Samui to Khao Kho (around Khaeme Sone or Thong Sumo) next month. As I usually spend most of my spare time here swimming I will need different entertainment up there. What type of internet is the best in that area. I have used an air-card in Samui but it was slow/unreliable so would prefer a better option.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Unless you are lucky to find someone on here that actually lives in that area, the best would be to wait til you get there and chat with a local as it varies so much.

As an example, in my village it can vary from one side to the other, True is great here, but wont work there, and AIS is great over there, terrible here.smile.png

Unless you are lucky to find someone on here that actually lives in that area, the best would be to wait til you get there and chat with a local as it varies so much.

As an example, in my village it can vary from one side to the other, True is great here, but wont work there, and AIS is great over there, terrible here.smile.png

I was hoping for a local to see the post. I note what you say about different areas. We are looking at 2 rental properties in different areas, 1 in the village and one semi rural so may need to use an air-card until we find out what is there. 3BB might be available in the village but I doubt it for the rural one. Is your True satellite or cable.

True can be either, personally I use TOT Wi-Net as that's the best overall speed and performance for my particular location as they wont run cables here.(too far out)

"finding out whats there" is the key to this, as there may not even be cables in that location, so you are restricted to a "sim" and therefore that can dramatically change within a few hundred meters.

My advice would be go visit and check it out first if its an important aspect to you. If not,just wait til you arrive and chat with a neighbour as to what "works".

Archived