VDO: A young cop praised by netizens for his heroic exploit

rooster59

He fired his gun at a moving vehicle while riding his bike? If that's true, that is <deleted> stupid.

Surely he fired when the vehicle was at rest?

There's always the sad miserable detractors...

You don't think firing at a moving vehicle is dangerous?

Not as dangerous as an iced person firing a 9mm pistol auto at all and sundry.

Such a pity that he did not miss the tyres and hit the driver instead! My enjoyable cynical comment coffee1.gif

Good on the young Policeman for having a go at doing his duty. I hope his local community gives some public support and reward for his efforts.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People heaping praise on this cop, who bought his own gopro, just waiting for something like this to happen.Then posted to farcebook...

How long before other cops want the same praise heaped on them and try something similar.

Stupid accident waiting to happen.

Male bovine excrement, law enforcers around the world now use Gopro's and other equipment to record evidence to present in court at a later date. You going to criticize them too? The only difference being that here, it's not supplied by the force. As far as uploading it, I guess all the other vids on the web were uploaded by the police as "purely educational" videos too yeah?

Less dangerous than it sounds. They were moving quite slowly because of the heavy traffic.

More dangerous than it sounds because;

1. The bullet(s) had the potential to ricochet/deflect off the vehicle and injure non implicated parties;

2. The police officer was discharging his firearm while driving his vehicle with one hand. Thai road conditions with their debris, and potholes requires two hand driving. Had the policeman lost his balance while firing or had a driving mishap, the likelihood of third party injury was heightened. There were people in the area where the firearm was discharged.

There is a reason why this behaviour is not allowed by professional police forces. It is dangerous and irresponsible. There are options such as stop sticks, proper interception & blocking along with pit maneuvers which were more effective and safer.

Cowboys.

He fired his gun at a moving vehicle while riding his bike? If that's true, that is <deleted> stupid.

Is it not a question of weighing up the risk ? If he hadn't of shot the tyre out and the driver had carried on driving and had a head on with a bus resulting in the deaths of countless people then what ?

I am on the side of the copper here. No real danger to anyone when he was shooting at the wheel.

People heaping praise on this cop, who bought his own gopro, just waiting for something like this to happen.Then posted to farcebook...

How long before other cops want the same praise heaped on them and try something similar.

Bet you hate anything that has a positive bent to it, especially things outside your sphere of existence.
And I bet you think you know everything about everyone, just because you like to think you have something important to say..grow up
Seems you need to grow up, the cop was doing his job, or didn't you notice in your rush to criticise.
I choose to ignore idiots who say the cop should have shot the person to remove them from the gene pool.

Your parents must be so proud.

If you want to start a pissing match that is up to you, but get permission from your

parents first, if you know who they are.

Wow did it take you all night to think of that..lpl.

I would get into a battle of wits with you, but you being completely unarmed, it wouldn't be fair on you.

Have a nice day.

Is it not a question of weighing up the risk ? If he hadn't of shot the tyre out and the driver had carried on driving and had a head on with a bus resulting in the deaths of countless people then what ?

I am on the side of the copper here. No real danger to anyone when he was shooting at the wheel.

The scenario you pose on your first paragraph is ludicrous...what if, what if, what if....

I still maintain it is &lt;deleted&gt; stupid to discharge a firearm at a moving vehicle.

Those who have watched the video assure us it was perfectly safe to do so. I have my doubts but ok, I'll take their word for it.

It's still something that shouldn't be done as far as I'm concerned by any law enforcement officers anywhere in the world. Too much can go wrong.

Edited by Bluespunk

He shouted stop in the name of my Thai baht! The officer said that he liked his Thai baht very much and would not hesitate to fire if he thought his baht could be in any danger of getting away.

Nonsense. While I disagree with what he did I don't doubt his motivations for doing it.

The scenario you pose on your first paragraph is ludicrous...what if, what if, what if....

I still maintain it is <deleted> stupid to discharge a firearm at a moving vehicle.

Those who have watched the video assure us it was perfectly safe to do so. I have my doubts but ok, I'll take their word for it.

It's still something that shouldn't be done as far as I'm concerned by any law enforcement officers anywhere in the world. Too much can go wrong.

Ok I take you point because Thailand is a fairly safe country to drive in.

Do tell me just how much could go wrong with a cop trying to stop a vehicle as opposed to letting it carry on its merry way ?

I still maintain it is <deleted> stupid to discharge a firearm at a moving vehicle.

Ok I take you point because Thailand is a fairly safe country to drive in.

Do tell me just how much could go wrong with a cop trying to stop a vehicle as opposed to letting it carry on its merry way ?

I didn't say too much can go wrong with stopping a vehicle. I said too much can go wrong with shooting at a moving vehicle.

Not sure really how guns being fired in traffic adds to safety on the roads either.

Bet you hate anything that has a positive bent to it, especially things outside your sphere of existence.
And I bet you think you know everything about everyone, just because you like to think you have something important to say..grow up
Seems you need to grow up, the cop was doing his job, or didn't you notice in your rush to criticise.
I choose to ignore idiots who say the cop should have shot the person to remove them from the gene pool.

Your parents must be so proud.

If you want to start a pissing match that is up to you, but get permission from your

parents first, if you know who they are.

Wow did it take you all night to think of that..lpl.

I would get into a battle of wits with you, but you being completely unarmed, it wouldn't be fair on you.

Have a nice day.

Overnight, 29 minutes actually - this is shown by the little numbers at the top of each post, for your interest it's called time. As for unarmed, a bit like the police guy you were so quick to criticise.

I watched the video. This young man did a superb job of chasing down the bad guys. To the detractors: it sounds like you haven't watched the video and are basing your judgment on the sole basis of one article. The young cop first fired on the vehicle when it was at rest, firing at a tire, which he managed to blow out. The bad guys then took off, running on a rim at high speed, thus endangering other motorists to an even greater degree due to the instability of the car. He attempted to blow out the driver's side front tire when running parallel to them at low speed. All of this was primarily in the countryside, so little danger to others.

It's just fascinating how many people on here can find something to bitch about, no matter what the subject. Are you really that miserable in Thailand? If so, then what the hell are you doing here?

Ah I do love posts that say if you have a viewpoint you should leave the country.

Never indicated that anyone voicing an opinion should leave the country. I just stated my curiosity as to why anyone so blatantly miserable would remain in the place inducing their misery. Might be helpful if you read my post with an eye toward understanding instead of, once again, bitching.

Edited by Traveler19491

Ah I do love posts that say if you have a viewpoint you should leave the country.

Never indicated that anyone voicing an opinion should leave the country. I just stated my curiosity as to why anyone so blatantly miserable would remain in the place inducing their misery. Might be helpful if you read my post with an eye toward understanding.

I'm not miserable. I just think shooting at a moving vehicle is dangerous.

Pro's & Cons: The officer and BiB were in a tough spot. Let the 'potential' criminal run free with a 'no chase' policy, or 'potentially' risk the public by allowing the situation to escalate into a chase.

Unfortunately there is no right or wrong, no black and white in these situations whereby each individual situation is highly dynamic, the situational fluidity means that at one point the chase is safe while at other points in time members of the public are placed at risk directly as a result of the police chase.

What to do ?... based on the Video alone I believe the Police Officer has fired his weapon safely and placed no members of the public at risk.

However, what concerns me more is the chase, whereby the Car and BiB sped past members of the pubic in what appeared to be a locally residential area.

It was also concerning to see what appeared to be 'half hearted' road blocks... surely they could have done a better job of blocking the whole road with their vehicles - lack of resources... deployment of spike strips would be ideal in this situation.

The Police officer was indeed brave and did a very good job. But as a unit I feel they placed the members of public at risk when giving chase.

Edited by richard_smith237

I have a great idea: Let us watch a DEDICATED THAI policeman do a fantastic job.

Then let's dissect every second of it so we can have a Thai bashing thread.

Some posters on here are pathetic.

Nothing else to do with their boring small-minded lives. Edited by Artisi

I thought it was ridiculous when i read about it, now i've seen the video I am firmly of the opinion that is IS ridiculous. The trigger happy fool of a cop should not be getting any kind of plaudits imo. Firing weapons should only be done on the pretense of someone is actively trying to kill or gravely injure you first. Didn't see much of that here when a guy is speeding away in a different direction