Selling off old tyres

dick turpin

Think the fact that I have replaced them would suggest .

they are well knackered, seven years, although only

70 000 kms and no the wife does not have a clue

Practically nothing for that age and mileage. They can't be used again as they are knackered:) I could barely get 400 baht for my tires when I turned them after 40K kms and less than 3 years old. Just enjoy your new tires:)

Think the fact that I have replaced them would suggest .

they are well knackered, seven years, although only

70 000 kms and no the wife does not have a clue

" Only" 70.000 Kms?

I'm happy if I ever get 50.000 Kms on my truck. The last 4 sets on 2 different trucks all did only 50K before I had to replace them, and I've had Goodrich, Good Year, Dunlop and now firestone. I think the last set will even not last 50K.

I changed the OEM Bridgestones on my old Nissan at 90.000 kilometers, not because they were worn out but because they got hard and were dangerous on wet roads. The tread looked to be still about half there. The dealer didn't want them so I stacked then beside the garage. One day a guy came and asked my wife if we wanted to sell them. I told my wife to tell him that 300 baht would be OK. He promptly peeled off 1,200 baht for the set. I had meant 300 baht for the set. My wife came in the house and handed me 300 baht. She pocketed 900 baht and she was very pleased.

I changed the OEM Bridgestones on my old Nissan at 90.000 kilometers, not because they were worn out but because they got hard and were dangerous on wet roads. The tread looked to be still about half there. The dealer didn't want them so I stacked then beside the garage. One day a guy came and asked my wife if we wanted to sell them. I told my wife to tell him that 300 baht would be OK. He promptly peeled off 1,200 baht for the set. I had meant 300 baht for the set. My wife came in the house and handed me 300 baht. She pocketed 900 baht and she was very pleased.

That's not what I want to hear. As the more observant will have

guessed this about my missus possibly getting one up on me...

at this rate it is not looking good.

I had Bridgestone on my Spivo only change them because they were over 6 year old.

The dealer offered to buy them for 500bt each. Jumped at that 2,000bt in beer tokens. What the Buddha would I do with 4 half worn tyres cluttering up the house anyway.

So your wife understands you, that's a keeper.

She was laughing and told me that I said that I would be satisfied with 300 baht, so the 900 was hers. What could I say? I got what I asked.

So you sold a set of dangerous (your word) tyres to an unsuspecting buyer? Wonder if he's still with us?

So you sold a set of dangerous (your word) tyres to an unsuspecting buyer? Wonder if he's still with us?

Yes and they will be driving towards you at high speed tomorrow