When does low seasons start?

finy

was there a high season, bar a couple of weeks in the new year? Its going to be a very long hard year with no lessons being learnt from the last couple. Eventually it all catches up, or perhaps has caught up already. the total apathy towards the roads, tourist safety, taxis, jet skis oct oct is absolutely staggering.

Normally there will be a great dip in tourists at Samui from May – or slightly after Song Kran – till about mid July; however depending if some budget package groups arrives, like some years; whilst Chaweng may be fairly full of young party guests, especially the week around full Moon. Real Low Season is from October till December 20th.

Peak season per annum is around 15 Dec til 15 Jan.

High season is from 15 Jan until after Songkran/Easter and again during northern hemisphere school summer holidays ie mid July until the first week of September.

Low season fills in the gaps.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

was there a high season, bar a couple of weeks in the new year? Its going to be a very long hard year with no lessons being learnt from the last couple. Eventually it all catches up, or perhaps has caught up already. the total apathy towards the roads, tourist safety, taxis, jet skis oct oct is absolutely staggering.

Oh dear Carminefacepalm.gif you really need to get out and about more... kilometers of the ring road between Maenam and Nathon are being redone and sidewalks on both sides ....including a massive drainage project ....

Also several side roads being cemented.... PEA are putting in new electric poles in the Nathon hill area....

Demographics have changed, Samui is not attracting the "Bar Crowd" as much as it used too...

I don't remember reading about any problems with Jet skis this year....?

Drainage in Ban Por area now being put in...

Feb%2525202016-7.jpg

PEA working on poles, Nathon Hill....

Feb%2525202016-5.jpg

Oh dear Carminefacepalm.gif you really need to get out and about more... kilometers of the ring road between Maenam and Nathon are being redone and sidewalks on both sides ....including a massive drainage project ....

Also several side roads being cemented.... PEA are putting in new electric poles in the Nathon hill area....

Demographics have changed, Samui is not attracting the "Bar Crowd" as much as it used too...

Feb%2525202016-7.jpg

Feb%2525202016-5.jpg

earth calling planet jimmy.....facepalm.gif

My wife had a business in large hotel, paid more rent in the high season, October - May , low season June - September, and her business make more money the high season months, much less in the low season. best months were November to April.

Feb%2525202016-7.jpg

Feb%2525202016-5.jpg

Thanks for the photos of new road and roadworks but since you appear to have spectacularly missed the point, i was referring to the road statistics that continue to worsen and an almost total lack of traffic policing.

If you want to keep posting about the new drainage ect might i suggest you start a separate thread on this rather than attempt to cloud over such an important topic?

Your in it now as the Thai economy with the drop in 2 years and currency has shifted the tourist trade. Good deals if you negotiate.

if numbers down,

thai owners know only 1 negotiation -

how much up,

and how much down with the service,

they finding back to classic breakfast

500thb for toast and jam ( sorry butter 2grm and tea )

Feb%2525202016-7.jpg

Feb%2525202016-5.jpg

Thanks for the photos of new road and roadworks but since you appear to have spectacularly missed the point, i was referring to the road statistics that continue to worsen and an almost total lack of traffic policing.

If you want to keep posting about the new drainage ect might i suggest you start a separate thread on this rather than attempt to cloud over such an important topic?

Think the subject of this tread is about "when low season begin", not Samui road safety statistics, which could be a serious separate tread, or just posted in some of the others already covering that...

Edited by khunPer

I think the topic question has been well answered..... but you often come up with negative vibes about Samui.... Personally I think the positive things here outweigh the negative side.... or else why would so many expats live here and why so many tourists come, some more than once a year?

Many improvements made here since I moved here nearly 8 years ago.... As i said, the demographics have changed, it's not the "bar " seeking crowd that comes so much any more... More normal people, some with families ....wink.png

Hope you wore your helmet today! tongue.png

Officially after Sonkran, unofficially January 20th. High season is December 20-January 20

by my experience. The scooter parking went from jammed to 80% to 30% full now.

The swimming pool went from a dozen people in the pool between 11 am -1pm to

3-4 people. Things are really quiet now here in Jomtien. coffee1.gif

Seven to ten days after Songkran. There is a bit of a lift during the European summer holidays though this has become less apparent these last few years. Resorts seem to be still doing quite well for the most part but they put very little into the local community / small business owners as the occupants often do not leave the place. Was in central Lamai last night to check on a friend who has an eye problem (much much better) and the area was devoid of people. Looks busy on the road but that is because most of the space on the road is taken up by parked taxis.

Mai/June is not real low season. All tour operators in Europe charge the cheapest prices for holidays in Thailand and in Phuket/Khao Luk/Krabi is already rainy season, it's also honeymooner time and that kind of tourist avoiding the typical package tourist in winter are here as well.

Apart from that the Chinese crowds actually don't care about the month, if it's not monsoon season.

When did the High Season begin ? smile.png

November

Believe this is local Samui-forum; November is extreme low season – before many places closed from November 1st until December 15th – whilst other destinations in Thailand are busy in that month. smile.png

Officially after Sonkran, unofficially January 20th. High season is December 20-January 20

by my experience. The scooter parking went from jammed to 80% to 30% full now.

The swimming pool went from a dozen people in the pool between 11 am -1pm to

3-4 people. Things are really quiet now here in Jomtien. coffee1.gif

Samui is nothing like Jomtien.