Leonard DiCaprio wins best actor Oscar for 'The Revenant'

webfact

Leonardo DiCaprio wins best actor Oscar

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Leonardo DiCaprio finally has an Oscar after winning the best actor Academy Award for his performance in the survival epic "The Revenant."

DiCaprio has been nominated five times for acting Oscars, dating back to 1993's "What's Eating Gilbert Grape." Acting's highest honor has eluded him despite years of strong performances in films such as "The Aviator," and "The Wolf of Wall Street."

He played fur trapper Hugh Glass in director Alejandro Inarritu's "The Revenant," which involved the actor plunging into icy waters and eating raw bison to portray his character's efforts to survive in the wilderness after a bear attack.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-02-29

Oscars 2016: DiCaprio finally wins Best Actor, and ‘Spotlight’ scoops Best Picture

606x341_325620.jpg

LOS ANGELES: -- The stars of the big screen have been honoured in Hollywood at this year’s Oscars.

The award for Best Picture has gone to “Spotlight,” which tells the story of a newspaper investigation into sex abuse by Catholic priests.

Leonardo DiCaprio is also celebrating. He has scooped his first Oscar, for Best Leading Actor. It is for his role in the American movie “The Revenant.”

The Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film has gone to “Son of Saul.” The harrowing Holocaust drama is the first full length movie for Hungarian-French director Laszlo Nemes.

Mad Max: Fury Road has picked up a mammoth six Oscars, including for costume design, film editing and make up. The action adventure movie is the work of Australian director-producer George Miller.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-02-29

I watched Mad Max: Fury Road, and seriously didn't think it was that good of a movie.

I loved it!

It looked gorgeous, it was well acted...and it kicked some serious @$$!

..."Spotlight" is a well deserved winner for "Best Picture", though!

I watched Mad Max: Fury Road, and seriously didn't think it was that good of a movie.

It was quite terrible Tom Hardy was the wrong man for the role. He couldnt pull it off at all. Mels a tough act to follow.

It was basically Mad Max done as a chick flick

The movie was aesthetically well done but since I was born in an arctic country it really annoyed me looking the stupid way they chose to write the storyline. If a real person would have done as Leo did, he would be long dead in the film. For example, no-one can survive arctic temperatures by laying down on cold soil and sleep there unconscious or not. It takes not long to die from hypothermia.

He was brilliant when younger but lately I see his acting becoming more and more sort of dull routine. Just my opinion. Wouldn't go to see a movie just based on the fact that he is on it.

Leo may be a good actor and has finally got his Oscar, but this actor should stick to acting

and keep his mouth shut about Climate change, since he does not know of which he talks.

The weather that made him leave Alberta Canada was not climate change. but in fact

was because of the strong El Nino that has affected Western North America, as well as

a Chinook from the Rocky Mountains, that us Calgarians love to get each Winter.

These are natural weather evens, and not about climate change at all.

Shame on you Leo for trying to convince anyone otherwise.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889

I thought Fury Road sucked and was not crazy about The Revenant. It was just too dark and depressing for me. I am glad Leo got the Oscar though. He deserves it for some of his other work.

Good on Leo for the oscar. He deserves it. He is an amazing actor. The degree to which he commits to his performances it astonishing. The Revenant was a masterpiece. A stunning film. His performance was fabulous.

I like the fact that he speaks out on climate change. I admire an actor who takes a position on an issue. They have alot of influence, and why not use it? A lot of actors are too timid, or afraid to do so.