Assumption Si Racha

Hi Guys,

Does anybody have any first hand experience of this school?
My son, half Thai, is interested in the school as it has lots of land and sports facilities.
However, I came across a website that names and shames the school for hitting students.

Obviously I know that most Thai schools do hit students to punish them.

The site indicates that the school has a real problem with this and I'd like to get a more balanced and hopefully firsthand view.

Thanks very much.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi udomsook, I know the school pretty well. It has excellent facilities and a good bilingual programme. As with most Thai schools, the Thai teachers do tend to hit students to instil discipline. As a private Thai school, it's a good option. Go for the English Programme if you do send your child there, as it's the only one with a fairly intensive level of English lessons. Hope that helps.

OP, it seems to be a good school and you can have a chat when you register your son and tell them to not hit your child.

I know that many teachers ( not at this particular school) hit all students of a class when only a few misbehave.

But a "friendly" word/chat with the director/ HoD could help your son a lot.

Let them know that you're raising your child without any aggressive methods and that you do not appreciate if something would happen to him in any form.

BTW, please be aware that it won't be free to get him in. I hope it works well for your son. . thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks People,

Visited the school three times and the facilities are awesome for sports. The teachers and support staff seemed great and my son is happy there, so far, so good.

The article above is the reason I raised the question. Looking at the site it recommends only one school as being a good school, which suggests who the authors are.. I certainly haven't seen any signs of abuse there so far.

Cheers,
Udomsook.

Great school but the Brother Director is a complete a'hole.

Before he joined it was really good. He's basically drained the school of its resources and lined his own pockets. He's the most corrupt, useless piece of piss they could have found. Bombed out from Assumption Tonburi and finds his way into Assumption Sri Racha. He wouldn't get a job in Burger King in any other country.

The staff are good on the whole but keep an eye on the discipline. One or 2 Thai teachers in particular get too touchy in the name of teaching morals. I've seen one putting his hands in students pockets to check the contents.

The foreign teachers are pretty decent too. They had a proper muppet there from the UK but I've since heard he was sacked (good sign of any school) and ended up at darasamut just up the road.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived