where could I find a little house for rent isaan area ?

Supertuktuk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Udon Thani you can find ok houses to rent, we are having a house of four rooms and two baths for 5000 b month. If you want to have fully furnished you may pay about 6000-7000 b month in the area, we are living at. Only 10 minutes from city center. JJ

Watch DDproperty, it has been spammed by agents with non-existing rentals.. I spent a few weekend tracking down properties from location and photo (to cut out the middleman) and in Korat only 10% seemed genuine. Spoke to one householder and they said it was up for rent 4 years ago... They clue is with the agent name and photo... She is merely fishing for contacts.

yes you are absolutely right! there is an agent in Udon with many ads all fake, non-existing rentals even in the province of Nakhon ratchasima, Chiang Mai , Chiang Rai Rayong always the same agent!

Here in Udon Thani you can find ok houses to rent, we are having a house of four rooms and two baths for 5000 b month. If you want to have fully furnished you may pay about 6000-7000 b month in the area, we are living at. Only 10 minutes from city center. JJ

I know Udon is a good place with many houses for rent but if do not speak thai things are not so easy!

Go into a bar used by Farangs and ask the waitresses. Those ladies generally speak at least some English and know everything that's going on.

And some things that aren't . 555

Yes I have already done....and you find just some bloodsuckers!

Hi when do you need house????? How much money are you looking at paying. Have you got transport????. You say not far from city how many kms distance are you willing to look at.

I need the house soon as possible, small house1/2 rooms because I am living alone with my 2 dogs.

I do not a big space because then I need to keep clean and nobody do this for me.

I have motorbyke but I do not travel by bike so far (I am 60 y.o.) so i am looking something not too far from the city center around 7/8 km

Edited by Supertuktuk

• 2 weeks later...

Beware DDproperty, it has been spammed by agents with fake rentals, someone trying to fish contacts, others trying to scam customer asking money in advance to show rentals propeties !

Edited by Supertuktuk

OP, it's obvious you are stressed. Don't rent without listening to your gut....I made that mistake a few times just to get away soon, but the next 6-months were not fun. one problem traded for another.....

also, remember, we don't judge...if you want to get stuff off your chest, feel free to vent here. don't keep it inside IF it increases stress..

we have all had pretty bad stress..

wish you well.

Rent an apartment for a month.

And look around, get to talking with people.

Roi Et is okay, Western social scene in the cafes/restaurants/bars around the lake in the center of town. Head there for a month and rent an apartment, and get to know people, you'll have a house rented within the month.

Do not use a broker or agency.

Many do, but what they end up doing is paying a commission, and paying higher rent.

You are doing this correctly. Ask around on Thai visa. However, you sound like you want a house anywhere in Isaan....which includes Loei, Udon, Sakorn Nakhon, Khon Kaen, Korat, and all those other places. Too vast an area.

If you want a place in Udon.....3000 a month 2 bedroom, 10 kilometers outside the city...I know at least two. Many inside the city. Yes, you need to know some Thai, or have a girlfriend who is "honest" (not looking for a kickback from the owner).

We had a 3 bedroom house (old style) for 2000 a month, and now we pay 2500 a month for a very basic home on a huge lot. We get it indefinitely, no deposits, and we can fix it anyway we want. Waiting now to renew the lease for 3 to 5 years at that price. Pay in advance, and do not pay a deposit....unless you get a furnished place. Unfurnished, no reason for a deposit.

There are no seasonal prices in Udon.

Go into a bar used by Farangs and ask the waitresses. Those ladies generally speak at least some English and know everything that's going on.

I wouldn't.

What you will basically have is an instant skin tax on the house, after the bargirl goes to the owner and says a customer is looking for a house.

OP, it's obvious you are stressed. Don't rent without listening to your gut....I made that mistake a few times just to get away soon, but the next 6-months were not fun. one problem traded for another.....

also, remember, we don't judge...if you want to get stuff off your chest, feel free to vent here. don't keep it inside IF it increases stress..

we have all had pretty bad stress..

wish you well.

Thank you very much for your understanding message.

Hello just new here but if you really want peace and quiet for you and your dog with ample space and you have a budget of between 3000/7000 per month then may I suggest a small city called kalasin which is 80km from KK and opportunities to rent are buoyant here.

Internet is good thus far via true move, I'm 1 mile from the centre of the city.

This is very much solitude I see the odd farang like myself but very few and far between.

I initially booked a hotel here for 1 month to get a good understanding of the area But as you have a dog this may not be possible.

Good luck with the search

Hello just new here but if you really want peace and quiet for you and your dog with ample space and you have a budget of between 3000/7000 per month then may I suggest a small city called kalasin which is 80km from KK and opportunities to rent are buoyant here.

Internet is good thus far via true move, I'm 1 mile from the centre of the city.

This is very much solitude I see the odd farang like myself but very few and far between.

I initially booked a hotel here for 1 month to get a good understanding of the area But as you have a dog this may not be possible.

Thank you

the problem is not the location, unless you are fluent in the Thai language you can go around and even find advertising signs ให้เช่า = for rent

but then you will not able to deal with landlords this is the main problem !

My advise is not to pay much attention to the better than thou prudes here. Many of the bar girls are decent helpful people. Many will be willing to help you and are willing to be your interpreter. I am happily married but before that I was helped by those "nasty" bar girls. They do know their areas because they don't have much money either. The a**holes that put them down know nothing.

Thank you

the problem is not the location, unless you are fluent in the Thai language you can go around and even find advertising signs ให้เช่า = for rent

Sorry mate your in thailand so it's not really a problem it's thailand it's a challenge is what it is and the only way your going to find your ideal place is getting used to the obstacle and getting on with it, it's called trial and error if you visit 1 spot and give up you learn nothing if you visit 3 you will hopefully get some instinct on what to do and what to say be it english or thai. If you visit 10 spots you will be more than capable of assessing the spot, the people and you will likely succeed. Some good advice in these posts - sign etc on paper so good luck and keep us informed on your search as I think new obstacles will emerge such as contract in thai etc. Make a plan and stick to it good luck.

Thank you

Sorry mate your in thailand so it's not really a problem it's thailand it's a challenge is what it is and the only way your going to find your ideal place is getting used to the obstacle and getting on with it, it's called trial and error if you visit 1 spot and give up you learn nothing if you visit 3 you will hopefully get some instinct on what to do and what to say be it english or thai. If you visit 10 spots you will be more than capable of assessing the spot, the people and you will likely succeed. Some good advice in these posts - sign etc on paper so good luck and keep us informed on your search as I think new obstacles will emerge such as contract in thai etc. Make a plan and stick to it good luck.

This is what I am trying to do between some obstacles as you say.

However thanks to you and all those who seriously want to give help.