Need to get out of the house - URGENT

JohnnyJazz

Not sure where you live but why not rent a small condo in some other town and spend time there. When I lived in the village I knew a few guys who had two places, one in village and one in Pattaya. They spent most of their time in Pattaya but then went to the village on holidays and some weekends to see the wife. The wives I don't think really liked it at first but got use to it. Many reasons to not stay in the village full time so not too hard to make the case.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure where you live but why not rent a small condo in some other town and spend time there. When I lived in the village I knew a few guys who had two places, one in village and one in Pattaya. They spent most of their time in Pattaya but then went to the village on holidays and some weekends to see the wife. The wives I don't think really liked it at first but got use to it. Many reasons to not stay in the village full time so not too hard to make the case.

I can second that. After 8 years with the GF and we were not even living together I got bored so rented a studio (I have a condo in Bangkok) in jomtien for 3 months at a time and there now and she totally accepts it and she will be here for Songkran.

I couldn't be happier with this set up

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

If you are living in BKK tell her you are tired of the city and the pollution and get a place near a beach to spend some time.

Damn that is exactly what I said and it was the truth

We are living in Bangkok downtown, very nice house in a very nice area. So moving to Nakhon Nowhere is not something that appeals too much to me ...

If you are living in BKK tell her you are tired of the city and the pollution and get a place near a beach to spend some time.

Actually it would be true, I d love to move to the beach for a while. But so would she. So she would move with me and we would be back to square one wacko.png

I guess you could be truthful with her and tell her you need time away. But before doing that take those road trips I suggested. A few days at a time perhaps every other week. Drive to Udon and spend a few days then come back. After a week home a trip to Phuket or Hat Yai ... Etc etc ... Make your mission to find a business or something you can do on the side, kind of like a business trip. Take a mate or two and have some fun while seeing the country. You may even start to get tired and enjoy being home :) or maybe even find a business or something to take up your time.

There are three things required to have a happy long lasting relationship, 1 is for you to have a life outside the relationship where you have your friends and interests, 2 is for her to have same you, friend and other interests, 3 to have your time together to share some things you have in common.

If any one of these is missing it will put strain on the relationship. You or her will smother the other and drive them away.

There are three things required to have a happy long lasting relationship, 1 is for you to have a life outside the relationship where you have your friends and interests, 2 is for her to have same you, friend and other interests, 3 to have your time together to share some things you have in common.

If any one of these is missing it will put strain on the relationship. You or her will smother the other and drive them away.

Agree with that. That's why I'm looking for a life outside of the house.

So as we have been a bit side tracked, I repeat what I'm looking for.

20 years experience as a company manager in both Hong Kong and China, I'm looking to help a local structure. Available part time / full time. Salary based on what people can afford, not a real requirement. PM if interested or have leads.

Thanks in advance

Bored, its a modern thing,manly used by kids with a short attention span,

I am retired,since I was 42,and I can tell you its a whole lot better than

going to work everyday,just wish I had time to be bored,there is so much

to do.you must be bored through lack of imagination,why you posted for

help on here.P.S. now 70.

regards Worgeordie

I am a bit like you ,a couple of times in my life i took a year or two out instead of working , and eventually cut it down to 3 days a week at 50 then gave up at 60 , i usually did this and that to earn money , i was always quite good at it , but always to lazy to keep goingsmile.png we have been here permanantly now for 10 years , i never ever ,ever get bored (perhaps its because i have a simple mind) i come on here to post , i read ,i watch stuff i download , the wife and i go out driving about , boredom ,i just do not know what it is. in fact i am always "busy doing nothing working the whole day through ,trying to find lots of things not to do" .

20 years experience as a company manager in both Hong Kong and China, I'm looking to help a local structure. Available part time / full time. Salary based on what people can afford, not a real requirement. PM if interested or have leads.

Thanks in advance

You have a work permit?

Yikes Pardner..turning 60 myself in a few...

Well, volunteer with some type of NGO that fits your personal preferences. That might lead to something else. Write a book, business experiences.. lesson learned... then their is the physical fitness routine..for a little while. Start your Blogs life.

Better yet, call up an old company, explain you are willing to coach..

Well good luck partner.. you will find something..

On the pegs.thumbsup.gif

It's funny when you retire how time fly's. I am semi retired and don't seem to have enough hours in the day. If you sit down and think of all the things that you have always wanted to do like travel, hobbies and interests you can get out of the house.

Bangkok is a huge city that has so much to see and do. Start exploring it.

It's funny when you retire how time fly's. I am semi retired and don't seem to have enough hours in the day. If you sit down and think of all the things that you have always wanted to do like travel, hobbies and interests you can get out of the house.

Like doing what? Humidity is 99% with never a faint breeze. Walking around like a zombie in shopping malls gets old quickly.

Not being difficult I live there, but do what exactly? Pushed bike.. No way to hot and dangerous.. What else

Join a local foundation and assist at schools. They will even be able to get you a work permit as you'll need one even for volunteering.

Good idea. How to do that ? Where to find them ?

I've been in Asia for more than 25 years. I'm unfortunately passed the "exploring" stage.

Edited by JohnnyJazz

Thanks in advance

You have a work permit?

No, but a multi entry one year visa. I believe it wouldn't be very difficult to get a work permit if I really need it.

start taking trips to hong and sleeping with prostitutes. when you are home turn on the tv, hide behind a newspaper and kick the dog.

youll be amazed how fast the years pass

Google foundations or volunteering and you'll find quite a few. Just stay away from the ones who wants you to pay for volunteering.

Foundations of volunteering.. It really shows how disconnected westerners become when they try to take on a thai women as a stimulating partner. Volunteering for this stuff should be because you really want to, not just to get away from the thai MRS

Thanks in advance

You have a work permit?

No, but a multi entry one year visa. I believe it wouldn't be very difficult to get a work permit if I really need it.

unbelievable...you are in bkk area and your bored ?

1. play squash,babmington ,tennis , swimming, jogging in local parks, tai chi, yoga in local parks, go fishing, buy a motorbike take it on long runs around bkk. take yourself on on 2-3 day trips around isaan ( usually what i did when bored with the wifey ) do some home learning/study online. sell on ebay. do gardening, make a herb garden. paint your house. go see friends more.

PS

if all else fails head to pattaya and lose yourself in soi 6. ( usually what i do )