Thai Police call for Tougher Immigration Measures in aftermath of rape

webfact

Not a mark on them by the looks of it, did the two males not even make an effort to fight them off

What would you have done Superman ??

Don't need to be Superman to stand up for yourself, even if it meant getting a beating from these schoolboys, i am not a fighter, but had it been my girlfriend or wife i would have fought as hard as i could to defend them

And again, you judge a situation you don't know anything about... YOU WERENT THERE!

And by fighting for your woman like you say you would have, you probably would have died doing so, because you don't bring your fist to a knife fight... (I know it is not the expression...).

Yes, the knives were mentioned in most articles, one exemple from Reuters : http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-cambodia-rape-idUSKCN0W33E3

Again before judging what you would have done, try at least to know the real situation, then you can try to guess (I say try because it is not possible to know how you would really react).

Either way, what to you gain by saying something like that, other than feeding your ego by diminishing these traumatized victime, what a great human being you are...

Even without a knife, I would like to see you and a normal guy (everybody isn't a navy seal trained to kill believe it or not) fighting five other guys, barely a fair fight, the odds are highly against you, and don't judge a book by its cover, some people don't look like much but they can kick the ass of a bodybuilder anytime...

Again, show some respect for the victims, it was not their fault.

Compassion please.

Isn't it enough to just praise the fact that they ended up alive and to wish them a prompt recovery?

The two guys that ran away while their partners were raped will have to live with that for the rest of their lives, good luck to them

Not a mark on them by the looks of it, did the two males not even make an effort to fight them off

Getting really tired of the internet warriors here who think they would have won the fight, 2 guys versus 5 with knives, fighting was the best way to get killed for sure.

They survived... So I guess they did the best they could.

As for those saying the man who escaped was a coward, I have a different view, I think he actually saved everybody by alerting people.

In the end don't you think that being raped is better than being dead, it s crude, but that is basically the choice there was.

Show some sensitivity, you have absolutely no idea how it happened and it is really easy to say you would have done better, but you are comfortably sitting on your chair, not in front of 5 armed guys...

Don't see anything in the report about knives being used, had the two men stood up for themselves and their women the outcome for the two poor ladies might have been very different, nothing to do with me being a "keyboard warrior"

It was a passing motorist that alerted the police according to the report yesterday

PS edit, looking at the picture again i mean really, hardly a scary bunch are they

Oh, do shut up.

Getting really tired of the internet warriors here who think they would have won the fight, 2 guys versus 5 with knives, fighting was the best way to get killed for sure.

As for those saying the man who escaped was a coward, I have a different view, I think he actually saved everybody by alerting people.

In the end don't you think that being raped is better than being dead, it s crude, but that is basically the choice there was.

Show some sensitivity, you have absolutely no idea how it happened and it is really easy to say you would have done better, but you are comfortably sitting on your chair, not in front of 5 armed guys...

Don't see anything in the report about knives being used, had the two men stood up for themselves and their women the outcome for the two poor ladies might have been very different, nothing to do with me being a "keyboard warrior"

It was a passing motorist that alerted the police according to the report yesterday

PS edit, looking at the picture again i mean really, hardly a scary bunch are they

Oh, do shut up.

Two pages of comments on this and thats the best you can contribute

"Oh, do shut up"

I would like to know what you would have done if your wife was getting raped? run away also?

Don't see anything in the report about knives being used

I would like to know what you would have done if your wife was getting raped? run away also?

Don't see anything in the report about the girls being their wives?

I see lots of reports about knives -

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/cambodians-arrested-for/2558842.html

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/thailand-fishermen-arrested-over-knife-rape-attack-french-tourists-1546649

2 guys can't beat 5 with knives.

Actually in other reports, it was 1 guy against 5, after 1 other guy ran off. And the 1 guy remaining is in ICU undergoing surgery, so that sounds like a knife attack, and maybe he did put up a fight. We don't know.

Along the lines of " I know what I would do to the teacher if it was my child " posts.

"Police should keep their eyes closely on millions of migrant workers in Thailand because, a deputy commander of the Royal Thai Police told reporters Monday, they are responsible for most crimes committed against foreign tourists."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

There must have been some foreign workers in Udon Thani last week then. Horrific story about a young woman burned alive in a pile of tyres (even though she was Thai).

Edited by bluesofa

Will someone explain to me how tighter immigration laws would prevent drunk foreign fishermen swimming from their boat to rape tourists on a deserted beach? Migrant workers trafficked to work on Thai fishing boats are already well supervised by the boat owners to prevent the workers' escape, so this was presumably a Cambodian fishing boat that illegally entered Thai waters to carry out the crime. Preventing this is a job for the navy, not immigration.

They are not really a scary bunch are they.(donnybay)

Seriously?

Its pitch black,your 8000 miles away from home,on a small island,And in front of you are 5 ignorant,uneducated,street rats,carrying blades,with the intention of spilling your guts all over the sand,in a heart beat,And you,the educated European,with a but of money behind you,educated,employed,on holiday. with your wife/girlfriend,talking about how nice the bottle of red wine was,you had at dinner.Totally unused to a situation like this(doesnt happen everyday in Utopian suburbia)And suddenly you realise that you could die here,actually die and your family would never know until much later.These 'kids' will slice you open and hide your bodies until they are well away.And you dont think they are a scary bunch?Just how many knife fights have you been in where your opponent is the result of want and ignorance.Not many i fancy.

So don't spout such utter clap trap.

How can these 'swinger swimmers' be prohibited from enetering by sea?

A D-Day Thai scenario perhaps?

My comment has NO intension whatsoever to diminish the horror the victims have been gone through, but solely to point out that reality is harsh.

I wish that the victims will find strenght to overcome their ordeal and hope at the same time that the blame game changing from foreigners to immigrants will stop asap.

I really love thailand, and really get tired of the Thai police being criticised every time one of these migrants commits a heinous crime. It is no different than blaming the victim for walking at night. or blaming the wife because the husband had an affair. Put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the criminal. These 5 Cambodians, viciously attacked a group of holiday makers for no reason. I was drunk, doesn't excuse them or the b2.

Well done thai police and locals, that helped the guests in their country.

Edited by greenchair

I really love thailand, and really get tired of the Thai police being criticised every time one of these migrants commits a heinous crime. It is no different than blaming the victim for walking at night. or blaming the wife because the husband had an affair. Put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the criminal. These 5 Cambodians, viciously attacked a group of holiday makers for no reason. I was drunk, doesn't excuse them or the b2.

Well done thai police and locals, that helped the guests in their country.

And I am really tired of people comparing the two cases, in this one, nobody died and the victims are there to identify their aggressor, the police work was quite limited on it and shouldn't really be noticed.

The other case in Koh Tao is very different, the victims were brutally murdered by beasts, no witness were there to identify the aggressors and the police work has been universally criticized, only a few support them inconditionnaly.

Just seeing that Thailand tries to put the blame for most crimes on foreigners on migrants is quite dispicable, as if Thai couldn't do anything like that, there are countless exemples of the contrary and Thais have proven to be capable of very heinous acts for greed or face saving.

I respect your opinion, but I respectfully disagree, the police work has been less than satisfying and because of that, a case that could have been very clear is full of holes. One can not deny that there is reasonable doubt that the B2 did it, and as you said before, even if they were implicated I really don't believe they could have acted alone, the scenario depicted in the RTP directed reenactment is just not credible.

Again, two different cases, generalization is the way of the simple minded.

Edited by fab99

its not the man in the fight its the fight in the man

Will someone explain to me how tighter immigration laws would prevent drunk foreign fishermen swimming from their boat to rape tourists on a deserted beach? Migrant workers trafficked to work on Thai fishing boats are already well supervised by the boat owners to prevent the workers' escape, so this was presumably a Cambodian fishing boat that illegally entered Thai waters to carry out the crime. Preventing this is a job for the navy, not immigration.

they were too busy "not" people trafficking