Rabbit Card Discount - McDonalds

bbi1

Just walked past Maccas today and there's a sign on the counter about Rabbit Card and what looks to be a discount of 20%, which is all written in Thai. Is this correct? Maybe a new promotion? On the thing that scans the Rabbit Card it says 10%. I believe you can also top-up a Rabbit Card at Maccas?

• Sad 1

Just walked past Maccas today and there's a sign on the counter about Rabbit Card and what looks to be a discount of 20%, which is all written in Thai. Is this correct? Maybe a new promotion? On the thing that scans the Rabbit Card it says 10%. I believe you can also top-up a Rabbit Card at Maccas?

If you own a Samsung galaxy you can download the Galaxy gift app and get a big burger at Burger King for 69 baht. Much betterr junk food than McD . Edited by balo
  • Sad 1

If you own a Samsung galaxy you can download the Galaxy gift app and get a big burger at Burger King for 69 baht. Much betterr junk food than McD .

Nope, don't have a Samsung. I actually don't mind the new McSpicy Chicken Burger for 49 baht. Two of those burgers and you're full where Burger King meals are ripoffs ending up costing nearly as much or the same at a Western country.

Still wondering about that 20% discount thing :D

• Sad 1

Awesome, thanks!

Meccas? what are we 3?

It's spelt "Maccas" not Meccas.....Nope, nearly everyone says Maccas down in Oz. In fact doing a quick Google search, Macca's is a registered trademark belonging to McDonalds. Are you saying McDonalds are 3 years old for having that TM? lol......."The official website of Macca's® Australia. Whether you want the details of what's in your Big Mac®, or to find your nearest restaurant, this is the place to be."

Edited by bbi1

I use my Rabbit card in Changmai at most MacDonalds. Normally 10 % but at the moment they have a special 20 % promo at participating MacDonalds.

The MacDonalds inside Central Airport Plaza do not give the 10 % all the time. The 10 % cardboard sign was not shown all the time during the last year.

The MacDonalds in the Airports I normally use ( DMK-BKK-CNX ) do not accept the Rabbit cards as the Rabbit terminal is not there.

Very convenient to use in the Skytrain in Bangkok. Even had a discount last month on the rides.

Edited by cnx355
  • Haha 1

well you can't get an ordinary beef burger for under 300 baht so I guess 80-120 baht at a fast food restaurant suits some.

Although I have to say the taste is minimal at best and size is no where near what you get for 300-400 baht ...

you get what you pay for .....

well you can't get an ordinary beef burger for under 300 baht so I guess 80-120 baht at a fast food restaurant suits some.

Although I have to say the taste is minimal at best and size is no where near what you get for 300-400 baht ...

you get what you pay for .....

In Malaysia on the other hand......all beef at McDonalds (a muslim thing), and cheaper than Thailand.

Most of the MacDonald's seem to have only 1 rabbit terminal only, what happens when you queue at the wrong till? and also at the drive through? When I used mine I make sure to queue at the right terminal to avoid inconveniencing other people behind me,

Looks like rabbit card will be depreciated when the common ticketing card 'MangMoom (Spider)' that can be used on both the BTS and MRT underground (and possibly the expresways) comes online later this year

How much is a Rabbit card ?

and where do you get it and refill it ?

thanks

BTS Skytrain stations, Bangkok Bank also have some debit card with integrated rabbit card too

Cost 300 baht to get, you get initial 100 baht credit with it and a deposit of 50 back if you stop using it,

you can refill it at the McDonalds and some shops that accept it too

It only makes sense if you need to travel on the skytrain, when using it at junk food places that accept it it doesn't seem to be any more convenient than cash, the occasional discount like the 20%off at McDonalds is hardly worth the trouble of getting one just to use in Pattaya

at least for a fee of 150 the card doesn't expire, unlike the 7-11 'members' card

I think for the Bankok Bank one you can top it up online or at the ATM too, so that might be a tad more convenient than having to go to physical place to top it up, so when opening accounts with Bangkok bank and they make you choose between various rip-off debit card, at least the rabbit one has some use

• 2 years later...

any idea where I can buy a Rabbit card , I am going to Bangkok soon and I wonder who it was who sold these cards ,

or are they only available at a skytrain station ?

On 3/2/2016 at 12:42 AM, cnx355 said:

Very convenient to use in the Skytrain in Bangkok. Even had a discount last month on the rides.

The only discount you get on the BTS (unless you're old or a student) is 1 baht per ride.

On 3/5/2016 at 8:07 AM, digbeth said:

Most of the MacDonald's seem to have only 1 rabbit terminal only, what happens when you queue at the wrong till?

This is a problem at Tesco Express stores too.  They only have one or two checkouts that accept the Rabbit Cards.  So queue up at the wrong till and you either have to pay cash or queue up again.  You can look at the checkouts first to see if they have the terminal at the one you want to queue at.  If you use the same store day after day you soon remember which to queue at.

On 3/2/2016 at 2:29 AM, yankee99 said:

How does it work? You buy the card at McDonald's and top it up where?

Buy it at the ticket counter at any BTS station, and top it up at the same place.  No idea about Chiang Mai or Phuket.

26 minutes ago, mogandave said:

It does blow that you can (apparently) no longer top-up with a credit card.

Yeah, BTS were getting somewhat miffed that people were reloading with their card (BTS pay the vendor fee) then not traveling. 

Fear not, you will "soon" be able to link your Rabbit card to your Line Pay account (which does link to you credit card) and be able to travel without ever needing to re-load your card.

Yeah, BTS were getting somewhat miffed that people were reloading with their card (BTS pay the vendor fee) then not traveling. 

Fear not, you will "soon" be able to link your Rabbit card to your Line Pay account (which does link to you credit card) and be able to travel without ever needing to re-load your card.

Interesting, I’ll have to look into line pay. I did notice you can reload trips with a CC. It amazes me how many people stand in line twice a day to ride...

Is Line a public company? They’re getting into everything. Might be worth a look as an investment...
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, mogandave said:

Interesting, I’ll have to look into line pay.

The project is "Rabbit LinePay" it's not active yet, "coming soon" (hopefully this year).

The project is "Rabbit LinePay" it's not active yet, "coming soon" (hopefully this year).

Thanks. I have BKK bank ATM with Rabbit, but I would hate to use it and end up with hundreds of line in my passbook.