PM Prayut urges youth to develop thinking process and study science, and mathematics

webfact

PM Prayut urges youth to develop thinking process and study science, and mathematics

BANGKOK, 2 March 2016 (NNT) – The Prime Minister has urged Thai youth to start thinking more and gaining more knowledge of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.

Before attending this week’s Cabinet meeting, Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha paid a visit to an exhibition organized inside the compound of Government House, which features energy products and innovations as well as a campaign to promote children’s creative education.

Gen. Prayut told representatives of the youth who were present to promote the exhibition and related activities that, for Thailand’s education to be developed further, emphasis must be given to the learning of science and the training of the thinking process.

He also called for the integration of the education system through STEM — a curriculum based on the idea of educating students in four specific disciplines — science, technology, engineering and mathematics.

The PM went on to say that Thai youth should be encouraged to improve their writing skills while suggesting that at least 70% of the content of their examination papers must come from what they can learn outside classroom.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-02 footer_n.gif

The PM went on to say that Thai youth should be encouraged to improve their writing skills while suggesting that at least 70% of the content of their examination papers must come from what they can learn outside classroom.

So this means the exam paper will be about computer games and whisky drinking. Oh and they only need to go to school for 30% of the time as the there not going to learn anything useful in the other 70% .

And as for asking them to think more.! Since when is that encouraged ??!!

went into big C yesterday bought 2x cd at 99 baht, young girl needed the aid of the calculator to work out 2x 99, they have a long way to go.....

A foreign power wouldn't need to conquer Thailand. Just hide the calculators and the place grinds to a halt. rolleyes.gif

"The PM went on to say that Thai youth should be encouraged to improve their writing skills while suggesting that at least 70% of the content of their examination papers must come from what they can learn outside classroom."

First improve their reading and writing skills like 8 year old children in the west are taught to do.

What can they possibly learn outside school that will help them earn degrees in science, technology, maths etc?

The sheer ignorance of those currently in power, most of them having no formal education other than military training of sorts.

Gen. Prayut told representatives of the youth who were present to promote the exhibition and related activities that, for Thailand’s education to be developed further, emphasis must be given to the learning of computer war games and the training of the drinking process. Amen.

went into big C yesterday bought 2x cd at 99 baht, young girl needed the aid of the calculator to work out 2x 99, they have a long way to go.....

So your Big C doesn't have cash register???

It must be one of these places without electricity. Poor farang.....blink.png

I want to know the specifics about the 70% of learning outside the classroom. It's not the first time he's said he wants the kids away from studying in class but I've not seen him say what the benefits really are, how to achieve them or what the learning will actually be.

I feel so sorry for the children. We can only hope this man fails to destroy their potential.

Nothing wrong with that especially since the cashier has to pay for any mistakes she made. Best use a calculator, easy, less risk

Where is the point in this statement? biggrin.png

The next 5 people that can think and smell something fishy and want to do something about it will be called in for attitude adjustment haha

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I took a moto taxi once to run a quick errand. 80 baht & told him if he wanted to wait 3 minutes I'd catch a ride back with him.

He almost had an aneurysm trying to figure out 80+80 in his head.

I only asked him what my bill was just to watch this phenomenon & didn't say a word, but was ready to blurt out "roy hoke-sip!" if he started flopping on the ground.

I tipped the guy 40 baht once he came up with the right number.

Sure! Change entire education history and practice from rote leaning to critical thinking in a flash. Thought this PM had at least an ounce or gram of common sense! Change the education system, then after about 10 years you may see some positive results of critical thinking among youth.

What hypocrisy. How about the Thai adults start thinking more, out of the box so to speak.

.... They cannot.....learned everything via rote and therefore don't have the necessary thought processes or mental capability. And many can't identify the Box their in because that requires outside world perspective which most Thai's lack.

"at least 70% of the content of their examination papers must come from what they can learn outside classroom." Be hard pressed to fill that other 30% of content. Seems major focus is sit down, shut up and defer to your "superiors".

"The PM went on to say that Thai youth should be encouraged to improve their writing skills while suggesting that at least 70% of the content of their examination papers must come from what they can learn outside classroom."

First improve their reading and writing skills like 8 year old children in the west are taught to do.

What can they possibly learn outside school that will help them earn degrees in science, technology, maths etc?

The sheer ignorance of those currently in power, most of them having no formal education other than military training of sorts.

You will note that the Thai educational system nor the teachers have any further responsibility for students' learning how to think. On the other hand, given that a very low percentage of the teachers know how to think I guess he thinks that the problem is solved.

Not too much lately on firing all of the farang English teachers and having super Thai teachers teach English to the existing English teachers to make Thai students ready for ASEAN implementation next year.

at least 70% of the content of their examination papers must come from what they can learn outside classroom.

So that would be from gangs, auto racing, YouTube, gambling, soap operas, human trafficking, tourist scams, etc.?