Thai authority for approval of building modifications

I understand that if the owner of a unit in a condo wants to do important structural modifications not only the manager of the juristic person has to approve but also a Thai authority has to visit the place and inspect before giving approval or refusal : what is the name of this authority?

If you stay in BKK it is the BMA, elsewhere it is the municipality. In the outside of towns and cities its not controlled to my knowledge as one can build without plans and permits.

Thank you for your reply.

I am writing about a condo with 20 floors in Nonthaburi Province just outside BKK area.

However I doubt one can build apartment buildings of 10 floors and higher without supervision of a government controlled authority (engineering division)

If you stay in BKK it is the BMA, elsewhere it is the municipality. In the outside of towns and cities its not controlled to my knowledge as one can build without plans and permits.

Thank you for your reply.

I am writing about a condo with 20 floors in Nonthaburi Province just outside BKK area.

However I doubt one can build apartment buildings of 10 floors and higher without supervision of a government controlled authority (engineering division)

In Bangkok you need permission from the engineering department for anything over 4 floors or 15 meters. They are located in the BMA office in Din Daeng. For outside of Bangkok I don't know, but the best place to start would be your local district office. They will definitely know who deals with permissions for tall buildings as they will have to refer people there.

Tessa ban, which is usually located in the Amphur's office have an on staff "engineer" that will approve plans submitted by a qualified (licensed) engineer for any major structural alterations to an existing building. The same person who reviews the building plans submitted for new construction

Land office is in no way involved in buildings and permits, they just deal with the legality of the land any building sits on

Curious as to what the structural modifications might be? In View Talay projects in Pattaya common walls are continually being removed, altered added with only the developer's juristic manager's approval.

As long as they are not load bearing walls then the work is not considered structural, so no permission from outside agencies is needed.

Juristic permission is probably only required for the contractor to get access to the building. Some condos prohibit any internal building during the high season