NCPO spokesman: Wattana was invited for talk because of his distorted comments

webfact

Baerboxer returns with "But, but, but...Thaksin!"

Anything on-topic? A Thai citizen has been detained incommunicado without charge for expressing views the junta disapproves of. Do you approve of the junta's actions?

Of course, he is one of their most dedicated apologists!

When is one of these attitude adjustment subjects going to grow a spine and refuse to sign the NCPO's 'I'll be a good boy' contract?

There have been stories of such people's livelihoods, relatives and general safety being threatened should they not sign such paper and sure it is easy for me to suggest they tell the NCPO to stuff it - its not my health, career or relatives they are threatening - but the last thing the NCPO want is to have to follow through on their threats and risk seeming all the more draconian by the public at large.

Once again, leaders of true conviction seem to be thin on the ground and large numbers of people suffer in the long term as a result. I don't care what party this guy is from. I hope he can just stick to his fundamental right to express himself.

I agree with you generally. But, I cannot disregard the fact that none of those smiling thugs would likely hesitate to use violent means or the threat of violence to destroy someone's life. They are pure thugs with good smiles. Not signing would be opening up oneself to the end of a barrel worse or a destruction of their family's safety and comfort.

Nasty people

You make a slight mistake. You are expressing your opinion, not a fact.

BTW I assume you're not posting from a Thai location? Writing about the NCPO spokesman and who he speaks for as 'smiling thugs' and suggesting lots may get you your own invitation to discuss how friendly the NCPO and their spokesman really are.