Arrest made following 'execution' at East Pattaya Restaurant

webfact

"Attempts were made to resuscitate him at the scene but he was declared dead moments later."

The mind boggles, resuscitate from a head shot, by who?

Declared dead, by whom?

First responders, presumably. Not all head wounds are fatal, would you advocate not attempting to resuscitate injured parties?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is why all foreigners should read the writing on the wall that in this country when it comes

to dealing with the loco locals, one is advised to tread lightly, very lightly, one never knows the

popper looking guy next to you carrying a gun, as it was already established that those hot headed

idiots act first, and never think or care of the consequences....

Yaa bar has a lot to answer for.Maybe not in this instance but it is the cause of the increase in random,stupid murders.

And this is why all foreigners should read the writing on the wall that in this country when it comes

to dealing with the loco locals, one is advised to tread lightly, very lightly, one never knows the

popper looking guy next to you carrying a gun, as it was already established that those hot headed

Good advice, apply this when driving also as a bit of rage might get you shot,

maybe thats why Thais black out their cars windows, which also makes the cars dangerous as you can,t see much at all in the rear view mirrors.

Shooting sounds very similar to one a friend saw in a karaoke bar, 2 tables of Thais slinging it at each other , became louder over a bit of time, then one idiot pulled a gun and shot one of the Thai mens dead from his table.

Maybe the brother supplied him the gun, maybe he will get off with a plea of self defence as he thought the other guy was going to pull a gun and shoot him.

This country needs to introduce gun laws and make guns illegal , Thais should not be allowed to carry guns.

The gun did not kill the victim all by itself. It takes someone to operate it. It's all about the culture and the ridiculous concept of face. There are very strict gun laws in Thailand and they do not do much to enforce them.

Gun control is just a politicians wet dream. The only people that follow the laws are the law abiding citizens and the criminals just don't care. Australia and Great Britain both outlawed and confiscated guns only to have violent crime increase on both countries.

Gun grabbers hate it, but the evidence shows that violent crime decreases everywhere concealed carry permitted in the US. FBI statistics.

maybe thats why Thais black out their cars windows, which also makes the cars dangerous as you can,t see much at all in the rear view mirrors.

Shooting sounds very similar to one a friend saw in a karaoke bar, 2 tables of Thais slinging it at each other , became louder over a bit of time, then one idiot pulled a gun and shot one of the Thai mens dead from his table.

Maybe the brother supplied him the gun, maybe he will get off with a plea of self defence as he thought the other guy was going to pull a gun and shoot him.

This country needs to introduce gun laws and make guns illegal , Thais should not be allowed to carry guns.

Gun are illegal here. Very illegal. But, when you have an incompetent and compromised police force nationwide, that does not really matter. As always, it depends on who is carrying the gun.

The above advice is good advice. In general, never, every pick a fight with a Thai man. Do so at your own peril. You just never know. The value of a life here is relatively low. And you cannot win the fight. If you beat him up you lose. And if he beats you up, or kills you, you and your family lose, big time. And you do not want to get in the middle of something, nor draw a target onto your own back, or head. So, be smart. Stay out of arguments, and don't provoke the locals. It is not worth it. Keep a low profile, and Thailand remains a safe place, for most of us.

I used to be a bit of a hothead on the road, but I realized there is no point. And the potential for danger is high. So, why allow myself to be provoked? It does require a lot of patience, as many Thai men are constantly doing things on the road which are childish, foolish, reckless, and crazy. But, I just let them do their thing, shake my head, keep my cool, and move on.

I can hardly keep up with all the murders, rapes, deaths suicides in Thailand these days,, wai2.gif

Send me a program to follow if you find one. I am confused to. Songkran should relieve the pressure a little bit. Everybody can shoot everybody else.

When people lose everything, they lose it! Having lived here for 9 years I'm now recommending if you get involved with anyone, ask them if they are currently married, was married, is currently dating anyone and if any of the past relationships have criminal records, ever incarcerated, anger issues, stalking history and made recent threats. If they hesitate, ask their friends similar questions. I owned a Private Investigation Agency and was in business in America for 25 years. Domestic violence always accelerates with economic retreats. The questions may seem silly to some, but it is a starting point that may save you a lot of pain or worse in the future. If anyone contacts you and makes threats, tell them the friendship with the person is over and move on. If you are an expat or tourist, don't forget where you are! You’re not in your home country. These situations are very rare here, but it pays to play it smart. As cash flow retreats for many, Thai people seek financial security for themselves and family; with foreigners so anger issues accelerate and can boil over with their Thai lovers. If the person starts using illegal drugs or is intoxicated on a regular basis, it is a red flag and time to cut bait and move on. Just because they are on the street or in a bar, doesn't mean they are not being watched and both of you can be followed. Be aware of who is behind you always!

That is quite an interview process, I have two questions

1/Is this done on the 1st date?

2/ Do you think the young lady would be 100% honest and accurate in her disclosure. whistling.gif

There seems to be more and more unstable people walking and

driving around with guns,you have to be careful what you say and

how you drive,it does not take much to set them off,it seems.

regards Worgeordie

It's getting to sound like there's a right to walk around carrying a peacemaker here too.

I was sitting in a restaurant on one of the islands when five shots rang out in front of the place.

I peeked out to the right and saw a thai go down on a bike. Shot in the back. Dead.

To the left was a big guy who owned the mini market next door. I knew him a little.

He used to sit out front of his place and hold court.

As it turned out, the biker had insulted him by calling him a fat man.

Fat boy was a mafia old schooler.

Fat boy also owned a lot of beachfront land just around the corner.

The whole episode resolved by fat boy disappearing for 30 days.

And a bunch of that beachfront property was relinquished. whistling.gif

The End.

wai2.gif

The gun did not kill the victim all by itself. It takes someone to operate it. It's all about the culture and the ridiculous concept of face. There are very strict gun laws in Thailand and they do not do much to enforce them.

Gun control is just a politicians wet dream. The only people that follow the laws are the law abiding citizens and the criminals just don't care. Australia and Great Britain both outlawed and confiscated guns only to have violent crime increase on both countries.

Gun grabbers hate it, but the evidence shows that violent crime decreases everywhere concealed carry permitted in the US. FBI statistics.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/world/australia/australia-gun-ban-shooting.html

And:

The FBI reported that all of the offenses in the violent crime category—murder and non-negligent manslaughter, rape (revised definition), rape (legacy definition), aggravated assault, and robbery—showed increases when data from the first six months of 2015 were compared with data from the first six months of 2014. The number of rapes (legacy definition) increased 9.6 percent, the number of murders increased 6.2 percent, aggravated assaults increased 2.3 percent, the number of rapes (revised definition) rose 1.1 percent, and robbery offenses were up 0.3 percent.

Source: "Violent and Property Crime in the US–Crime in America".

It is estimated that as much as 50% of violent crime in the US is not reported to police.

The statement that violent gun related crime has increased in Australia is a flat out lie. They have decreased deaths by firearm from 516 in 1996, the year of the "ban" to 207 in 2013 .

The UK also has an average of less than 0.5 gun deaths per 100,000. They are both in the 20 lowest gun death nations in the world, while the US ranks as the twelfth highest in per capita firearms deaths at more than 10 per 100,000.

regards Worgeordie

Most certainly.......my girlfriend warns me all the time when I'm driving

On an interesting side note.....In many US states there are no specific laws preventing children to bear arms in line with the constitution of the USA.

regards Worgeordie

Most certainly.......my girlfriend warns me all the time when I'm driving

On an interesting side note.....In many US states there are no specific laws preventing children to bear arms in line with the constitution of the USA.

Back in the day, living near the corner of manchester and Sepulveda in Los Angeles, I bought guns specifically for my young sons to use. And of course taught them how to use them.

Why else do guns exist, except to defend women and children?

Judging solely from the OP, if siting on a Grand Jury, I would refuse to indict.

Insult a man's wife, after bringing your "posse" and sitting strategically at the next table... well, you do so at your own risk. Once you have done so, under common sense and Anglo-Saxon Common Law, you have no rights at that point, just like a burglar caught in the act.

Except to run like hell.

On the lighter side of Gun Control - Heard a radio interview years ago with Hank Williams, Jr. He was asked what he thought of Gun control. His answer - 'Putting two bullets in one hole - that's Gun Control' Always stayed with me.

Back in the day, living near the corner of manchester and Sepulveda in Los Angeles, I bought guns specifically for my young sons to use. And of course taught them how to use them.

Hand guns and long guns exist to deliver bullets, which exist to put holes in things. Depending on many factors, chiefly ballistic coefficient, sectional density and impact velocity, they may or may not go through the intended target. In Urban settings this is a bad thing, as it puts bystanders at risk.

Hand guns and long guns exist to deliver bullets, which exist to put holes in things. Depending on many factors, chiefly ballistic coefficient, sectional density and impact velocity, they may or may not go through the intended target. In Urban settings this is a bad thing, as it puts bystanders at risk.

Handguns are mainly needed in "urban settings".

That is the point.

Not all of us choose to be helpless "bystanders".