Rattled Republicans seek a last-ditch strategy to stop Trump

webfact

• 3 months later...

A new party is the only way forward: one 'tea party', one central party ( present establishment GOP and HRC Democrats) and leftish party.

I like it; the Reactionaries, the Redundants, and the Radicals

I have been disgusted with the choice we have for president. I have always voted for the one I thought was the best candidate without consideration of party affiliation. this time it appears there is no best choice, least worst maybe. However, now I see the Republicans are trying to ditch their own candidate; not even the Republican stalwart Shrubs will endorse Trump. The fact that George W won't endorse Trump may be the best reason I have seen to vote for Trump.

Republicans voting democratic and democrats voting republican, what a mass, and the outcome will be a mass too.

Somebody going to church? Not every person is a dye-hard proponent of one political party. I have consistently voted for either party's candidate if I thought they were the best choice for the country.

So democratic...let the party representatives to decide...

I am not too fond of Trump and suspect that if he is elected that would play into the hands of Clinton, which I would see as even worse option. We've seen what Clintons are all about and nothing would change. One questions is there really no better alternatives than these corrupted speaking heads available?

Trump might be clever enough to hire more clever advisers than he himself is. That would be the only way he could fulfill his promises of change.

It seems to me that something is boiling and simmering as they see him as such a threat. I suppose it can only be that they feel that he can't be controlled or blackmailed.

An adviser from Sesame street would be more clever than Trump.

And of course the problem being that every time Trump pitches them an idea they'd laugh him outta the house.

- "OK, so when we gonna start on this wall guys?"

-"HUH, your actually serious about that? Hahaha you crack me up Boss hahaha"

Dopey Don- what will he come up with next.55555

"to save the GOP from hitching its fortunes to an unpredictable celebrity "

After all, that is what the GOP is all about...

Saving the fortunes of the wealthiest white guys in the country.

GOP = Greedy Old People

Edited by willyumiii

IMO its not really about the dinosaurs choosing a strategy..they just dont know which way to gamble.

If Trump has the voters numbers then of course they will ride on him to get the party into power.

but if they shaft him it will cause riots amongst his supporters and most probably create a backlash against the party while turning more voters towards Trump.

Then if Trump goes independent, and wins, the dinosaurs have lost power and got serious egg on their faces. They dont like that.

They have the power to either change the rules and/or influence all the others not to endorse Trump.

Since they are not doing both (yet) just looks like they are sh!tting themselves and running scared.

must be the the most interesting election in modern history anyway.