Newbie - Questions On Single Entry Tourist Visa

Hi everyone,

I am from Malaysia and on my first single entry tourist visa obtained from the Thai Consulate Penang.

The "Date of Issue" for my single entry tourist visa is 01 March 2016.

The "Enter Before" is 31 May 2016.

I will be entering Bangkok via Don Muang airport today 03 March 2016.

My questions are :

1. How many days will I be allowed to stay upon stamped in by the Immigration Officer?

2. What is the total number of days that I stay in Bangkok based on a single entry tourist visa?

Thank you everyone for your kind input for this newbie :)

1. You will get a 60 day entry.

2. You can extend the 60 day entry from the visa for 30 days at an immigration office. After that you will need to leave the country for a new visa or a visa a visa exempt entry.

• Like 1

1. If you enter on Mar 3rd you will be granted a 60 day permit to stay. You will be admitted until May 1st.

You will need to leave on or before May 1st OR apply for an extension of stay.

• ​You can apply for a 30 day extension of stay at the Chaeng Wattana Immigration office within the last couple of weeks of your 60 day stay. Cost 1,900 baht.

Regardless of how early you apply for the extension it will extend your stay for another 30 days.

Thank you elviajero for the very helpful details :)

I have entered on 2 previous occasions via visa exempt 30 days stay.

And for the 2 occasions, I have extended another 30 days extension (B1900) at Chaeng Wattana Immigration.

I check with an Immigration officer on whether they have a cap of number of 30 days (B1900) extensions that one can apply.

Her reply is that if one applied too many a time 30 days extensions (B1900), the applicant would be questioned.

Now that I am on a single entry tourist visa, will my 30 days extension (B1900) after the initial 60 days, be affected by the number

of previous 30 days extension (B1900) on visa exempt entries?

Thank you elviajero for the very helpful details smile.png

I have entered on 2 previous occasions via visa exempt 30 days stay.

And for the 2 occasions, I have extended another 30 days extension (B1900) at Chaeng Wattana Immigration.

I check with an Immigration officer on whether they have a cap of number of 30 days (B1900) extensions that one can apply.

Her reply is that if one applied too many a time 30 days extensions (B1900), the applicant would be questioned.

Now that I am on a single entry tourist visa, will my 30 days extension (B1900) after the initial 60 days, be affected by the number

of previous 30 days extension (B1900) on visa exempt entries?

No it would not.

• Like 1