Multiple entry ED Visa

getting back on topic. yes i know people re entering thailand on ed visas who were tested for thai skills and they did not show proficient thai language skills and were denied entry.

The regulations for educational visas have been a complete shambles for the last few years .

Constantly changing the rules , the rules seemed to change every few weeks and they were not announced and they were put into immediate effect .

Some schools followed some rules and others didnt .

It was chaos and no one really knew what was going on at any given time .

But how they want to check me when i say i learn english language??? (Im german citizen)

I have heard that they do not check for any language other than Thai .

Yeah. Any other language , Muay Thai, university master and so on.

ED visa does not equal private Thai language school only.

But how they want to check me when i say i learn english language??? (Im german citizen)

Yes, If I went to an immigration office and they asked me to demonstrate my Muay Thai skills................they would only have to ask me once...........and they probably wouldnt do it again :)

Yes, If I went to an immigration office and they asked me to demonstrate my Muay Thai skills................they would only have to ask me once...........and they probably wouldnt do it again :)

Maybe not in the airport on a multiple but for an extension of a single they would ask for pictures in the Muay Thai camp and all that stuff. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Ed Visa is/are, as the name dictates for Educational purposes. However, the education does not always be for learning the Thai language. I know several young farangs who have an Ed visa to learn other, such as Mua Thai. I can't see any immigration officer wanting you to prove your learned proficiency in this.

Sometime ago Jomtien immigration were doing routine Thai language tests for all Farang carrying out 90 day reporting who held an ED visa and (specifically) who were studying at Thai language schools - I am not sure of the current status of this testing.

Sometime ago Jomtien immigration were doing routine Thai language tests for all Farang carrying out 90 day reporting who held an ED visa and (specifically) who were studying at Thai language schools - I am not sure of the current status of this testing.

Yea I think the keyword there is "specifically". If you went to extend your ED visa and your supporting document would be indicating other things than Thai language school, they wouldn't be doing that.

Edited by lkv

But yes, back to the original topic, if the OP can obtain a multiple entry ED, he should not be asked questions when entering the country. If they start talking Thai, tell them u do TEFL or something, or otherwise learn the Thai equivalent of " I don't speak Thai very well yet".

Edited by lkv

But yes, back to the original topic, if the OP can obtain a multiple entry ED, he should not be asked questions when entering the country. If they start talking Thai, tell them u do TEFL or something, or otherwise learn the Thai equivalent of " I don't speak Thai very well yet".

the guy i know had been on a learn thai study visa for more than 3 years. they checked him at the airport and his thai language skills were not good enough and he was not allowed back in the country. might be better to get an ed visa based on learning something else.

the guy i know had been on a learn thai study visa for more than 3 years. they checked him at the airport and his thai language skills were not good enough and he was not allowed back in the country. might be better to get an ed visa based on learning something else.
And why did Immigration assume that his multiple entry non ED visa was connected to Thai language? Edited by lkv

And why did Immigration assume that his multiple entry non ED visa was connected to Thai language?

Because the name of the school was in his passport and many schools have the rich idea to call themselves Thai language School; and its easy enough to give them a call and check

Edited by BangkokKen

Because the name of the school was in his passport and many schools have the rich idea to call themselves Thai language School; and its easy enough to give them a call and check

No name of any school or anything is printed on a visa issued by a Consulate or Embassy.

Edited by lkv

No, no name of any school or anything is printed on a visa issued by a Consulate or Embassy.

I have 4 ED visas all had the school name on it. It's not printed it's added by hand in Thai on the actual visa.

I have 4 ED visas all had the school name on it. It's not printed it's added by hand in Thai on the actual visa.

Are you perhaps referring to extensions obtained in local Immigration?

I did not realize it either before I had been asked about each school by an immigration officer, I even had the head of ED visa immigration calling every each of my school to check that I have been a student there. Each time he pointed me the scribble in Thai that I had ignored before. Saying 'What about that school, what did you study?' Each school name was written in my passport.

Yes, so as I said I believe you're talking about single entry ED visa that was extended at local immigration and you changed school every 12 months, getting another single entry ED visa that then got extended again right?

Edited by lkv

Nobody is stopping them to call the respective school or institute or whatever and confirm that the student will or has been attending if they wish to do so.

Edited by lkv