Strange symptoms

Aforek

Hello ( excuse my English, it's a little bit difficult for me to explain )

two days ago, I have bought a " tea " at Makro food service: I don't remember the name because I threw it, but it's a green pack with a dragon on it, it's a dust green tea

I drank a first cup; green color totally artificial, psychedic, and taste not very nice, dust very thin, never seen a tea like this

after some time, I drank a second cup, thinking already that it seems very artificial and bad tea; I made a little sleep and when I stood up I felt totally dizzy, walking losing balance, as if I was drunk ( of course , I was not ); I had to walk in touching the wall, otherwise I fall down; several hours like this, just some problems to keep my balance; when lying down, norrmal, only when I stand up difficult to walk right ; at that moment, I just wondered what happens , I have a good health, noting special; this morning, when I woke up, I felt better, not as firm as usual, but ok and it was just at this moment that I thought of the tea, because I don't see an other reason to these symptoms ( unless if my girlfriend put some poison in my food, but I don't think so, she is a good girl biggrin.png ) ; it was at this moment that I threw it

my question is ; is there something inside which made me loose my balance, am I allergic to something ? if this strange tea is on sale at Makro, I suppose it's not dangerous, so, why I had such symptoms ( first time in my life ) ?; now, I am normal again and I don't see anything but the tea as the cause of my problem

If you know what has happened, please tell it ( it was not an hallucination and I am not crazy biggrin.png )

may be there is a preparation that didn't know, never seen a dust tea before

Edited by Aforek

Maybe you had a very big hit of caffeine on an empty stomach or were dehydrated. Sometimes our bodies are weaker than at other times, perhaps you were sick or at a low ebb, or your blood pressure went a bit crazy. The heat in Thailand can undo anyone. I would take some ORS salts and make sure you are well hydrated. If it happens again you might want to consider a check up.

I think I might try some if it is that strong!

Edited by mommysboy

what is strange is that , as everybody, I eat many different sorts of food and it has happend only with this tea, and the first time in my life ( I am 66 years old ).

but to have a general check up is my intention this year : I am a rather healty guy ( exercise every day, no smoke, no alcool , trying to have healthy food ) ; maybe a blood pressure problem, but again, why only with this tea ?

what is strange is that , as everybody, I eat many different sorts of food and it has happend only with this tea, and the first time in my life ( I am 66 years old ).

but to have a general check up is my intention this year : I am a rather healty guy ( exercise every day, no smoke, no alcool , trying to have healthy food ) ; maybe a blood pressure problem, but again, why only with this tea ?

Being fit and active at 66 years old is admirable but their are limits especially in a hot country.

I would not get hung up on it being about one particular susbstance, you may want to review whether you are just overdoing things a bit.

I do completely agree with Sheryl's advice of a check up, purely as a precautionary measure.

I can remember when I was exremely fit I also got drunk very easily, and a high dose of sugar could send me sky high. Hopefully, then what you are suffering from is being very healthy.

Avoid Makro; it's processed junk paradise.

I go often to Makro, but I buy always the same things; this " tea ", it was the first time, because it was very cheap , but strange product; as thin as sand, let's call it a dust of tea, a green totally strange, for me, it's a chemical factory, and believe me, I am not easily sick

to day, much bicycle, no heart problem, but I still will have a general health check this year

thanks for your opinions smile.png

Too bad you didn't save the tea package. If you knew the tea and the brand we could make more intelligent comments. Was it a special purpose tea maybe? It's always good to keep coincidence in mind. Maybe it wasn't the tea, but something else. The only way to know for sure is to try to replicate your experience, only with a small amount of the tea. Hope that you figure it out. Good luck

Avoid Makro; it's processed junk paradise.

I go often to Makro, but I buy always the same things; this " tea ", it was the first time, because it was very cheap , but strange product; as thin as sand, let's call it a dust of tea, a green totally strange, for me, it's a chemical factory, and believe me, I am not easily sick

to day, much bicycle, no heart problem, but I still will have a general health check this year

thanks for your opinions smile.png

I know exactly what you are talking about.I lot of colleagues from the Indian Subcontinent drink a lot

I honestly think you need a check up now to rule out cardiac arrythmia. Sure, the tea triggered something, and likely it is nothing, but surely it is best as it may have revealed an underlying problem, and you plan to have a check up anyway. I understand your reluctance though.