You are 60. Where to spend two weeks?

THAIPHUKET

Just went to Patong Bay Garden hotel in Phuket. Right smack dab on the middle of the beach and pool steps from beach.

Great buffet breakfast included in amazing price of about 50 usd a night.

walk to nightlife but hotel is quite. Hotel can arrange trips to islands all you have to do is get in boat.

can recommend enough. They are tearing it down in May for a Luxury membership timeshare/hotel

so is last chance to get these prices forever.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297930-d479511-Reviews-Patong_Bay_Garden_Resort-Patong_Kathu_Phuket.html

whistling.gif What is your nationality?

if you are British look into Vietnam ( I believe you now get Visa free entrance (no cost) with latest rule changes in 2016).

look carefully, and you will find low cost hotels in HCMC, Nha Trang, and Vung Tau for a two week stay.

Just remember to think that you may need to buy a re-entry permit from Thailand to keep your current Thai visa valid when you leave the country.

I can't remember the age but there is an age when you can travel on Vietnam rail trains for half price....but I just cant remember if that starts at age 60 or 65.....I'm 69 now and I can get half-fare on overnight sleeper fares in Vietnam.

Saves you a hotel room for that night by traveling on an overnight sleeper train half fare from HCMC to Nha Trang.

Well that's strange as I applied successfully online three weeks ago, they opened the online banking, sent me the forms and I just sent them back two days ago with my proof of ID notarized documents.

I am doing (at least willing to try) the same things at 66 as I did in my 20's and it's much better now. Since giving up the booze I can remember everything the next day....month....year....always.

Just went to Patong Bay Garden hotel in Phuket. Right smack dab on the middle of the beach and pool steps from beach.

Great buffet breakfast included in amazing price of about 50 usd a night.

walk to nightlife but hotel is quite. Hotel can arrange trips to islands all you have to do is get in boat.

can recommend enough. They are tearing it down in May for a Luxury membership timeshare/hotel

so is last chance to get these prices forever.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297930-d479511-Reviews-Patong_Bay_Garden_Resort-Patong_Kathu_Phuket.html

Hey dude, he wants another hotel in Krabi; not Phuket !! Unless you own this hotel.

The Sheraton in Krabi is lovely and they run a free shuttle down to Ao Nang several times a day which is decent for walking and mingling. Eating on site can be expensive but there a few cheap (and better tasting) small eateries outside the front gate and on the beach next to the hotel so you never really need to eat at the hotel at all.

Are there any good shopping malls in Krabi? A girl always like to see the how the locals "do" a shopping mall. And believe me, the Thais "do" shopping malls very well, at least in the big cities and very surprisingly well in the smaller ones. Maybe aircon is the reason.

You might like to visit Hoi An near Danang. Beautiful beach with high waves. Lots of pedicabs available for transportation at a leisurely speed. Hue is nice too. Lots of historical sites available. Just a tour of the Citadel (of Tet '68 fame) will take you two days. Good seafood available. Steamed red snapper (ca hong) is especially good. While in Hoi An, You could visit Marble Mountain. They now have an elevator which takes you to the top. You can view Buddhist grottos and shrines on the walk down. Dalat is another good city to visit. Lots of interesting options!